December 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Concealers - Sonia Kashuk - Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I've used this product everyday for almost a year now. It covers up under eye circles really well, but as the product ages it begins to settle a bit. It blends fantastically and because the colors are customizable I can match my skin tone perfectly year round. However, I find it difficult to use on acne bumps because it tends to make them look shiny. Also, it settles into dryness and makes skin look really flaky if its even a bit dry. For the price, its a really good quality concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I don't use this palette everyday, it is still an essential item in my collection. I can use all of the shades in this kit, although the lightest one has to be mixed with the darker yellow shade. My skintone is anywhere from NC25 in the winter-NC37 in the summer, and I can use this year round. The greenish color is perfect to cover up redness from acne and scars without leaving a green tint. The darker yellow can cover any uneveness in my skin, and sometimes I'll mix it with the lighter yellow under my eyes. I also love the powder to set the concealer, although I find myself going through the powder a lot quicker than the concealers! The coverage of this concealer is fantastic - although I have oily skin, this concealer somehow manages to last all day - about 8 hours- without looking cakey or sliding off. Sometimes it settles into the fine lines under my eyes, but I haven't found a concealer that hasn't done that yet so it's not too much of a negative for me. Also, the packaging is really convenient. even though it's only a magnet closure, I've had these concealers for a couple years and the texture hasn't changed! I love these concealers and I think they're really versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I've the SK concealer for about three months and I'm very pleased with it! It provides great coverage, has a nice texture, blends well, stay on all day with primer + powder.
However, it doesnt look very well under dry patches, like dried out pimples so just dab a little chapstick underneath and problem solved. Also be careful of how much you use or else itll look like a cakey mess!
Update: 5/2/2012 I don't understand what happened it could be due to the weather the concealer starts to melt off after a couple hours. :/ sucks that it lacks staying power

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

The salmon shade completely covered up my dark circles and I use the green shade for redness, and it's only $10.
The only problem was the staying power. It faded after a couple hours and made my under eyes look dry. I don't like the loose powder in this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mijuness

I was first interested in this because I wanted a concealer palette that was affordable but was still good quality. I've been using this product for a while now and I'm really pleased with it!
The packaging is really sleek and compact and it magnetizes shut. I've seen ones that come with applicators but mine is just a little square with the concealers and the powder.
This cost $10 and it comes with a light concealer, a darker concealer, a green concealer, and a translucent powder. I've used all shades in this pretty much equally since my skin changes quite a bit and they all work for me. I use my fingers to apply it, simply because it's the quickest way for me and it works. I use the concealers mainly for under my eyes and, luckily, my dark circles aren't really that dark so the concealers cover them up wonderfully. I like the green concealer a lot because it's not like a mint green color like most green concealers are, but rather a light olive green. Since my skin is pretty warm, I can use the green by itself and it still blends in naturally with my skin. I haven't used the translucent powder as much as the concealers, but it works great in making my skin look matte.

As much as I like this kit, it's definitely not perfect. The concealers can look cakey if you apply them liberally, so start with small amounts. Also, this concealer is pretty unforgiving towards dryness, so I would definitely recommend not putting this on dry patches. For some reason, the light concealer in my kit is a lot less creamier than the other two shades, but that's probably just my problem. I wish this concealer palette came in different shades so that the colors would work for more skintones, but right now it works great for me and I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this concealer kit. It does not get cakey which is always a plus, it lasts all day and the coverage is pretty good. I don't wear this alone tho, bc by itself it doesn't give the near full coverage that I need. I always wear it underneath Hard Candy Glamoflauge. With those two together, I'm covered and good to go all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by hikaruminmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've had the same palette for so long i don't want to say... i hit pan on the salmon shade a while ago and decided to try other concealers for a bit, but came back to this one recently. this time, instead of dipping in with my finger and dabbing directly under my eyes, i'm using ELF's tiny concealer brush to apply for more of a precise application. plus now i know how to use the green one for red acne marks and around my nose. oh and i like that the green corrector isn't a mint green like in other concealer palettes.

this palette works much better now that i know how to use it, which is to correct rather than conceal. here's a tip: warm it up. there's a beauty guru on youtube who suggests warming cosmetics up under a laptop. for me, i find that when i take the time to apply it with the tiny concealer brush, it gives time for the heat from my face to warm up the thinly-applied product. after putting this on with the tiny concealer brush, i use a dense foundation brush (Ecotools-awesome) to smooth it out, then i apply a thin layer of liquid or powder foundation.

i don't use the light shade in the palette (i'm an NC30 for reference), but i think you're supposed to mix the light and dark concealers to get a shade that suits you, which i don't like. i agree with others who say there should be more choices in shades. we're not makeup artists who know how to or have the time to custom-blend concealer shades. but for me, it works great. just ordered another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying I have HORRENDOUSLY, EXTREMELY BAD EYE CIRCLES. Yes, they are self-inflicted. No, I will not be fixing them anytime soon, because I am a university student. My eye circles are an angry red-purple, and combined with my thin skin I have blue veins visible everywhere else on my eye area. I've been told by more than one pleasantly honest friend that I look like I've been punched, haha.

So for fellow sufferers of bad dark circles, does this make the cut? No, not at all. I do enjoy this attempt at having multiple options for color correction, but the coverage is mediocre. However, I'd say the worst aspect is its poor lasting power on me. I've tried it around my nose and on blemishes. It fades within 2 hours, even when set with powder, and it fades unevenly/patchy... very unattractive. The concealer is nice and creamy, so it's easily blendable, but I need something that continues to look nice after application.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ohglorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer. It's VERY creamy, unlike a lot of other drugstore concealers I have tried. The coverage is decent, too. I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by willow100z

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hoped this would work for me. Drug store concealers never seem to work on me, but it got such positive reviews that I decided to take the risk.

I can't believe I wasted $9.99 on this.

I hoped to use it under my foundation to conceal my ice pick acne scars and some discoloration. First, I stippled and smoothed Pur Minerals See No More Pore minimizer on my scars. Then I used the darkest shade of the concealer (I have dark skin) and applied it with a brush, stippling to fill the scars and blending to match my foundation (Smashbox Studio Skin). I then dusted my face with Smashbox Photo Set pressed powder.

The concealer made my skin look greyish and dull. It settled into wrinkles I didn't know I had and made me look haggard. And when it dried, it looked cakey. Blech.

It doesn't suck completely, though. It lightened some dark spots on my face. But after a couple of hours, those patches looked pasty and discolored. I'm tossing this.