October 1, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Merle Norman - Luxiva Lasting Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by pizzamomma

I have been looking for a lighter feeling foundation for spring and summer to replace the medium to full coverage of ELDW Light. I really wanted something with the same staying power as Estee L. Based on the reviews here I went in my local Merle Norman. I have never been in one before and was very impressed with the products and customer service. The sales lady was very helpful and NOT pushy. I got a generous sample of the Luxiva Lasting. I loved it so much, I went in and got the full size and some other products. It has a light-medium look and feel. And it has staying power. Give Merle Norman a try, you might love it. P.S. This is buildable if you want a heaver coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why oh why does anyone like this???? This foundation felt like a powder when i put it on... it's like it went to powder form when it hit my skin and i have oily to combo skin. II pretty much just hated it blah

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Breezi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product!!!! I decided that I wanted a foundation that would give me more coverage and would control my oiliness throughout the day. When I bought it I expected a so so product meaning I was expecting a little bit of oil control and maybe a couple of touch up but to my surprise this foundation makes me look flawless throughout the whole day I think I just have to touch up once a day if that. Gotta love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by 2lovealot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's nice but it kinda looks like you have got foundation on its great . It gets lighter as the day goes on and its REALLY expensive I think I am gonna try studio fix because at least you get alot of product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This didn't work for me. I still got oily, and it separated kind of like the mufe matifying fdtn. BUT lately nothing is working for me, so I don't think I can blame the foundation too much. Plus I've decided that I don't really like that much coverage. When my freckles are covered I look like a ghost. I did really like the finish/coverage of their regular liquid, but I'm too oily for it. Surprisingly, I really liked their tinted moisturizer! So, even though this wasn't for me, I still think it's of good quality. You should definitely give Merle a try if you've never been there because I think you'll be able to find something.

The good:

The SA was soooo nice and helpful. Not pushy. I was really nervous about having to deal with some stuffy broad (never been to MN before), so this was a pleasant surprise.

The foundation is surprisingly silky and easy to apply. You do need to get it blended in when you put it on, but you have enough time to do so before it sets.

Gives good (I'd say moderate to full) coverage. The powder fdtn goes well on top for really flawless coverage, though that was a bit drying on my non-oily places.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Sweetie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looked a bit maskey when the SA applied it, but I think she was a bit heavy handed. I matched with Soft Bisque in the neutral range - for reference, I am a MAC NC35. I will update if I have problems with it. Update: No breakouts and it keeps me extra matte. The emphasis is EXTRA...that's actually the only problem - my face feels so dry (I'm naturally very oily!) Update: I kept getting clogged pores on my nose and I had some irritation from this (I have sensitive skin as well). I wanted to list the ingredients for those of you who might find it useful:
Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405 continued >>

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG foundation. Ah-may-zing. Has a thin texture, but covers superbly and blends like nothing else I've tried. Glides on like silk and with very minimal blending, it disappears into your skin-- and not in the bad way some foundations disappear! Major pigmentation in this stuff. Covers everything and does NOT come off until you wash off (I use Cliniqie Take the Day Off Balm which is amazing) I don't think it's possible for this to look cakey, even if you apply another layer in spots for more coverage. I apply with a MAC 187 or Sonia Kashuk skunk brush. I also use my fingers sometimes if I'm in a hurry. In the past it took me ages to do my foundation, but with this foundation I can have in done in under 5 minutes no joke. I use Ivory, and while it's a *tad* dark for me, it still blends well enough to work fine. I got my first and current tube in a swap, but when I'm done with it I will definitely shell out the $30 for another tube. Yes, the price is kinda steep but if you're looking for a TRUE long-lasting, smudge-proof, silky easy to apply foundation that's gonna cover all flaws and look gorgeous, this stuff is worth it. Go try it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jddyson

I really enjoy using this product. It was such a difficult task to find the right foundation that could meet my needs. I needed a foundation that covered my acne and acne scars, it wouldn't cause me to break out, stayed on most of the day, create a matte look and prevent me from looking like an oily mess at the end of the day (or even in the middle of the day).

