September 19, 2014 | 1851 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Facial Cleansing Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by chvelarde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my staple. It's cheaper than pretty much anything else on the market and does its job. Non-irritating, no residue, no nonsense. No dramatic skin changes, either, but at least it gets all the junk out. I keep trying other products and I keep coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by BeniLacha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this bar because it have less chemical than the liquid one, i guess it kinda have bad view because it is bar not liquid. but i dont really see the difference because it works great!
i'm 15.. and i tried a lot of other cleanser before and then my aunt show me this bar, and i love it =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by meowfish97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this soap for 15 plus years. I sometimes stray, because I think of course more expensive must mean better results. Well, I tend to finish the expensive stuff, not impressed and go back to my bar. It cleans my skin beautifully, does not make me break out, and is very inexpensive. It does dissolve fast, so I make sure I leave it somewhere it won't be in constant contact with water, and can dry out between uses. In the summer I use it twice a day, but in the winter I will only us it once a day, usually at night, because it can cause your skin to dry out. I just adore this bar, and I guess my nose is immune to the stink now, because I don't really notice it, but I do remember it being off putting when I first tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this to cleanse my oily skin since I was 13, and I am now 35 and still using it! My derm recommended it years ago, and it has worked awesome for my skin. Removes oil and makeup without over drying, and doesn't cause breakouts. Because it "melts" easily, I keep it in a soap dish in my freezer to get the most out of it so it doesn't dissolve quickly, especially in summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lollipop2492

I bought this product based on the reviews of the acne prone cleansing bar but could only find the original formula at target. It was so cheap like 3 bars for a few bucks. I must say it takes of makeup amazingly. As soon as the bar touched my face I saw makeup coming off. The smell is definitly disgusting- that's the only downside. But if you can work past the smell then it's a great product. I've only used this once but sl far I am impressed. Hopefully it doesn't break me out. Will repurchase buy probably in the acne form. Definitly worth a try for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Yuk!!! This smells awful, like milk that's beginning to go off. It leaves a filmy residue that is incredibly difficult to wash off and it turns to mush really quickly. I was going to use it to handwash clothes with but decided to bin it instead. Back to Pears soap I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by GadoGado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The positives of this product are that it's cheap and doesn't irritate sensitive skin.

It is, however, drying and doesn't smell great. I also found that I would get mild rashes at my hairline whereever I didn't rinse away all of the soap residue. I pass over all bar soaps now because of this - they tend to be more difficult to rinse away completely without using exorbitant amounts of water.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this soap as part of my daily cleansing routine ever since I started getting compliments of my skin when I first started using it.

I have extremely oily skin that tends to get tight and dry simultaneously; Sounds weird but it's possible. I have dry sking coated with oil.

This soap has been my aid in this problem for the most part and it works its magic best during the winter months when my skin is gettin it's most dry.

I canít stress enough that this simple glycerin formula has kept my skin smooth, cleansed and hydrated without over activating my oil glands.

I pick out the non-fragrance version; and it smells well.. like glycerine soaps.

I preffer this over anyother cleanser. works well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by honeyandsweets

My biggest peeve about this product would definitely have to be the smell. The only way to describe it is wet dog mixed with baby spit up, or maybe a vanilla latte gone sour. For me, this factor was big enough to knock off two lippes- I literally had to breathe through my mouth only when using this, the smell was so horrible to me. All that aside, this is a pretty good basic cleaner- I think just a solidified version or their liquid cleanser. The packaging doesn't really make sense to me either, just because it seems like a bar would be more prone to germs and bacteria than a liquid that's sealed in a bottle. It is cheaper than the liquid form, though, and might last longer, so if you're pinching pennies right now I might suggest this as a good alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by chloechan88

I have used the one for acne-prone skin, the original one and the one with fragrance. I really love all theses bars and the original one is my favorite! I used to spend $20-$30 on my cleansers, since I always believed that cleansers are the key products to keep my skin healthy. When I first used this cleansing bar, I found that I was totally an idiot! I couldn't believe that I had spent $26 on a wash powder while a $3 cleansing could give me the same result! I just got 3 for about $4.50 @ Target this afternoon and I was exited! Definitely keep using it!