November 23, 2014 | 2059 users online

Self Tanners - Neostrata - Self Tan

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by allary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I almost feel bad bringing the rating down, I've read hundreds of reviews on the site and thought that I had finally found a good non-orangey self-tanner, I applied it 2 nights ago and immediately after it looked good with the effect from the bronzer. I even had the review written out in my head just stating hands-down I had finally found the miracle self-tanner. But alas, I looked in the mirror yesterday after having a shower and detected a little too much of a golden (yellow) tinge. My friends confirmed that I looked a little yellow as well. This may just be me though, I am pretty fair but can get a decent tan. I do have golden undertones. Final verdict, give it a try, you might luck out, but I'm sad to say I don't think this is the one for me :(
Update:
I tried it again, and got more compliments that I was tanned, when I said it was self-tanner they said it looked really good (although I have got a bit of sun). the yellowness could've been left over from my daily moisturizer self-tanner that I used a couple days before, and there is no better self-tanner than this anyways.
and maybe getting a bit of real color underneath helped make it more realistic. I almost deserves a 5 for the smell alone! no gross smell after, no gross smell the next day, can barely notice it, and it smells pretty good anyways!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by nlyly

Funny i just purchased this product today earlier not having read the reviews here until now. I dont know what enticed me to pick this one out of all the tanners sitting ont he shelves,maybe it was eye catching box, naaw its prolly cus it was one of two only remianing bottles on its display which i subconsioucly processed at <" must get it must get it")

I have just applied it now.So far so good bu i will report back.by the way i dont think its thaaaat expensive, ans if it works better than all the other tanners then u get what u pay for right?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by hottamale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this bronzer/self tanner because it actually bronzes you before the real colour sets in. I have used many different tanners+bronzers, but none of them acutally gave me the perfect colour, right away, and then set into a slightly deeper colour. I was a little scared at first because it looks like swamp goo. It also turns your hands into mud, and is hard to wash off, but the toothpaste-as-soap trick really works. From using tanners/moisturizers, i kind of forgot to moisturize my body before using it the first time, and it was hard to blend on my back and arms but it still worked out lovely and was streak free. Come to think of it, my body has been perfectly tanned for 4 days, and i've only touched it up once on my legs using 2/3 moisturizer and 1/3 of the selftan. It's not too expensive for me because i live in Canada, but $27+tax is still a bit pricey. At least it doesnt require constant reapplication which is such a PAIN in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE best self tanner I have EVER used. I am a PPP and most self tanners turn me orange (regardless of whether its HE or LE brands) and this one turned me just a gorgeous sun kissed look without the horrid stench of rotten curry (I find most ST stink like that). It doesnt streak, stink or wear off easily. I just wish the price wasn't outrageous ($24 CAN). I WILL buy again though cus its such a beautiful colour on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by TerriRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 2 in 1 Sunsation self tanner in Deep Dark, product made in Canada purchased at Shopper's Drug Mart. This is the first self tanner I have ever tried and I really like this product! The color is pretty accurate (I am half asian half white, tan easily to a deep brown colour) more of on the yellowy brown side rather than a natural red brown tan from the sun. However, the color is pretty natural for a self tanner and worth it since I decided that I want to avoid wrinkles and ageing skin (Im turning 30 this year). Application was very easy, work fast since the product dries fast, and will stain your hands if you dont use gloves, but I just took the advice of another reviewer on here and used toothpaste to wash it off and that works really well! I really like this product and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bella16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let me say I just ordered this product on the basis of all the great reviews here, so I have not yet had a chance to use or evaluate it. (I went ahead and rated it in the middle, so as not to skew the numbers one way or the other). But I'm writing just to say that I found another website that offers it for a far cheaper shipping price than the one mentioned in another review. You can get it @ www.getcanadiandrugs.com for just $6.99 shipping. Compared to the obscene $15.98 the other website wanted, this seemed like a real bargain. (And the product price was almost exactly the same, though actually cheaper on the getcanadiandrugs.com site as well by, I think, 50 cents or so.) Anyway, for those interested who were put off by that pretty outrageous shipping, (I count myself among them), this may be a better way to go. Will update once I've received the product and had a chance to try it out.

UPDATE - Received quickly (far quicker than I anticipated), and finally have had a chance to try it out. Agree with the other rave reviews here -- this is great stuff! It looks completely natural, no streaks, and isn't even all that hard to get off your hands - some soap and a just a little toothpaste easily does the trick as long as you do it right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 7:56:00 AM More reviews by netmom1

Love this product!! It's made by Neostrata Canada which is a different company than the one we can buy here in the US. This is one of the few that doesn't turn me orange. It also dries fast and isn't at all streaky - what more can I ask for? Must visit the Canadian relatives and pick up some more soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 5:32:00 AM More reviews by becccs

hello I would really love to get this product but I don't know where to buy it through just mail order/postal giro or something cause I own no creditcard and I live in Sweden. Someone who could help me with this? Mail me becccs@gmail.com

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by annp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy moly! I've found my HG of self tanners. I've tried everything on the market, and all price points. I was using Savage Bronze's self tanner from Sally Beauty supply, but this Neostrata kicks a**. I ordered it from Canada, which seems to be the only place it's available. I got both the natural and the dark formulation but have only tried the natural one so far. I don't have any, ANY complaints at all with this product! It's a self tanner and bronzer in one so you can even apply it in the daytime. It came out looking like Hershey's chocolate syrup and applied easily with my latex gloves. It has a somewhat pleasant smell as well, kind of almondy and the best part was, no self tanner smell!
A couple of hours later, I had a really nice, natural looking tan and it's still on even after showering. I scrub my body almost every day and this tan is 3 days strong! Amazing! If you've got pasty pale skin and are a sun-a-phobe like me, run out and get this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by deserthot

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best self-tanner I have ever used. I have used almost everything on the market. I read all the info on Make-up Alley and thought I would give it a try. You have to order from Canada. The self-tanner isn't expensive $21.98 but the shipping was $7.00. It goes on easy but you need to wear latex gloves. A little goes a long way. The color is beautiful and the smell isn't bad. Thank you Make-up Alley for all the good information on Neostrata 2 in 1 Sunsation. I got it in DARK like I said a little goes a long way.

I have more information for you. If you go to customerservice@getcandiandrugs.com and tell them you have a price match from pharmacy.com at 21.99. They will match it and you can order as many as you want for one shipping cost at 6.99. I hope this helps. I don't know what the shipping is at pharmacy.com.