Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Triethanolamine, TEA Stearate, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin, Water Purified, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Ricinoleate, TEA Oleate, Cocamide DEA, Fragrance, Tocopherol

on 1/4/2011 12:54:00 PM

I like this. It takes off my makeup remover residue quite well, and it is so cheap. The only downfall is that it is a really soft bar. The smell isn't so bad, I quickly got over it. Definitely does not dry my combination skin either.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I just started using it today. Yes, initially I did notice the weird smell, but it didnt totally bother me. I have no problem w it, except that it did dry out my face about my t-zone. I always have an issue with cleaners bc of this. I just quickly moisturized my face.

on 12/22/2010 12:37:00 PM

I love this soap!!

I have combo skin with random small breakouts and I am an AVID searcher of the best of the best products. I have used everything from Dermalogica to La Mer.

While I love Dermalogica's special cleansing gel, it just doesn't cut it so a friend of mine recommended this soap and I'm hooked. The smell is whatever, I don't even notice it. I store it in a plastic soap dish and I do not put it under running water. I use a little beauty scrubber sponge ($5.00 for a pack of like 20 so I toss them every month or so) and I just wet the sponge and run it across the soap and later up on my face. Cleaning and exfoliating in one! I use this bar soap only at night to remove makeup. I follow up with a scrub with salicylic acid and a nighttime moisturizer and eye cream. In the morning I use a gentle liquid cleanser.

I love this soap, I have very dry skin so alot of face washes dry my skin out, this doesnt at all and I love the squeaky clean feeling. I dont know why so many people say it smells bad, it smells like soap should smell which is good for you because it means it doesnt have alot of fragrances that will break you out, I guess like anything else it could have some ingredents that bother people but not me and I have sensitve skin.for ance prone skin you might need something stronger because I can see how this might not be strong enough to help with that. I will be buying this again and again

on 11/7/2010 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this to try something different but never got to actually try it. The smell was too awful. I am not even particularly sensitive to smells but this soap actually kept me out of my bathroom until my BF threw it out for me. It sounds melodramatic, I know, but something about this bar really triggered my gag reflex. I can still smell it in my memory... ugh. I would not use this on my face due to the smell alone. So buyers, be aware that this stuff has a very unpleasant smell. I had NO idea when I bought it.

on 10/7/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I used this as a teenager but could never stay in any kind of routine but now that I'm an adult I use it every day! I've used lots of cleansers but my face would become oily just a short while after cleansing. Using any kind of skincare routine with my oily skin just compounded the problem and it would literally feel like my skin was suffocating. Yes, it doesn't have a great smell but they do have a fragrance free formulation. I admit that my face does feel a little tight afterwards and before that meant that an oil slick was imminent. Surprisingly my face stays oil free for quite a while. When it does start, and if I'm wearing makeup, it makes my skin glow. I took off one lippie because sometimes it can be hard to rinse and I've had more than enough of my eyes burning.

on 8/29/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had small white pimples on my forehead and after doing some investigating I learned to stay away from cleansers with lanolin or sulfate (can;t remember which one at the moment) so I bought this since it didn't have either. After a few days most of them have cleared up and my face hasn't broken out any worst. The only bad thing is the smell. I keep mine on the bathtub railing since it says to keep away from direct water so I don't have to smell it except when it gets on my face. I use a Merle Norman face brush to clean that I love also!!

on 8/20/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This actually should not be my own review it should be my cousins. I bought this for him when he was suffering from breakouts/ It worked great I assume coz he wanted more of it. Perhaps I will myself give it a try sometime soon since I too have horrible acne but maybe I will prefer not a bar kinda soap cleanser.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am allergic to this! terrible hives came after using this. yuck.

on 7/13/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

You can't go wrong with this cleanser. I recently started getting hormonal outbreaks of cystic acne, and I tried just about every acne-fighting cleanser available to get rid of them. Nothing helped except for this soap, which removes every trace of makeup but doesn't irritate my dry, sensitive skin. I also love that it has much fewer ingredients and chemicals than most liquid formulas but is still so effective. And it's sooo cheap--you can sometimes find packs of 3 for $5 or less. Definitely my HG cleanser!