August 2, 2014 | 1260 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i think this is the best liquid foundation ever! it doesn't break me out and i love the coverage it gives me (medium coverage but i think you could build it up) and it looks very natural and pretty on the skin. it does seem as though there is very little product but it lasts a very long time. i do wish they could change the packaging and give it a pump so its easier to use. i will definitely will be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I was sooo happy 3 days ago when I got this as a sample and discovered that I LOVED the finish!! It's really thin, yes, but oh this really evens out uneven skin with enlarged pores and scars.... No, It's not full cover, more light....but still I'd be ready to buy it.....

if not....

...it seems to break me out???!!! Now I have wore this on the nose and chins, that usually are quite acne-free areas on my face, for 3 days. Today I discovered new small red bumps on my nose, and a HUGE cyst starting to grow under the skin on one of my chins, beside the nose. I never, ever get such "under-the-skin-cysts" on this area, so I'm really, really surprised!!

Well, it could be stress, lack of sleep, something I've eaten.... But...It's strange.... I know that I can react to silicones in products, and yes...this contains LOADS of them.....

I don't know what to do now, I was on my way to buy this.... But now ill have to heal the cyst and the new pimples..... :(

I think ill have to search for a silicone-free foundation, and how common is that?? :(

Still, I have to say I loved the finish of this product....

I'm NW15/NC15, and tried this in Alabaster, nr 27. This shade is beautiful....but just a little more to pink than yellow...but really beautiful!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by hellomorning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best liquid foundation ever (for me)!! I used this foundation in my graduation day, and I was amazed cuz it doesn't make my skin cakey until the end of the day. Since it's no SPF, my face looks great on photo (no whitecast). My skin is normal to oily (combination), and this foundation doesn't make my face looks matte, but a lil' bit dewy which I LOVE it!! Anyway, I become curious with another Clinique's product!

Ps: I used smashbox photo finish hydrating as a prime.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used in a long time. I have fairly good skin (the odd pimple every now and again and a few dry flakes on my nose) so most foundations look good on me. However, thats all... just good. Nothing that makes me stop and go WOW! This is the first foundation that has actually impressed me and made me want to look in the mirror over and over again. The texture is nice and creamy and its easy to blend. I apply it with the Clinique foundation brush and it goes on like a dream. The effect with a sponge is not as good (patchy). I also think this foundation looks better when applied to a well moisturised face. When I initially applied it following DDML it just didnt look as flawless or "healthy" as when I applied it following moisture surge intense (makes for a good primer). The coverage is medium but I think it is buildable to full coverage, but I do think if you have problem skin or more blemishes to cover you may need a concealer or a good primer/BB cream before applying this foundation. The staying power is great. It does fade ever so slightly after a few hours but I still looked "made up." Again, I have normal skin so the fade is not detrimental to me. Others may be unhappy if their blemishes became apparent after a few hours. On average I would say the staying power is about 6 hours plus, depending on what you are doing and weather conditions. I finished the look with the Super balance mineral powder which may have contributed to the staying power. I think the powder just adds to the overall flawless/finished look. The best thing about this foundation is that it feels like you are wearing no make up, it is not heavy and does not make my skin feel dry or tight. My husband is a huge fan of white tshirts so I am pleased to say that this foundation does not rub off! To be honest I do not know if oily skins will like this but the creamy/dewy texture coupled with a good moisturiser is perfect for normal to dry skins. I have never really needed a pimer but I can not wait to try this foundation with a good primer because I think the finish will be spectacular! Overall, this is a good foundation for everyday use or the occasional night out. I think if you are looking for more dramatics and super long staying power then this is not the right product. With that said I also think with the right 'tools' and added products, this foundation can become anything you want it to be so I will keep experimenting!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this foundation but I have Irish fair skin and the colour 27 alabaster is slightly too dark. It gives the lighter end of medium in terms of coverage and can melt off my oily skin even when primed under and powered over. Not sure I'd repurchase as for a high end foundation it didn't do much for me and the no pump glass bottle looks great but is an annoyance.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Shaimal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It goes on nicely on the skin. I was the lightest shade-Alabaster. I found that it only lasted on my skin for maximum 3 hours, and then it looked like I had nothing on my skin. I was quite disappointed because obviously when you buy a foundation, you want it to last and cover up your skin. It also made my t-zone shiny and dewy which is not a good look, and I have quite dry skin which really put me off. I really dislike it, definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by heytherenicole

I love this foundation. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I'm quite fair in the winter-time on top of it, so it's very hard for me to find a foundation that matches nicely. I think in this foundation I am the lightest one, Breeze? Will edit if this is incorrect.

On a trip to Sephora, the girl matching me suggested I try this foundation, and I immediately fell in love. The texture is almost gel-like, the smell is actually quite nice, and the packaging isn't too shabby, either, though I wish it had a pump instead of a pore opening.

This stuff lasts me pretty well all day, though I do have to blot once or twice throughout the day because of how oily my skin gets. When I wear this foundation, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any at all, and this stuff will last you quite a while (purchased in February--it's still going strong, and I use nearly every day), so I can definitely justify the price! (approx $28 CAN, I believe).

So, overall, nice texture, lasts me throughout my day, DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT (which is a big plus!!), and matches my skin beautifully. I will definitely be repurchasing until it is discontinued or until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a foundation that matches perfectly my skin tone and has little or no SPF because every single foundation I have make me look like a ghost in photos.
What I like about this foundation is that it is lightweight and blends well on my skin. It has natural finishing, and the color matches well my skin tone. I am very fair, and it's difficult to find foundations for me in China.
The coverage, however, is not very good, it's sheer, and the bottle is not convenient.
I would repurchase it because my skin looks health in photos and the price in china is lower than other good brands.
Perhaps if the coverage was better I would be 100% with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I love this foundation! It is the first foundation that is the best match for my skin! My skin could be classified as 'normal' except that I get shine on the sides of my nose and a little bit on my forehead, I hate it and it shows up especially on pictures. Nowadays I keep having to reapply mattifying powder in order to get rid of it. I don't get any shine with superbalanced and it seems to just fit like a second skin-literally! It doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup yet I have perfectly-toned glowing skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lucky85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my fav foundations. I use to use Prescriptives Flawless Skin and once that was pulled off the shelves I had a hard time to replace it. I have combination skin and decided to try Superbalance. I find that it prevents my face from becoming extremely oily looking. Its a true medium coverage foundation thats very blendable and sets in looking smooth. Also it holds up with all day wear without the need for re-application. The only downfall is that there is no SPF. All in all a great foundation at a great price point.