April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint eye pencil in Engraved

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by nicolejonasrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The eyeliner isn't as dark as I was hoping for. It's smooth and easy to apply. Doesn't smear or smudge. After a couple hours, it kind of starts coming off and looks a little ugly but it still lasts!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Engraved isn't super amazing, admittedly. But it was my first MAC eyeliner, so it holds a flame in my heart. Simply put, it is a waterproof eye pencil. The black pales in comparison to shades considered "blackest black". It dries out easily and can be hard to apply. It isn't as OMFGHORRIBLE as some describe; I apply heavily to my waterline and only saw a bit of damage near my tear duct in terms of smudging. So, in that respect, it isn't terrible. It isn't really that expensive, but it isn't really all that great, is it? We expect MAC to exceed our expectations. Sometimes they don't; they just meet them. Eh. Grab a Revlon Colorstay and call it a day. I often accidentally reach for this instead of Smolder and just use it anyway because I'm lazy. Story of my life.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mimie

It's really not a big deal.Just a simple black pencil which doesn't stay much long and cannot be easily used over eyeshadow.And the price??what for? I've found much much better eyepencils,not so expencive and i still was very sutisfied. Also its not as black as other pencils are.
I'm not going to repurchase it.I don't think that the quality it has and result it gives, worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice pigmentation and is very easy to apply as it's creamy and soft, but overall performance is disappointing for the price tag. For $18 I expect that the claims of being waterproof longwearing, won't transfer, smudge, or budge to hold some truth, but sadly it failed. I found within an hour of wear my liner looked like a hot mess on both upper and lower lash lines. I was really surprised by the upper lash line considering I applied the liner after eye primer and shadow so it had product to adhere to. Even applying a little dark eyeshadow over top of the liner to set it provided 2 to 3 hours before the creasing, smearing, and fading transpired. Very sad and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am not much of a pencil person,i always prefer eyeliners but a girl always needs a black pencil.it is totally black and very soft,easy to apply.my extra sensetive eyes didnt show and reaction when i used iit n the waterline.and i am surprised that so many people say that it is not longlasting.of course a pencil never can be as trong as an eyeliner but this one definetely stick where you put it.i have extremely oily eyes(no paint pot,tfsi,setting powder etc works on me) and still it stays for hours.i will run to buy it again when necessary

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by briii

i love this eyeliner. its the best that ive found so far. its extremely dark, which is what i like. it stays on pretty long too. i use it on top of my eye though, so i cant say if it lasts on the bottom. this is a great eyeliner for people who like the dark, dramatic look.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I hadn't used this pencil in a while, and in an attempt to assess my makeup collection I pulled this one out. It is very creamy to apply, smudges well, and adheres well to the water line. The color is certainly black enough for me, though some think it isn't. The problem for me was when I looked in the mirror several hours later. I had eyeliner in the creases of my eyes and built up in the inner and outer corners. Yikes! And of course I noticed when I was out at a store. I had this liner on for about 5 hours when I noticed the smearing, and I was wearing a primer. It did however stay pretty well on my waterline. I plan to test my other power points (which I also haven't used in a while) to see if they are also going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by gopurple1602

I have always been on the lookout for the best black eyeliner. Most eyeliners smudge on me after a few minutes of application and the humid weather doesn't really help at all. I noticed the difference the first time I used this, the eyeliner was super-creamy I didn't have to pull my lids just to draw a precise line. Without AC, my eyes did not look like a raccoon's after a few minutes, in fact the color was still true even if I stayed out of the AC for a full hour. I was happy to see how it stayed put the entire day, smiling at my reflection whenever I get a glimpse. When I got home though, I noticed a little smudging on my lower lash line. It's not as bad as what I used to get with drugstore-purchased liners though. Far from it. By the way, you need a good eye makeup remover for this co'z it definitely stays on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by scoobydoles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner! Nothing else stays like this liner & doesn't irritate my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I bought this as an alternative to a black liquid liner hoping that it wouldn't smudge but give me the security of a pencil liner.
This liner doesn't really have the wearability or the water resistance like what the MAC sales girl told me but I do concede that the colour pigmentation is amazing and one application is even for it to show.
I found that this liner does smudge like a kohl liner so if you are hoping for a precision liner just go to the MAC liquid liners which are fantastic.