Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

on 10/13/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Too bright, too red... and I love it... sheesh!

I love blue-based reds and pinks (not surprising given my cool skin-tone), and often make choices that are simply too intense and dramatic for my coloring (*cough* and age *cough*).

Often I wear them anyway, after blotting to a lovely stain, and this is fabulous...! I can see this applied sheerly for day-wear and more deeply for evening... I'm buying a second one to keep in my purse!

on 8/30/2010 11:17:00 PM

I am very disappointed in this product. I am in Canada and used to buy this shade here years ago and loved it. It was the perfect blue based red for me. Now that red lips are really in this season, I ordered two tubes of this from the US since it is no longer available in Canada and was very disappointed to find it is now a bright fuchsia colour and not the beautiful red it used to be. Why oh why did Revlon have to go and mess with perfection?? Now I'm on the hunt for a true blue based red again.

I did wear this at work today. It was very bright and I don't think any of my co-workers were expecting it after seeing me in nothing but lip gloss all summer.

on 8/25/2010 2:42:00 PM

Nice bright vivid red with pink undertones. I would only wear this when going out at night. I personally prefer a deeper red, but I am enjoying wearing it.

Really bright pink/red, and it looks beautiful when dabbed on slightly for everyday wear, and a light swipe is pretty for nighttime :) good creamy formula too, but needs a lip balm underneath

on 4/11/2010 6:23:00 PM

Oh dear. This is why real people can't wear bright lipstick. I really wanted to find a nice, sort of dramatic evening shade in the red family. This color looked sooo beautiful in the tube, but went on like fuschia paint. It is absolutely opaque and, on me, extremely garish. If only it were sheerer and you could build up the intensity - but no. It's like a 1000 watt light bulb right out of the tube. Sorry. I can't pull it off.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

There's a reason it's been around since the early 50s - it's a fantastic color! And most fuchsia reds wash me out.

Splurge on the matching nail enamel. It's retro and classic but not dated, and it's super cheap. I got it on sale at the grocery store. The lipstick was only $4, and the polish $2.

on 2/23/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this color as a bold alternative to the red lip. This looks great on skin tones that look good in the blue shade reds, or if you want to make your teeth look whiter. I'm an NC20 and this look appropriate, without being too bright on me.

Looks great with NARS Madly blush!!

on 1/24/2010 5:20:00 PM

Pros:
- great "red but not quite", berry colour. It brightens up my face and makes me look a lot more energetic.
- surprisingly lasting. Without eating it could probably last 5 hours. With eating, the colour does fade in intensity, but it does so uniformly (no patchiness), and leaves a pretty stain on my lips.
- affordable. This colour reminds me of one of the more "high fashion" lippies from MAC but at a fraction of the price.

Cons:
- US exclusive, which means you can only get it in US or on ebay.
- if you want to have the natural, no makeup look, this is probably not going to work. As with most lipsticks in the red family, it makes you look polished and "done", but it's definitely going to be noticeable. I wouldn't say that it's a daring or inappropriate colour, but it may not be an everyday colour for some.

on 1/2/2010 1:33:00 AM

I don't know if I just don't like the way any shade of red lipstick looks on my lips, or if red just isn't my color of a lipstick choice. Either way, I didn't like it. I've tried it twice now, and I don't think I'll try it again. I look severely overdone when I wear this, and not that it isn't a great lipstick, because it is. I just don't think I look good in it.

on 12/18/2009 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great for a stain!!!! I love it...I put on some light pink gloss or clear gloss...interesting combo and I've always been one to do interesting combinations. NC42...very nice.

Popular Lipsticks