August 27, 2014 | 866 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutTheGlamLife

I love it, although it can be a bit orange...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Currently I use a high end bronzer in the $30 range, so I wanted to try out something cheap in price from the drugstore. I wanted to love this product after hearing all the raves on YouTube, but It fell short from my expectations. First the perks of this product. . . The packaging is really nice, but sometimes the compact doesn't close all the way. The price is fantastic!!! It's so cheap. Out of all the drugstore bronzers I've tried this has the best color to it, not to red and not to orange.
Now for the downsides. . . It does nothing to bronze up my face at all. This was really surprising to me because I'm only a NC20. I have to scrape the product to get a slight amount of color. Maybe this was just my experience with it, I don't know. For now though I'll stick with my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

EDIT: I don't know what changed, but I love this bronzer!!! I find myself gravitating towards this bronzer over my highend ones. It is a very flattering, natural looking, sunkissed color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is an excellent quality for the price. I have pretty fair neutral/warm skin, and this looks great as a contour. THIS IS MATTE. I really do not understand why some reviewers are saying this has shimmer in it. There is no shimmer, shine, sheen, sparkle, nothing. I like this because it is lighter than my NARS laguna, so I don't have to be as precise when I apply it if I'm in a rush. This has warm undertones, so on some people it might turn out orangey. If you have cool skin, you might want to splurge on Benefit's Hoola. It has gray undertones so it won't be orangey at all. The packaging is pretty bad, but it was only $3 so that's ok. I threw out the sponge that came with it. I apply this with a Sephora pro contour brush (#74).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

For reference I'm about NW 20, brunette
-No orange
-NO glitter or even a sheen. Completely matt but not flat.
-easy to apply and blend
-decent sized sturdy compact
-somewhat easily available( although you can run in to "sold out" often")
-laughably cheap

Its a great bronzer and even if it was 10x more $$ it would still be a great one.

At the time of writing this, there are 528 reviews. Majority positive. That many people can't be wrong.
Even a lot of the negative reviews have something positive to say.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not very pigmented at all. I'm pretty pale and I couldn't get it to show up no matter how much I applied. I really wish it was darker because I love the packaging and price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

oh no. here i go about to upset the cult followers of this product. the powder itself wasn't bad at all! it was a smooth application, not patchy, good staying power.... but (on me) it looked orange! and muddy! oh how i wished i could have loved this. packaging was fine, price was great... product was not too good! although it reminds me tons of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (in the original shade, the deeper one is better) in the way that it is super warm toned. overall, for me it was a dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by macprobossychik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to give this cult favorite a try and I was impressed. For the price, it does a very good job for my complexion, which is NC44. It doesn't show up orangy on me at all, which is a bonus. I use this bronzer when I'm in a rush and there is no need to break out my more expensive ones. I love it and I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase it when I run out =)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first matte bronzer I ever bought when I first started contouring. I'm about an NC30 and this bronzer is warm enough so it doesn't look muddy on me (like some cool toned bronzers). It doesn't really show up when I'm more tan in the Summer, but it is perfect when I'm lighter in the Winter. It is ok as far as pigmentation and staying power, but no matter how much I buff I can't seem to blend this bronzer. If you're new to conturing this is a decent starter bronzer and it's only $3.

Pros:
-Very afforadable.
-OK staying power.
-Can build the color.
-Good shade for warmer undertones.
-Get a decent amount of product (I've had this for over a year and still haven't run out).

Cons:
-Hard if not impossible to blend.
-Depending on your skin tone might be too dark or not pigmented enough.
-If you have cool undertones this product might look a little orange on you.

Tip: If you're new to this bronzer apply with a light hand. You can always build it up, but it's hard to blend out and can make you look streaky if you're not careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by viviansweethart

Almost all YT gurus talk highly about this product, but I don't agree with them. I feel like this doesn't do much for my face. It's too light for me. If you are on the hunt for an extremely affordable bronzer, go for it. You won't be losing much at $4.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Orange.

Thats all I can say. Those who compare this product to Benefit's Hoola to get the "true" bronzer colour must haven't had it for too long. My skin is light with yellow undertones NC15-20ish, and at first it worked, but as time went on, the flimsy packaging eventually led oxygen into the product and caused it to go a orangey red rusty oompa loompa colour. I even dug up the product with the end of an old pair of tweezers and the further down it was, the more deeper and orangey it looks. The only reason why I gave it 2 stars is that the product IS okay for about the first week or so. But who's gonna use a 9.4g pot of bronzer in a week and a half? I have also suspected this broke me out because the line of contour I've done with it is where I mysteriously got 5 pimples in a row and my whole area that I bronze has been going mad. I am hesitant to try bronzer now, what if I buy an expensive bronzer and it oranges? Thanks NYC for the pimples, oompa loompa side of face and making me hesitant.