Jurlique Silk Dust

4.4

Zea mays (corn starch), oryza sativa (rice) starch, silica, fragrance (parfum)*, linalool*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, arnica montana flower extract, iris florentina (orris) root extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, bellis perennis (daisy) flower extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, prunella vulgaris (self heal) flower extract, spilanthes acmella flower extract, lauroyl lysine; glycerin, aqua (water), alcohol, cinnamyl alcohol*, citral*, eugenol*, coumarin*, geraniol*, benzyl benzoate*, citronellol* and limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil (lavender - lavandula angustifolia and rose - rosa damascena)

on 10/21/2007 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eu comprei o rose silk e estou satisfeita. O cheiro muito bom e logo que coloco ele a minha pele, que muito oleosa, fica matificada. Acho que falta na embalagem uma esponja para aplicar.

Got this in Lavender..love the smooth, finely miilled quality. Gives an ethereal glow to my oily skin. Revel in a polished, porcelain finish that never looks over-matte or cakey.Has never made my acne-prone skin break out.

It's an aromatic experience wearing this divine-scented powder that never reeks of old-lady perfume, just a heady, clean fresh scent. or maybe i love lavendah too much.

I LOVE it

on 8/22/2007 8:31:00 AM

This is my favorite loose powder.

i didn't think i would buy the same product. I usually don't. I don't even finish and I tend to try different ones. (I used to have NARS loose powder and lancome one but I didn't finish either of them.) I have rose silk dust which smells great! I love rose scent. This is a white powder but it goes translucent on the skin. In summer after putting on sunscreen on the face and the neck I apply this loose powder on the face and also the neck and I don't feel greasy. Lasts long, I don't need to touch up my makeup.

on 8/14/2007 9:06:00 AM

I kept hearing about silk dust and I have to say that it is THAT good. I love how soft it is, and it gives my skin a nice glow and porcelain finish. During the day I use my fingers to pat some on my t-zone and it kills shine and mattifies my skin. It is the best mid day touch up! The only complaint I have is that anytime I open it, I somehow end up with powder all over my sink/purse/clothes, but it dusts off easily and at least it smells like lavender. :)

on 7/30/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the effect of this stuff - great for days when you couldnt be bothered using foundation. Evens out skin tone and creates a subtle matte finish without being too much. But I've been using the Rose Dust and the scent is too cloying (mind you I can't complain too much because I won it for AUD 0.99 on EB). I might try Lavender because the product itself is great. Oh, dont be put off by the look of it which is a bit daunting since its bright white. You'll still look like you - not a freaked out Geisha!

on 5/5/2007 7:53:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. I'm not very impressed with it. It seems to do the job in the morning. A few hours later, my face will begin to be shiny again. It doesn't break me out. I like the rose smell though.

I will not repurchase.

on 4/18/2007 6:37:00 AM

i have combination skin with oily t-zone, i have the lavender silk dust for more than 1 year, i like it in summer but it leaves my skin a bit too dry in winter, so i don't use it very often. i preferred blotting paper when my t-zone starts to get a bit oily.

I used it when i was in Hong Kong last summer, it's terrific given the weather there was hot and humid. but it's not the case here in Western Australia.

on 2/25/2007 8:04:00 AM

I bought the Rose silk dust, which smells great! Unfortunatly it didn't work for me - it made my skin too dry when I applied it, even over moisturiser. It did take shine away for a couple of hours (which is no better than other powders I've used), however then shine returned with a vengence! And to top it all off, it also broke me out - I know it's this that caused it, as I only applied it to my t-zone, and only got spots there (I've not had pimples in a very long time before this!). Oh well...another one bites the dust!

on 1/10/2007 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I owned this a while ago and really wanted it to work for me. I'm quite pale so to find a really light powder was great. Unfortunately this went on extremely heavy, it looked so cakey and there's even some glitter in the powder which is not really the look I was wanting. What a disappointment!

on 12/10/2006 2:10:00 AM

I was scared to buy this powder as it is pure white. Once i tested it though, i couldn't get to the register fast enough.

This powder is amazing. you only need the tiniest amount (too much and you'll look ashy) and it really sets and mattifies makeup. i find it fantastic for touching up in the afternoon if i want my makeup to continue through the night.

it has a lovely texture, but it's not as finely milled as other beauty powders, and the scent is also lovely (i have lavender). the price here in Aus is also good value - AU$25, but you use so little that it will last for a long time.

Recommended for Normal Skin