August 27, 2014 | 1696 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Bath, Shampoo & Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by stayover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally am not a fan of this scent. I do recommend that you smell this scent before you buy any Grace products. That is what killed it for me. Now getting passed the scent, the shower scrub is a nice product. It is full of beads and is a little rough on your skin, so you feel clean when you're done showering. I wouldn't buy Grace again just because I dislike the scent. I would love to try another product in a different scent though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Philosophy scent, and I really enjoy using it when I feel depressed or sad because it makes me feel better It's just a really clean, very light floral. It is absolutely wonderful. I feel it is moisturizing and cleans very well, and I would most definitely repurchase this, and and other forms of this fragrance. I tried it as a shampoo once, and it did an okay job. Later in the day, the back of my head felt really gunky, so I don't think I would ever use the 3-in-1s as shampoo again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by DaynaMichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the smell of Amazing Grace - it is my favorite scent: light, feminine, and soothing. However, this particular product is not a home-run for me. I find it too drying for my fine hair when using it as a shampoo. As a body cleanser it does an average job. My biggest complaint about this is the fact that the scent does not linger on me!! I have used the Amazing Grace buffing cleanser in the past, and I smelled like AG all day, but this product does not do the same thing. The really annoying thing is that when my boyfriend uses this in his hair, I can smell it on him all day, but when I use it, it fades immediately. Not fair!
Bottom line: I will continue to buy other Amazing Grace products, but probably not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I love this scent and shower gel. Can't stand to use it as a shampoo because it leaves my hair like straw, way too drying. My skin is infused with the scent even after I am dry. Whenever I have a stressful day I use this an the aromatherapy of AG is awesome and just melts my worries away. I have and will continue to repurchase. The only issue with this is getting the last little bit out. I turn it upside down but it keeps tipping back again. I would love a squeeze tube for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I ordered the 32oz bottle of Amazing Grace 3 in 1 on QVC for $29.00. This was a steal so I could not pass it up. I used it for the first time tonight and I am in love!!!!!! I used it as a shower gel and it really creates a nice lather. The scent is truly feminine and it is soft and smells really good. I also like that the scent stays on after you shower so I am constantly sniffing myself because this 3 in 1 smells sooo nice. I also like that my skin was not dry when I got out of the shower and I did not even need to put on lotion. The 3 in 1 that I purchased came with a pump so this makes it really nice when in the shower. This 3 in 1 just makes me feel really clean and my skin so soft. I will definitely purchase the cologne and lotion now.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

2 words: Toilet Water.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Calley319

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. What I like best is that I don't smell like a cookie or a berry after I shower with it. It also doens't offend me in the shower by knocking me out with too much scent. It's a very feminine clean scent. And efter you shower and lotion, you may not be able to smell it anymore, but rest assured, other's can. I always get compiliment on the way I smell. Another good thing about it is that you can put any perfume on over it and it doesn't compete with it. I use every thing from Inner Grace to Hypnotic Poison over it. I find that there are brans of shower gel that dry my out, but I keep coming back to this for the soft scent and the fact that it doesn't dry me out. I'm kind of an oily person though, so it may be that people with drier skin have a problem with that SLS stuff. I feel lucky that I don't. Yes, after spending literally hours sniffing and testing grocery store shower gels and lotions, I come back to these. The 32oz QVC set IS the best deal and I find that it lasts a long time (about a year, due to the fact that I have Inner Grace shower stuff too). I also, don't use any of it as a shampoo, just as a shower gel. It's a lovely product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by sheal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I tried this when I hate the Amazing Grace scent....maybe b/c at Sephora it didn't have that stink to it? Anyways - stupidly bought it and it reeks, it very drying, and overpriced to boot. I love all the other philosophy washes scents, but this ended up in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I remember sniffing this at Sephora after hearing rave reviews a few years back about the smell and smelling.....well almost nothing. But that experience wasn't enough for me and after hearing more and more reviews about how this is the best body wash in the universe, I broke down and bought the smallest size. I'm glad I didn't get a bigger size. I only used this as a shower gel so I can only talk about the way it works as a shower gel and in every way to me it was mediocre. There is hardly any smell and the faint smell that there is isn't that great in my humble opinion and it fades almost completely by the time you're out of the shower. It also dried out my skin a fair bit but then again most shower gels dry my skin out but not to the extent that Amazing Grace did. I'm giving it two lippies because it didn't break me out. It's waaaaaay overpriced for a shower gel that doesn't have an amazing scent or almost any scent for that matter and isn't moisturizing. Pretty much any shower gel you get from your local drugstore will give you better results than this. I'm back to good old Dove for now and I don't think I'll be parting with it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I'm on the fence as to whether I even like the scent of the AG shower gel. It kind of reminds me of an old lady, but at times it's pleasant. My husband asked what I was wearing after I tried it for the first time, but then he said it smelled okay. There is nothing really great about this product. I don't understand the hype because there are MANY other shower gels by Philosophy that I would purchase over this one (Cinnamon Buns, Waffle Cone, Strawberry Milkshake, etc.).