Neostrata Self Tan

4.4

Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTa, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Popylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

on 6/19/2007 8:35:00 PM

This is by far the best self-tanner I've used - I can't say enough about it. It's totally the bomb. What makes it great is it doesn't fade with a blotchy appearance on your skin (I exfoliate everyday) and the colour is so natural and glowing - my skin looks exactly like it would after a few days on a tropical beach. Fantastic. Makes me feel wealthy and healthy! Lasts about 3-4 days. I was surprized because it was the Dark Tan that worked for me (got a sample, then bought the full product) and it looks amazing on my naturally pale skin. It has a bronzer so when you put it on it looks shockingly dark - like chocolate pudding on your skin, but it allows you to see exactly where you are applying it and where you need to blend, then it just blends in and gives a subtle bronze look while the self tanner is developing.. Use gloves here. No lingering smell. And not over priced (paid $22). I brought it over to my friend and got her to do my back - then within minutes I put on a white cotton top figuring there'd probably be some transfer of colour onto the top - but later that night I took off the top and there was no staining on the white fabric - wow! No streaks. No orange. No obvious stop/start lines. After my horrendous Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan experience last summer this is the full monty opposite of that - I will never buy another ST product but this. Period.

Im going to buy this product, but before I do I want to know if anyone has before/after pictures? Because i am extremely white, and Im not sure how this will go with my skin color.. and I will update once i try it

on 6/8/2007 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

THANK YOU BELLA16! i saved a bundle on shipping thanks to you. you are what MUA is all about. i will update this as soon as i get the product.

on 6/4/2007 2:52:00 PM

So far this is the best I have tried, but it is not perfect. I think the color is awesome, looks natural, very little streaking. But, I do break out some after using it, and the color fades quickly on me. Also, it is hard for me to find. Any Chicago people have luck finding this? I will stick with this for now, though. Giving a tentative 5 as a relative to other products rating but will revise later if needed.

on 6/1/2007 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I almost feel bad bringing the rating down, I've read hundreds of reviews on the site and thought that I had finally found a good non-orangey self-tanner, I applied it 2 nights ago and immediately after it looked good with the effect from the bronzer. I even had the review written out in my head just stating hands-down I had finally found the miracle self-tanner. But alas, I looked in the mirror yesterday after having a shower and detected a little too much of a golden (yellow) tinge. My friends confirmed that I looked a little yellow as well. This may just be me though, I am pretty fair but can get a decent tan. I do have golden undertones. Final verdict, give it a try, you might luck out, but I'm sad to say I don't think this is the one for me :(
Update:
I tried it again, and got more compliments that I was tanned, when I said it was self-tanner they said it looked really good (although I have got a bit of sun). the yellowness could've been left over from my daily moisturizer self-tanner that I used a couple days before, and there is no better self-tanner than this anyways.
and maybe getting a bit of real color underneath helped make it more realistic. I almost deserves a 5 for the smell alone! no gross smell after, no gross smell the next day, can barely notice it, and it smells pretty good anyways!

on 5/31/2007 1:27:00 AM

Funny i just purchased this product today earlier not having read the reviews here until now. I dont know what enticed me to pick this one out of all the tanners sitting ont he shelves,maybe it was eye catching box, naaw its prolly cus it was one of two only remianing bottles on its display which i subconsioucly processed at <" must get it must get it")

I have just applied it now.So far so good bu i will report back.by the way i dont think its thaaaat expensive, ans if it works better than all the other tanners then u get what u pay for right?

on 5/27/2007 6:28:00 PM

I really liked this bronzer/self tanner because it actually bronzes you before the real colour sets in. I have used many different tanners+bronzers, but none of them acutally gave me the perfect colour, right away, and then set into a slightly deeper colour. I was a little scared at first because it looks like swamp goo. It also turns your hands into mud, and is hard to wash off, but the toothpaste-as-soap trick really works. From using tanners/moisturizers, i kind of forgot to moisturize my body before using it the first time, and it was hard to blend on my back and arms but it still worked out lovely and was streak free. Come to think of it, my body has been perfectly tanned for 4 days, and i've only touched it up once on my legs using 2/3 moisturizer and 1/3 of the selftan. It's not too expensive for me because i live in Canada, but $27+tax is still a bit pricey. At least it doesnt require constant reapplication which is such a PAIN in the summer.

on 5/19/2007 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is THE best self tanner I have EVER used. I am a PPP and most self tanners turn me orange (regardless of whether its HE or LE brands) and this one turned me just a gorgeous sun kissed look without the horrid stench of rotten curry (I find most ST stink like that). It doesnt streak, stink or wear off easily. I just wish the price wasn't outrageous ($24 CAN). I WILL buy again though cus its such a beautiful colour on me.

on 5/13/2007 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the 2 in 1 Sunsation self tanner in Deep Dark, product made in Canada purchased at Shopper's Drug Mart. This is the first self tanner I have ever tried and I really like this product! The color is pretty accurate (I am half asian half white, tan easily to a deep brown colour) more of on the yellowy brown side rather than a natural red brown tan from the sun. However, the color is pretty natural for a self tanner and worth it since I decided that I want to avoid wrinkles and ageing skin (Im turning 30 this year). Application was very easy, work fast since the product dries fast, and will stain your hands if you dont use gloves, but I just took the advice of another reviewer on here and used toothpaste to wash it off and that works really well! I really like this product and will be repurchasing.

on 5/13/2007 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

First, let me say I just ordered this product on the basis of all the great reviews here, so I have not yet had a chance to use or evaluate it. (I went ahead and rated it in the middle, so as not to skew the numbers one way or the other). But I'm writing just to say that I found another website that offers it for a far cheaper shipping price than the one mentioned in another review. You can get it @ www.getcanadiandrugs.com for just $6.99 shipping. Compared to the obscene $15.98 the other website wanted, this seemed like a real bargain. (And the product price was almost exactly the same, though actually cheaper on the getcanadiandrugs.com site as well by, I think, 50 cents or so.) Anyway, for those interested who were put off by that pretty outrageous shipping, (I count myself among them), this may be a better way to go. Will update once I've received the product and had a chance to try it out.

UPDATE - Received quickly (far quicker than I anticipated), and finally have had a chance to try it out. Agree with the other rave reviews here -- this is great stuff! It looks completely natural, no streaks, and isn't even all that hard to get off your hands - some soap and a just a little toothpaste easily does the trick as long as you do it right away.

Video Reviews & Tutorials