April 18, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Cherries In The Snow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's a reason it's been around since the early 50s - it's a fantastic color! And most fuchsia reds wash me out.

Splurge on the matching nail enamel. It's retro and classic but not dated, and it's super cheap. I got it on sale at the grocery store. The lipstick was only $4, and the polish $2.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color as a bold alternative to the red lip. This looks great on skin tones that look good in the blue shade reds, or if you want to make your teeth look whiter. I'm an NC20 and this look appropriate, without being too bright on me.

Looks great with NARS Madly blush!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

Pros:
- great "red but not quite", berry colour. It brightens up my face and makes me look a lot more energetic.
- surprisingly lasting. Without eating it could probably last 5 hours. With eating, the colour does fade in intensity, but it does so uniformly (no patchiness), and leaves a pretty stain on my lips.
- affordable. This colour reminds me of one of the more "high fashion" lippies from MAC but at a fraction of the price.

Cons:
- US exclusive, which means you can only get it in US or on ebay.
- if you want to have the natural, no makeup look, this is probably not going to work. As with most lipsticks in the red family, it makes you look polished and "done", but it's definitely going to be noticeable. I wouldn't say that it's a daring or inappropriate colour, but it may not be an everyday colour for some.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ilovelush81

I don't know if I just don't like the way any shade of red lipstick looks on my lips, or if red just isn't my color of a lipstick choice. Either way, I didn't like it. I've tried it twice now, and I don't think I'll try it again. I look severely overdone when I wear this, and not that it isn't a great lipstick, because it is. I just don't think I look good in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for a stain!!!! I love it...I put on some light pink gloss or clear gloss...interesting combo and I've always been one to do interesting combinations. NC42...very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another of the all time great Revlon lipppies.

This has been around forever and is legendary.

I love this for night time or as a stain for day. It is a fuscia red tone which can be worn as a lovely accent with nude color cat eyes which is how it was worn in the 50's. This is not a lipstick for those who want a reddish tinge but is rather a full on red.

The price and quality of Revlon lippies cannot be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I LOVE this shade of lipstick. It is so perfect for fall!!! And as one of the previous reviewers said, I love having the guts to wear it out. This is an amazingly flattering color, that I don't think I've come across before and I have tons of lipstick. This is a non-drying lipstick that wears for a looong time. Even after eating, I still had a nice "stained lips" effect. Will be adding a back up soon

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Love this product!!! The color literally makes my skin glow and lifts my complexion. I've gotten so many compliments from guy friends while wearing this. It's must have for the fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by dizzied

My search for the perfect red lipstick has continually brought this lipstick into my hand, amongst others. I finally gave in and bought it today because Meijer was having a BOGO on Super Lustrous lippies. I bought it fully knowing it was a blueish, fuchia red. I ripped open the packaging and applied one swipe across my lip balmed mouth & fell in love. This color is VERY bright when applied full strength. Heck, it is very bright when applied over balm to tone it down, but what a fun color! I was worried this would look bad against my skintone (N4) but I feel like it brightens me up, and I feel uber girly wearing it. I think that this can be worn for daytime over a few swipes of lip balm, but it may take some *ahem* balls for me to wear it full strength.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bummer for my yellow toned complexion. I was looking for a bright red, and this product is bright fuschia. If I'm going clubbing, great but definitely not a lipstick I could even tone down for the daytime.