This foundation met all those needs. The only issue I do have with it is the coloring. The very nice sales lady gave me Sesame, which is a close match, but my skin is super hard to find the right color.

Speaking of the sales lady, she was very knowledgeable about all her own products, even other products I use and this website. I felt confident that she knew exactly what I needed.

The downside of this is the price. With my budget, this is most definitely a splurge. Paying about $30 for foundation can put a strain on the wallet, but I bought it in mid January and I am still using the same tube. I figured it to be $10 a month and that's about the same amount I would spend a month on a covergirl product. Clearly I am trying to justify my purchase, but it doesn't matter, I love this stuff!

To compare, I have used MAC Studiofix, Origins Reflection Perfection, Clinique Repairwear and Covergirl Aquasmooth.

MAC changed its color throughout the day and caked, Origins was GREAT but got discontinued, Clinique made me break out like crazy and made me an oily mess and covergirl just makes me look like a ghost. Merle Norman is been the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! My skin is oily and i have slight rosacea...i've tried them all and this and Revlon's Beyond Natural foundation are miracles for my skin...keeps it matte...non irritating...I am in love!

Edited: My HG foundation...I just love it...it is amazing...I use creamy beige and it is the best ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by tvartdiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do I love, love, love this foundation!!!
Merle Norman-Not your Mom's store anymore....

Mattest of the Matte!
**As a TV/Film union artist, I will not endorse any product I do not truly believe in.**

It is a must for an oily skin type, *Rosacea/Acne sufferer, or anyone who craves a super matte non-drying, full coverage finish. So many long lasting retail foundations like Colorstay, EL Double Wear, and Tarte, to me lack that powder soft matte finish, or can look like a gooey, heavily crusted drag queen, this is a different breed, you may not even believe it dries so matte or covers so well when you see how thin and super silky it dispenses and glides on, but trust me it does.

I use it on the set everyday to mattify my RCMA, Kevyn A. mahron etc., or alone, and always as a light finish on the boys in HD. You could use it in the desert, ocean, or even on the moon- I swear it will not budge for days even under high heat and humidity, you may only need to blot your sweat and powder the T after many hours and that is a big maybe!!

I use it with a MAC foundation brush, Laura Mercier or Sonia K. sponge, or any other nice thick sponge on a squeaky clean face-and stipple not rub on. Remember- When you stipple you deposit, when you rub you take away...If a light finish is your desire, use with a damp almost dry sponge. Ladies... *Please don't use fingers with this or any other foundation or you may get texture marks or what I call jaw Spackle- not the way to "raise the pretty." I set very lightly with Ben Nye Banana, Dermablend or silica powder, and velour puff. You can then dust a little "Studio Fix", Ben Nye or FX Matte Compact with a Kabuki if you are a super-duper velvety finish girl.

You will never believe how long it lasts or hides redness/ acne/ oil! It is always in my set bag. If you are a woman that needs something that will hold up to a scorching body temp. or an oil slick this is your new best friend. It is the foundation I wear most often and swear by! As a matter of fact, they discontinued two of the shades shades (I mix) and I ordered 6 from around the map that are vacuum sealed in their boxes in my fridge, that should hold me a few years. This little tube must have a genie in it because it feels nearly empty and just keeps dispensing. When I hear complaints about the $30 price, I must admit I'm puzzled? What are you doing with so much of this great coverage base?? Merele Norman totally understands that long-lasting means very little filler and loads of pigment. This full-coverage dynamo is the schnizel!

*Since Merle Norman does not sell online, you can find a store location on their website.. Go in get matched, it may take a few tries. Be warned: The indep. owned stores have no problem selling you discontinued, even testers... So make sure the shade your buying is current or you will share my pain in duplicating it. They definitely need to make more yellow based shades!! **Beware it dries 1- 1.5 lighter so don't leave in a hurry let it set for 10 or so minutes before buying.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No