December 20, 2014 | 1339 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Silk Dust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by luharujo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eu comprei o rose silk e estou satisfeita. O cheiro muito bom e logo que coloco ele a minha pele, que muito oleosa, fica matificada. Acho que falta na embalagem uma esponja para aplicar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 2:45:00 AM More reviews by gingerschnapps

Got this in Lavender..love the smooth, finely miilled quality. Gives an ethereal glow to my oily skin. Revel in a polished, porcelain finish that never looks over-matte or cakey.Has never made my acne-prone skin break out.

It's an aromatic experience wearing this divine-scented powder that never reeks of old-lady perfume, just a heady, clean fresh scent. or maybe i love lavendah too much.

I LOVE it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2007 8:31:00 AM More reviews by kedi

This is my favorite loose powder.

i didn't think i would buy the same product. I usually don't. I don't even finish and I tend to try different ones. (I used to have NARS loose powder and lancome one but I didn't finish either of them.) I have rose silk dust which smells great! I love rose scent. This is a white powder but it goes translucent on the skin. In summer after putting on sunscreen on the face and the neck I apply this loose powder on the face and also the neck and I don't feel greasy. Lasts long, I don't need to touch up my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jesselux

I kept hearing about silk dust and I have to say that it is THAT good. I love how soft it is, and it gives my skin a nice glow and porcelain finish. During the day I use my fingers to pat some on my t-zone and it kills shine and mattifies my skin. It is the best mid day touch up! The only complaint I have is that anytime I open it, I somehow end up with powder all over my sink/purse/clothes, but it dusts off easily and at least it smells like lavender. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by eurydice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the effect of this stuff - great for days when you couldnt be bothered using foundation. Evens out skin tone and creates a subtle matte finish without being too much. But I've been using the Rose Dust and the scent is too cloying (mind you I can't complain too much because I won it for AUD 0.99 on EB). I might try Lavender because the product itself is great. Oh, dont be put off by the look of it which is a bit daunting since its bright white. You'll still look like you - not a freaked out Geisha!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2007 7:53:00 AM More reviews by CottonS

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. I'm not very impressed with it. It seems to do the job in the morning. A few hours later, my face will begin to be shiny again. It doesn't break me out. I like the rose smell though.

I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by tluic

i have combination skin with oily t-zone, i have the lavender silk dust for more than 1 year, i like it in summer but it leaves my skin a bit too dry in winter, so i don't use it very often. i preferred blotting paper when my t-zone starts to get a bit oily.

I used it when i was in Hong Kong last summer, it's terrific given the weather there was hot and humid. but it's not the case here in Western Australia.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 8:04:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Rose silk dust, which smells great! Unfortunatly it didn't work for me - it made my skin too dry when I applied it, even over moisturiser. It did take shine away for a couple of hours (which is no better than other powders I've used), however then shine returned with a vengence! And to top it all off, it also broke me out - I know it's this that caused it, as I only applied it to my t-zone, and only got spots there (I've not had pimples in a very long time before this!). Oh well...another one bites the dust!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Crystalyze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I owned this a while ago and really wanted it to work for me. I'm quite pale so to find a really light powder was great. Unfortunately this went on extremely heavy, it looked so cakey and there's even some glitter in the powder which is not really the look I was wanting. What a disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by redambition

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was scared to buy this powder as it is pure white. Once i tested it though, i couldn't get to the register fast enough.

This powder is amazing. you only need the tiniest amount (too much and you'll look ashy) and it really sets and mattifies makeup. i find it fantastic for touching up in the afternoon if i want my makeup to continue through the night.

it has a lovely texture, but it's not as finely milled as other beauty powders, and the scent is also lovely (i have lavender). the price here in Aus is also good value - AU$25, but you use so little that it will last for a long time.