September 23, 2014 | 1389 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

This gloss is a lovely colour, kind of a pinky brown. I think this shade would work well on most people. I bought it to use for more toned down makeup days instead of my lipvenom in snowberry. Despite what some have said about the fragrance, i really don't like it.The main ingredient of this product is lanolin-even if i hadn't read it i would have known. Its not exactly a pleasant smell, especially if you have ever been around sheeps wool!! Paying $50 for a lovely lip gloss and smelling like wool is NOT what i planned on. However, that said, because the main ingredient is lanolin it is very moisturising and leaves your lips soft. This gloss isn't full of glitter (thank-god), but gives your lips a healthy "i just had strawberry ice-cream" gloss. The packaging is a frosted glass tub, which is a bit unhygienic, but very glam. Seems to hold a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 6:07:00 AM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice pink gloss. Sweet without being shocking pink. Not a color I can wear a lot but when I want pink, this is the perfect shade. Plus, it's got the best staying power of any lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 10:03:00 AM More reviews by TimaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am most definitely not a fan of glosses that come in a pot. however, eros is so gorgeous that suddenly, all my prejudice is gone. i agree that there is something nonchalantly sexy in taking your pot out in the middle of restaurant and "carelessly" dabbing a slick of gloss on your pout with the ring finger. anyway, eros is a subdued, muted rosy-raspberry-brown with very subtle shimmer. it reminds me of bobbi brown glosses, especially of "kir sugar". no smell or taste. the texture is generously thick, but easy to spread. lasts truly long. the thing that worries me a little is a certain amount of numb-ness i feel after applying this gloss (similar sensation after applying stila lip glazes). i sincerely hope that my lips will get used to it as i will be devasteted if i won't be able to use eros any more :-( .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by cristaline

Eros is a highly flattering raspberry rose and my favorite Lip Lacquer. The shimmer is uber subtle and hardly discernible compared to, say, the shimmer of Chanel Glossimers. More than anything, this is super glossy, but gorgeously so; it doesn't lend an effect that makes me look like I went through fried chicken. It's sheer, yet allows for buildable intensity with a lip brush. It stays put and there is no scent or taste (as opposed to the old formula, which was awful in these respects). Overall, a great color and texture that helps me look pulled together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My all-time fave NARS Lacquer! Eros is a gorgeous shimmery raspberry shade which goes on sheer. I carry this little pot with me everywhere! I have already went through 1 pot of this...and am almost done with pot number 2. Highly recommend though it is very expensive at $22 a pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackCardBabe

Why oh why did I wait so long to try lip lacquers?? This is thick, but not sticky. Gives my pigmented lips a slightly richer tint, and looks so good on! I'm an NC30 with brown hair and eyes. Only thing is that I wished it had a scent besides the plasticy smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by menina77

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty color and it's thick and gooey. I like the consistency because it seems to hold the moisture in my lips. I don't have long nails so the jar isn't a problem for me. I could see how it would be problem for a girl with a manicure though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by neicy81

I love Eros!I heard it would great on many skin tones but being a darker GGG/DDD, I sometimes tend to fall out of that range.But it didn't disappoint. I tend to wear too many bronze or red shades and was looking for a non barbie pink gloss,and this is it!It's a sheer raspberry that isn't a screaming neon pink or a light pink. The texture is awesome. It glides right across my lips without flaking later on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 2:37:00 AM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a YLBB berry shade. The texture is great. No smell or taste, which is great. But I'm really lazy so I don't like the pot packaging, I'd prefer something with an applicator so I don't have to go through the trouble of finding lip brush everytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2005 8:26:00 PM More reviews by bubblebball15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is simply a gorgeous color! Whenever I go into Sephora, I stop by the NARS station to smack some Eros onto my lips. It's a gorgeous berry-crushed color that feels incredibly smooth. Although this gloss is a bit sticky and makes my lips flake, it has a nice overall texture and if I got all the "flakies" off my lips before applying, this would be incredible. I am still not ready to purchase this, though, because I have a color similar to it.