September 21, 2014 | 1907 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by diggity

Originally I tried this product as advised on the instructions -- on wet or damp before blowdrying. I wasnt very impressed. Then one day I tried a dab on dry hair before flat ironing. Wow! Works awesome this way and really protects hair well from strong heat. I was afraid it would be too heavy for my fine and thin hair, but it wasnt heavy or greasy. My hair has been super straight and shiney since I started using this stuff. Could be an HG. I recommend. EDIT - It seems like this really damages my hair after a few weeks of use. I think it's because it's so heavy and coating that it doesn't let moisture get in to penetrate the hair. Haven't had this problem with other pre-heat products. Updating my rating to a 3 because it's still a great product for occasional use.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Dreamweaver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a B&B fan for a very long time, but I was disappointed in this product. My hair is fine (lots of it, though) and cut in a short, layered style. I usually mix Defrizz with Styling Cream, after spraying in a bit of Thickening Spray, and my hair looks fantastic after blow drying. My salon ran out of the Defrizz, so my stylist recommended Straight. It made my hair dry, frizzy, and completely unmanageable. Back it went, the very next day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 11:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

I really like straight. I have naturally curly hair and like many others have tried so many products for straightening my hair. For some reason I really like the way this one works. It really does help fight humidity and keep your hair looking straight throughout the day. It is a silicone product and I think my hair just loves silicones. Also protects again heat. Super lightweight.. once you finish your hair it will feel natural, not like you have tons of product in your hair keeping it straight. You can run your fingers through it and it feels product free. That's one of the best things about it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 12:46:00 AM More reviews by surfergirl_81

I tried this a few times, and it never did much for my hair. I was really disappointed as I heard it was a great product, but I just didn't seem to have the same results others had with this product. I wouldn't buy this again, in fact I swapped the rest of my tube away.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Saydee

I had been using Wella Crosstrainer as a straightening miracle for a long time. A few years, actually. I was in love with how it worked, so I was too scared to ever try anything else in my hair. Then, I discovered Bumble and bumble straight. I thought, what the hey- I'll try it. Well, This product is fabulous! It is so amazing for my fine, wavy hair that I always straighten. (No one believes my hair is wavy.. It looks bouncy and straight) This product is great because you only need a small amount, distribute it evenly- and blow dry for perfect results. Gives great shine, smoothes everything out, and prevents frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by MuseInProgress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Oh, how I love this product. The only complaints I've seen on here are very "blond" comments -- did you really think a product you rub a dab of into your hair should magically turn frizzy or curly hair straight all on its own? Craziness. It's a silicon protectant and enhancer -- it PROTECTS your hair when you use your hair toys like blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc. -- and makes your hair perform like a superstar. No real results if I just air dry my hair (so I never use it then), but when I even just lightly blow my hair dry after shampooing and conditioning, it makes my hair soft, silky, gives even consistency, and basically turns it into a hair commercial with hair to die for. Here's why I'm so happy 'bout THAT: The hair that comes out of my head is starting to turn grey -- and the worst part of the grey hairs is that even though you may color 'em so you don't see 'em anymore, they just don't play nicely with the other hair follicles... I mean, jumping straight out of your head for an inch or so, then corkscrewing around, then suddenly just kinky with no curl, and finally ending up straight again and poking someone in the eye (hey -- somebody could sue me someday, and THAT's no fun).

Again, it won't magically turn frizzy hair straight instantly, but if you know what I'm talkin' about (and a lot of you do), suddenly having consistently-textured hair is a dream come true. The packaging's a dream, too -- Just a simple squeeze tube, with the product coming out of the center of the cap when you turn it. So simple, and SO convenient when you're juggling grooming utensils. It's at least twice the price of what you'd expect to pay for some goo at the drug store, but it lasts for what seems like forever (you don't need much, and the packaging provides complete control over how much comes out) and it's truly, officially "good stuff."

Again, it doesn't replace your conditioner, and you won't get your best results unless you blow dry at the very least (good thing it protects you while you're doin' it), but my hair is frickin' gorgeous and, more importantly, FEELS like heaven. I love my hair now -- it's so pretty. I might kiss myself. In fact I will. There, I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by appleblossom

Moved from los angeles to the south and immediately freaked out over what the humidity was doing to my wavy hair. But with this, I keep getting asked what I use in my hair. Doesn't leave the hair stiff or dull like others. The shine is incredible, and it really resists humidity. I use a big blob in wet hair (I don't use silicone shampoo) blow dry with a brush then smooth with a straightening iron. Add a little more to any tips that look fuzzy, and finish with a spritz of hair spray at the crown. Soft, shiney, swingy hair. Work better than just silicone serum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This does make my naturally wavy hair soft, smooth and shiny, and when used in conjunction with a flat iron, it helps in straightening it. It definitely needs to be used in moderation if you have fine hair as it can easily weigh down your hair and/or make it look greasy if you overdo it. I'm not crazy about the price. If you can find Citre Shine's straightening balm, it is very similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 2:33:00 PM More reviews by LVHunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my staple for a really long time. The *only* thing I do not like about this is the price! Other than that I looooove it to do what it says it will do...make my big, naturally, coarse, dry & curly hair straight! I use this after I put in my Redken Addictive and then blow dry. My hair is smooth & soft, touchable and stays that way for a long time. I just wish that they would lower the dang price! But it works so well that I keep buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 11:15:00 PM More reviews by 21henry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried all types of straighteners and this is the only one that I like. I had my hair straightened in February and this helps prolong the life of the strengthening so that i only need to straighten once a year as opposed to very 3-4 months. Highly recommend this.