MAC Powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved

3.7

cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, c-11-12 isoparaffin, polybutene, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, jojoba seed oil, ceresin, ozokerite, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/19/2010 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best black eyeliner out there! First of all - it is soft and creamy, but not too creamy as to smear as you are applying it like the Stila Eye Kajals. If you want to smudge it, it smudges beautifully. If you want a precise line, it will stay all day. This is waterproof so wear it to the beach or the pool! Love love love it!

on 7/19/2010 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Best eyeliner I have tried to date! It does not run, it does not smudge, and it sticks all day! I have gone through many brands trying to find a good, black waterproof eyeliner, and this in my opinion has to be the best! Thumbs up! :)

on 7/8/2010 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is true that the advertising is deceiving, which is why I must give it a rating of 4. I didn't buy this product myself, but was bought for me by my uncle, who is an aspiring make up artist. Otherwise I never would have known this was supposed to be water proof and non smudge-able! It's actually the perfect smudging and blending pencil - completely contrary to it's description.

I love this pencil for the opposite of its advertising. It's great for smoky eyes, as it is smooth and workable. The texture is so incredibly silky that it just glides on for a soft look. It just melts onto your eyes! Unfortunately, it is not a true black. It's more like dark, dark brown or soft black. Judging by other reviews mentioning that it got all over and smeared, I would strongly suggest using this pencil ONLY on your top lid. My uncle told me that as soon as he gave it to me - use it only above the lashes. If you apply this to your waterline or lower lashline, it's going to get everywhere (Yes, I've tried, regardless of what my uncle said). This pencil really should come with a label that says that!

Aside from that, if you are looking for the perfectly smooth and blendable type of pencil liner, this is it. As for waterproof - I don't think so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The eyeliner isn't as dark as I was hoping for. It's smooth and easy to apply. Doesn't smear or smudge. After a couple hours, it kind of starts coming off and looks a little ugly but it still lasts!

on 6/15/2010 5:06:00 PM

Engraved isn't super amazing, admittedly. But it was my first MAC eyeliner, so it holds a flame in my heart. Simply put, it is a waterproof eye pencil. The black pales in comparison to shades considered "blackest black". It dries out easily and can be hard to apply. It isn't as OMFGHORRIBLE as some describe; I apply heavily to my waterline and only saw a bit of damage near my tear duct in terms of smudging. So, in that respect, it isn't terrible. It isn't really that expensive, but it isn't really all that great, is it? We expect MAC to exceed our expectations. Sometimes they don't; they just meet them. Eh. Grab a Revlon Colorstay and call it a day. I often accidentally reach for this instead of Smolder and just use it anyway because I'm lazy. Story of my life.

on 6/6/2010 11:14:00 AM

It's really not a big deal.Just a simple black pencil which doesn't stay much long and cannot be easily used over eyeshadow.And the price??what for? I've found much much better eyepencils,not so expencive and i still was very sutisfied. Also its not as black as other pencils are.
I'm not going to repurchase it.I don't think that the quality it has and result it gives, worth the money.

on 6/1/2010 11:06:00 PM

Nice pigmentation and is very easy to apply as it's creamy and soft, but overall performance is disappointing for the price tag. For $18 I expect that the claims of being waterproof longwearing, won't transfer, smudge, or budge to hold some truth, but sadly it failed. I found within an hour of wear my liner looked like a hot mess on both upper and lower lash lines. I was really surprised by the upper lash line considering I applied the liner after eye primer and shadow so it had product to adhere to. Even applying a little dark eyeshadow over top of the liner to set it provided 2 to 3 hours before the creasing, smearing, and fading transpired. Very sad and won't repurchase.

on 5/22/2010 3:46:00 PM

i am not much of a pencil person,i always prefer eyeliners but a girl always needs a black pencil.it is totally black and very soft,easy to apply.my extra sensetive eyes didnt show and reaction when i used iit n the waterline.and i am surprised that so many people say that it is not longlasting.of course a pencil never can be as trong as an eyeliner but this one definetely stick where you put it.i have extremely oily eyes(no paint pot,tfsi,setting powder etc works on me) and still it stays for hours.i will run to buy it again when necessary

on 5/10/2010 12:45:00 PM

i love this eyeliner. its the best that ive found so far. its extremely dark, which is what i like. it stays on pretty long too. i use it on top of my eye though, so i cant say if it lasts on the bottom. this is a great eyeliner for people who like the dark, dramatic look.

I hadn't used this pencil in a while, and in an attempt to assess my makeup collection I pulled this one out. It is very creamy to apply, smudges well, and adheres well to the water line. The color is certainly black enough for me, though some think it isn't. The problem for me was when I looked in the mirror several hours later. I had eyeliner in the creases of my eyes and built up in the inner and outer corners. Yikes! And of course I noticed when I was out at a store. I had this liner on for about 5 hours when I noticed the smearing, and I was wearing a primer. It did however stay pretty well on my waterline. I plan to test my other power points (which I also haven't used in a while) to see if they are also going in the trash.

Top Rated MAC Products