April 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely wonderful concealer! It covers dark circles perfectly! I often work unexpected over-night shifts with my IT job, and this hides the dark-cicle effects!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by mushumel

The Cinema Secrets Foundation Palettes are my go-to product for any type of makeup I do for women. I'm a makeup artist and this foundation is so beautiful on the skin, has great application, enables you to have that "dewy" look if you don't powder it and comes in a great range of colors. It is buildable as a concealer, but a light application with a damp sponge is great for everyday wear. On camera it comes off beautifully and can be stippled on with a sponge for greater coverage. There's silicone (dimethicone) in this formulation which gives it a very nice application and a silky texture. You'll find silicone in all the new HD foundations, but this one at a fraction of the price does the same job! I've tried many liquid, cake, stick foundations in many price points and cosmetics lines, but this is my favoriate all-around product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jlawson12905

I love this stuff! I have been using it for a few years as a daily concealer and special occasion foundation and it's the best I've found. I thinks it's a bit too heavy for a regular day time foundation, but when you want to look flawless Cinema Secrets will be your best friend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Have been using these quite awhile. Love the compact packaging. i use kit # 2 for under eyes and Kit 3 and 5 as foundations. They are creamy has good coverage. May need to be set properly especially if you live in a humid country. Overall, it performs well and looks soooo good on print.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Kristal2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for almost two years now, after a friend's bridal party got it from a makeup studio.
I have very dry skin with no blemishes. I use a triangle sponge to apply it, but spray Avene thermal water on the sponge before dabbing the sponge in the pot and again after. It covers very nicely and gets rid of red splotches. It goes over moisturizer very well too (I use Alba aloe oil free moisturizer) and stays on for the better part of the day. Sometimes towards the end of the day my nose can look a bit flakey but that's because of my dry skin. I could see someone not liking it if their skin is too oily.
It is expensive but my three pots have each lasted six or more months. Will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BombshellBetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another fail for me. I am going to say this type of grease paint product and my skin just aren't a good match, even with a primer under it. I found it highlighted every flake, line, and pore in a most unattractive way. I honestly look better with no make-up than with this on. I know this sounds odd, but it is as if used as a foundation, this is both greasy & drying at the same time.

I got the *exact* same results from (the less costly) Max Factor Pan Stick, so if this works for you, you would probably like the pan stick as well.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Tbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high expectations for this product, but I am disappointed it didn't work out. Since it has heavy pigments, I was able to build heavier coverage on spots that needed extra help (i.e dark circle, eczema breakouts, redness around nose) but it is creamy enough that I can blend for the rest of face for lighter coverage. (Especially if I used sponge or foundation brush saturated with Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray)

That being said, I had two major problems with this product. The first is lack of color match. 301-63A was too dark, and while 601-18 had the neutral undertone I needed, it was about half a shade to a shade too light. 602-65 was too yellow and dark as well. Another problem was it clogged my pores and grabbed onto eczema patches on my face.

Overall, this could work great for non-sensitive oily or combination skin who doesn't have pale neutral coloring. I have since found Cover FX Cream foundation, which works much better for me. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to try this product out after hearing so much rave about it, but was apprehensive because of the price--its much more expensive than my usual make-up. But as school becomes more and more stressful, my face becomes more and more blemished, so I finally decided to fork up the money to purchase this.

THE GOOD:
> Very broad color range! Color-matching is easy. I found a good match at my second try. Days later I find that the shade I chose is a bit pink, I think I should have chosen something more yellow-based, but its only noticeable to me.
> Very good coverage. Cinema Secrets claims to be able to cover tattoos; I'm not surprised. With this I'm able to fully conceal my blemishes with a few swipes, while other concealers need at least three times as much.
> Creamy texture, almost runny. Makes it easy to blend.

THE BAD:
> I can't get it to last long enough on my skin :/ Its gone mid-day. At first I thought I was just applying it wrong, but I've already tried it in so many different ways (with primer, without, powder on top, applying it more thickly, etc.) but still end up with the same result.
> It can get cakey after some time.
> The price, ugh.

I really wanted to like this as I don't want to go through the arduous process of color-matching with another concealer again, but unless I can find a way to make this last longer on my face, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Guru4u

This is a fantastic secret. Not many people now about this concealer pallette. I use this on all of my brides and every time it looks fantastic in photos. I also use it on myself when I'm going out for an evening. The perfect consistency and covers beautifully without caking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by stellabell

This is a fantastic concealer. It works and it stays. The only hard part is finding your appropriate color or blend of colors. I can't imagine using this as a foundation. It's too much but for my dark circles, it's a godsend.