Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

I've been using this primer for about a year (only when I go out for parties/drinking so the tube has lasted forever), it was my first primer so I didn't really have anything to compare it to. It certainly helps my makeup stay on longer, but doesn't do much to smooth out pores or fine lines--BTW I always let it sink in for 10 minutes before I apply my foundations.

It seems to irritate my skin a little bit as well, as well as break me out if I use it more than a couple times a week. I'll be in the market for a new one when this runs out.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Very nice primer. Makes your skin feel moist and healthy. Makeup lasts longer and does not sink into my pores. I have very dry skin and this primer allows the makeup to sit on top of my skin rather than in the pores. Good stuff!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This is just like an expensive lotion for your skin. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guys don't confuse the auto pilot primer to the NP Set primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Feels nice by itself but it took my awhile (try 4 bottles later!) to realise that it was the primer that was making my skin really oily. I kept putting on powder to soak up the oil but that was a huge mistake!

I now use Australis Primer and it's lovely and about 1/3 of the cost with no silicone.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture is creamy and light. It feels wonderful on the skin but as a moisturizer! It is not a primer! It absolutely does nothing to the longevity or any other make-up related results. It does have Vit-E though. At $40, it is one expensive moisturizer. It's probably best for those with dry skin as it does let the makeup glide nicely (the only pro); however, you can use a much cheaper moisturizer that does the same thing.

This product is lightweight in texture, but not much of a primer. It didn't make my makeup last longer, and it made my skin a little oily by afternoon.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got a sample of this at the NP counter so I can't comment on the packaging or the price, but i can comment on the actual primer.
Didn't do anything noticeable to my skin at all. It felt nice on, so i didn't give it a 1, but my foundation looked pretty much the same with or without Auto Pilot.

Do not want.

I agree with most reviewers.... It feels good on application, and I actually quite like the smell of it. but that's all. My liquid make up seems to 'float' on top of it, giving my skin the oily oil.

This product isn't prefect, but it isn't exactly awful either. It did smooth out some of my fine lines and pores, and it gave my foundation a natural finish. However, it did make my skin look rather shiny.

Popular Primer/ Correctors