April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Napoleon Perdis - Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by bluey30

I agree with most reviewers.... It feels good on application, and I actually quite like the smell of it. but that's all. My liquid make up seems to 'float' on top of it, giving my skin the oily oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product isn't prefect, but it isn't exactly awful either. It did smooth out some of my fine lines and pores, and it gave my foundation a natural finish. However, it did make my skin look rather shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sproose35

is a very moisturising product, tube has lasted forever and nice to wear, haven't noiced that my makeup stays on longer, and think any moisturiser can do this, considering the price will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by vkd1

A friend of mine uses this so I decided to buy some and try it out. I then read the reviews on this site and was wondering if I may have wasted my money. I have combination skin that will become oily quickly so I was a bit worried. However, I applied it the way the assistant advised, which was with a foundation brush and thankfully, I have had no trouble with oil and my foundation has stayed on all day. I have been using it for a week now and no breakouts either. Perhaps the foundation brush makes the difference? It works well with either liquid or mineral powder foundation too, so overall I can say I am happy and somewhat relieved!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by boyz_toyz_noize

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I got sucked into the reviews of this in a magazine I was reading at the hairdressers not long ago and bought some last week. I have to say that the others are correct in that it is nothing more than a lightweight moisturizer for the skin. I applied it before makeup and then went to work and even though my makeup was still on in the afternoon, my face seemed very shiny. Not that nice flushy type of shine either. It was downright oily shiny. I know it is nothing that blotting paper can't fix but I didn't really have that problem before using the Auto Pilot. I will never purchase again. Big waste of my money. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by sugahunni

I ran out of my HG primer (Mac Prep and Prime) and was in a bind, being stuck in a country town and needing a replacement. I managed to get a hold of this Napoleon primer which was decently priced, and looked like it might do the trick.

On application, it glides quite easily across the skin but that's when the magic stops. The primer itself sort of sits on your face looking shiny and sticky and thick, even after applying foundation. Through the night, my face turned more and more pink and more and more shinier. I looked like i had oil dripped on my face.

Since that night, i've given it another two goes but have always ended up with a pink shiny face. On the third go, I reacted very badly and got a huge rash.

I've now thrown it in the bin, 90% full . Just horrible stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for three days. Prior to using this, my skin was clear. I now have not one, not two, but FIVE painful zits on my face. I am not happy and will not be putting this on my face ever again. :( It made my make-up look nice, but didn't notice much in making my makeup last longer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This primer did absolutely nothing for me. It doesn't make my make-up stay on any longer than it does without it. It's very lightweight, but it leaves a slightly sticky residue on the skin. I also think it smells strange, not very nice but it isn't the worst product i've ever smelt. I've used far better primers, this was dissapointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by saramla

I haven't really tried any other primers this was a first for me i bought it a while ago and to be honest only used it when i'm goin out it goes on really nicely smells good too i haven't had any probs with it, and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by renatasydney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Other

Love the smell. Glides on well, don't need much to cover the whole face. Takes a bit of time to absorb. Definitely makes my skin break out. I haven't noticed it making my make-up stay on longer and better, so it's a "nice to have" product. Bought it couple of times previously, but not too sure now.