December 20, 2014 | 1421 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i'm submitting the same review for Bain de Force shampoo and Ciment conditioner.
my salon only sells Bumble and bumble, so i've been using their products for ages (incl their treatment lines) but have never been wholly convinced. i finally took the plunge and went into a Kerastase salon. i was set on either the Bain Satin/Masquintense line or the Oleo-Relax line. the girl there recommended this line to me because it targets breakage with proteins, as opposed to just softening the hair. so far i have used both the shampoo and conditioner (as well as the masquintense and the nectar thermique) and have been very pleased. she said to finish up these products before switching to either other line, to give my hair a stronger foundation.
after 5 straight years of bleach, and 10 years of dying, ironing, blowdrying and ponytails made my hair shorter and shorter, i am finally noticing a major difference since using these products.
UPDATE: i have added more kerastase products to my arsenal, this is the only line that touches my hair now. this is the first time in EVER that my hair has consistently felt so soft, smooth and been so easy to heat style. i am blown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely fantastic shampoo. It delivers exactly what it says on the bottle: leaves chemically treated, weakened hair soft and shiny.

Smells divine and even though it is not cheap it lasts at least 4 months (a little product goes a long way). I use this shampoo with the rest of the Kerastase "green" line and it is very effective. I rarely use other brands and when I do I always go back to Kerastase.

EDIT: now available on the internet also in a 500ml bottle. A great deal!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

At first I really loved this shampoo, it was perfect for my thin, fragile hair. After a while, my scalp started itching really bad...that's why I took 2 lippies...
EDIT: I'm taking another lippie, 'cause it incredibly dried out my hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The Kerastase line has really repaired and restored health to my hair. At one point it was pretty dry and damaged due to me being stupid and using cheap products. There is no point in spending lots of money at the salon on awesome color, and then not taking care of it at home. I use this shampoo along with the Ciment Anti-Usure conditioner, and then the Nectar Thermique. Out of those 3 products, the Nectar Thermique is really the most important. I have fine, blond hair, and cannot even comb through it unless I use some kind of leave in conditioner. Kerastase is totally worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this shampoo after reading the reviews on make up alley. All i can say is thanks guys, now i know what your all mean, by this shampoo definately compliments the ciment conditioner.

Surprisingly this shampoo is very gentle on my extremely dry hair, i didn't find it stripping and it didn't leave my hair in a chewing gum tangled mess like some shampoos.

I have now added this to my staples list; my hair feels much more stronger of late, with less shredding and the ends aren't thinning out so quickly.

I would recommend this shampoo, if your hair needs more elasticity and resilience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love everything Kerastase! Their products are so far and above any and all other hair products on the market. I had used the reflection line (color treated-purple) for 5 yrs. After lightening my hair and then going back to dark again, my stylist recommended that I step it up to the resistance line (damaged-green.) It has made such a difference! I (almost) have my old hair back! And even better, it's conditioning/healing properties seem to be cumulative-I've used it twice(along w/ciment anti-usure cond,) and it has brought back a lot of vitality to my hair, it looks even better this 2nd time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by darlinglilkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is amazing. I was doing sulfate free for a while, and in general I do think that's a really good approach. Overcleaning is really not good for your hair, it dries it out and makes it look bad. Its also less manageable. But I only shampoo twice a week (use OB dry shampoo otherwise) and since moving to LA, I feel grimier in general. LOL. So I wanted to switch it up a bit and because I LOVE LOVE LOVE ciment thermique by this line, and going from all the glowing reviews here, I tried this one out. Within 1 shampoo it made a huge difference in the look and feel of my hair. Is that even possible? I guess so! Probably because this shampoo is so conditioning. My hair was SO soft and shiny and healthy looking afterwards. Also, my hair stays a LOT cleaner for a LOT longer with it. I think I only need to shampoo my hair once a week with it. Plus, it really is a luxury product to use. The texture is lovely (and you only need a teeny bit for it to lather and do its job) and the smell is to-die-for. Reminds me of grapefruit and Japanese candy. I really love using it. I hope it doesn't dry out my hair but I will update if it does. So far, this is HG and I will be repurchasing. Along with the other Kerastase products I have tried, this really works and makes my hair look freaking fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Cloud9allthetime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi ladies,

Are we talking about the old formula of Kerastase Bain de Force or the new formula? Which one is the best one?

Thanks! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by principalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It took me a while to put my finger on what was happening. I finally realized that it was because of this shampoo. I have always been a faithful Kerastase user. Their products generally treat my hair very well, and I enjoy using them.

This shampoo, unfortunately, is the worst. After reading some other reviews, I realize that I am not alone. Here is what I noticed.

1. The tangles you get from it are NOT a good thing. Ladies, really, should you ever be fighting to comb through your hair after it is clean? No! Use of this shampoo WILL cause it to break. Don't fool around and wait to long, as I did, or over time, you will notice plenty of breakage, which cannot be repaired.

2. This shampoo offers very little in the way of moisture. Protein is NOT moisture, and this shampoo is a protein. Again, over time, your hair will become drier and drier. This, too, is not something that is easy to repair.

3. Healthy hair comes from the inside, and this product is no panacea. Do not believe its promises. You are far better off with a mild and moisturizing shampoo.

I might also note that I alternated this product and still ended up with dry and broken hair. I am going to go back to alternating the Bain Satin and Bain Mirror (I color).

Best wishes and stay away from this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tigra1411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG shampoo of the last 2 and half years!
I'm already on the 3d 1L bottle of it!

At firt I need to mention that my hair was always bad. I had frequent hair falls since childhood, dry hair ends constantly split - so I can not grow out rather long hair. I have a medium-long hair cut, slightly longer than my showlders and I renew it every 3 month.
I'm natuarally dark blond and do regular highlights. My hair is rather soft and thin, so I don't use any conditioner otherwise it' looses volume and looks greazy. I only use leave-in treatments for hair ends and styling thickening gel.
So talking about Bain De Force, I do like everything about it.
Normally I wash my hair every 2nd day and this shampoo suit me well in terms of giving nutrition and healthy glow to my grown out roots and do not cause additioanal hair fall.
However I have to mention that Bain de Force provides a lot of moisture to my thin hair. Even though sometimes I do not want it to be so soft and moisturized - I need the hair style to keep volume till the next hair washing. And with Bain de Force it gets more difficult to blow dry it. Sometimes I have to dry my hair in several attempts for 40 minutes (I use velcro rollers for syling) and it still loses volume shortly after removing rollers. My hairdresser says it is due to using this shampoo.
I would buy Bain de Force again till I find another product which suits my needs so well.