December 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Feels nice by itself but it took my awhile (try 4 bottles later!) to realise that it was the primer that was making my skin really oily. I kept putting on powder to soak up the oil but that was a huge mistake!

I now use Australis Primer and it's lovely and about 1/3 of the cost with no silicone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MadiMae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Texture is creamy and light. It feels wonderful on the skin but as a moisturizer! It is not a primer! It absolutely does nothing to the longevity or any other make-up related results. It does have Vit-E though. At $40, it is one expensive moisturizer. It's probably best for those with dry skin as it does let the makeup glide nicely (the only pro); however, you can use a much cheaper moisturizer that does the same thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is lightweight in texture, but not much of a primer. It didn't make my makeup last longer, and it made my skin a little oily by afternoon.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by misskittycharms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this at the NP counter so I can't comment on the packaging or the price, but i can comment on the actual primer.
Didn't do anything noticeable to my skin at all. It felt nice on, so i didn't give it a 1, but my foundation looked pretty much the same with or without Auto Pilot.

Do not want.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by bluey30

I agree with most reviewers.... It feels good on application, and I actually quite like the smell of it. but that's all. My liquid make up seems to 'float' on top of it, giving my skin the oily oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product isn't prefect, but it isn't exactly awful either. It did smooth out some of my fine lines and pores, and it gave my foundation a natural finish. However, it did make my skin look rather shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sproose35

is a very moisturising product, tube has lasted forever and nice to wear, haven't noiced that my makeup stays on longer, and think any moisturiser can do this, considering the price will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by vkd1

A friend of mine uses this so I decided to buy some and try it out. I then read the reviews on this site and was wondering if I may have wasted my money. I have combination skin that will become oily quickly so I was a bit worried. However, I applied it the way the assistant advised, which was with a foundation brush and thankfully, I have had no trouble with oil and my foundation has stayed on all day. I have been using it for a week now and no breakouts either. Perhaps the foundation brush makes the difference? It works well with either liquid or mineral powder foundation too, so overall I can say I am happy and somewhat relieved!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by boyz_toyz_noize

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I got sucked into the reviews of this in a magazine I was reading at the hairdressers not long ago and bought some last week. I have to say that the others are correct in that it is nothing more than a lightweight moisturizer for the skin. I applied it before makeup and then went to work and even though my makeup was still on in the afternoon, my face seemed very shiny. Not that nice flushy type of shine either. It was downright oily shiny. I know it is nothing that blotting paper can't fix but I didn't really have that problem before using the Auto Pilot. I will never purchase again. Big waste of my money. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sugahunni

I ran out of my HG primer (Mac Prep and Prime) and was in a bind, being stuck in a country town and needing a replacement. I managed to get a hold of this Napoleon primer which was decently priced, and looked like it might do the trick.

On application, it glides quite easily across the skin but that's when the magic stops. The primer itself sort of sits on your face looking shiny and sticky and thick, even after applying foundation. Through the night, my face turned more and more pink and more and more shinier. I looked like i had oil dripped on my face.

Since that night, i've given it another two goes but have always ended up with a pink shiny face. On the third go, I reacted very badly and got a huge rash.

I've now thrown it in the bin, 90% full . Just horrible stuff.