Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

on 1/20/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This is just like an expensive lotion for your skin. Don't waste your money.

on 1/15/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guys don't confuse the auto pilot primer to the NP Set primer.

on 1/10/2010 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Feels nice by itself but it took my awhile (try 4 bottles later!) to realise that it was the primer that was making my skin really oily. I kept putting on powder to soak up the oil but that was a huge mistake!

I now use Australis Primer and it's lovely and about 1/3 of the cost with no silicone.

on 12/17/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture is creamy and light. It feels wonderful on the skin but as a moisturizer! It is not a primer! It absolutely does nothing to the longevity or any other make-up related results. It does have Vit-E though. At $40, it is one expensive moisturizer. It's probably best for those with dry skin as it does let the makeup glide nicely (the only pro); however, you can use a much cheaper moisturizer that does the same thing.

on 11/28/2009 8:40:00 PM

This product is lightweight in texture, but not much of a primer. It didn't make my makeup last longer, and it made my skin a little oily by afternoon.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got a sample of this at the NP counter so I can't comment on the packaging or the price, but i can comment on the actual primer.
Didn't do anything noticeable to my skin at all. It felt nice on, so i didn't give it a 1, but my foundation looked pretty much the same with or without Auto Pilot.

Do not want.

on 10/13/2009 2:50:00 AM

I agree with most reviewers.... It feels good on application, and I actually quite like the smell of it. but that's all. My liquid make up seems to 'float' on top of it, giving my skin the oily oil.

on 10/9/2009 8:56:00 PM

This product isn't prefect, but it isn't exactly awful either. It did smooth out some of my fine lines and pores, and it gave my foundation a natural finish. However, it did make my skin look rather shiny.

on 9/22/2009 9:48:00 PM

is a very moisturising product, tube has lasted forever and nice to wear, haven't noiced that my makeup stays on longer, and think any moisturiser can do this, considering the price will not be repurchasing.

on 8/17/2009 5:33:00 AM

A friend of mine uses this so I decided to buy some and try it out. I then read the reviews on this site and was wondering if I may have wasted my money. I have combination skin that will become oily quickly so I was a bit worried. However, I applied it the way the assistant advised, which was with a foundation brush and thankfully, I have had no trouble with oil and my foundation has stayed on all day. I have been using it for a week now and no breakouts either. Perhaps the foundation brush makes the difference? It works well with either liquid or mineral powder foundation too, so overall I can say I am happy and somewhat relieved!

Popular Primer/ Correctors