July 29, 2014 | 1950 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I mainly love this scrub because it claims to be gentle enough for everyday use, which is especially handy if you wear makeup every day. I used a toner once or twice after cleansing with this stuff just to see if there was any foundation left on my face, and the cotton pad came away completely clean. I wouldn't say it makes my skin look noticeably "bright" after using it, but for the price I paid for it, I'm definitely satisfied. The only complaint I have is that if you aren't using this in the shower where you can rinse it off rather thoroughly, you have to go to almost excessive lengths to rinse all of it off completely. Otherwise, you can feel some of the little "scrubbies" afterwards as you're putting on your moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ll22

I absolutely LOVE this stuff...I have really dry, dull skin and this product does wonders for my skin!! For me, this is one of the few products that does exactly what it says it is supposed to do...I am already on my third bottle of this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Witchyblr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this! It's so gentle and I love the smell! BUT it honestly did not brighten my skin...as an exfoliater this did nothing...it felt nice but did not do anything for my skin...my acne was not any better and It did not calm my skin at all...I would recommend this only if you have perfect or near perfect skin and you are looking for a cleanser that feels nice...if you have any problems with your skin though I would not buy this product.In my opinion it was a waste of 7 dollars. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by swoopingbuzzards

this is quite nice, cleans my face well but I don't find it really exfoliates my skin..
I think I'd like it more if it was more scrubby!

********************UPDATE********************
after about 2 or 3 days of use I have had a bad reaction!
(I've been using the scrub and moisturiser 2x a day)
My skin is irritated and I've got lots of little bumps on my face, especially on my cheeks and under my eyes.
I'm really dissapointed, especial since I spent $12 on the scrub and $20 on the moisturiser! (aud)
And I find it really odd how it says it's suitable even for sensitive skin, I would infer that means it's gentle yet it's done this!
And aveeno is usually such a good brand... :(

I will not be buying this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Bellexpert

As many have said, this caused me to have more blemishes. The beads inside are so small that I feel they might get caught in my tiny pores. This didn't give me breakouts or acne, but my face did not feel smoother with less acne or blackheads. I have relatively good skin: a few blackheads on my nose and oily forhead and nose.. This made me have many whiteheads!!
As for skin brightening, this just has sparse reflective shimmers giving that the name.. no quiero
Take it or leave it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by jadukdik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a really good everyday scrub. it's so gentle that u can use everyday (well at least for my skin). my skin is quite sensitive and gets irritated easily but this scrub doesnt break me out. i've been using it for 4 months now and it does the job and keeps my face glowy after cleansing.

i had been using this for 2 months or so then i stopped and rotated to another scrub (clean and clear exfoliating scrub) which broke me out. after letting my skin recover, i decided to go back to my aveeno scrub again and this time the result was stunning - my face was glowing! i think when i was using it regularly i didnt notice that glow because i got so used to seeing it. but once i stopped my face looked a bit dull and when i went back to it the result was obvious that it brightens and smooths my face.

the downside is that it is drying. i have dry/combo skin in winter and it's a bit too dry for me, but i just put my moisturizer afterwards and that solves everything :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cooka3

EDIT: After a year, I decided to try this product again. I blame my previous experience on a bad lot of product or the fact that I was pregnant and my body chemistry caused the product to create an adverse effect on my skin. After using this product, I noticed dramatic changes in my skin tone. It was brighter and even some of the acne scars started to fade away. My skin felt clean too.

I bought this product after reading a review in a magazine. The noted effects of the product made trying it tempting. It caused me to break out in a rash all over my face, as well as a chemical burn in the cheekbone area underneath my eyes. I'm not sure what is in this product that caused this, but I returned the scrub and got a refund. I was shocked because I have never had an adverse effect to an Aveeno product before.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ohmerde

I read reviews on how great Aveenos Skin Brightening range was so I was disappointed to discover how this did absolutely nothing for my skin but dry it out. I'm a normal/combo. No brightening effect. No evening of my complexion. Nada.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this a tad too drying for my skin, though it definitely does brighten my skin. I would not use this every day, though every once in a while doesn't hurt.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jlai08

I use this 2-3 times a week as part of my skincare regimen. i think it's a really nice scrub at such a low price. Aveeno products are really worth it.