November 25, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Lord1986

I can't count how many of this product have I bought for the past few years....
I had really bad eczema problem on my hands, which makes my hands intolerant to multiple washes daily..... this hand cream locks in moisture and keeps the hand soft. It claims it'll lasts through hand washing...in my case, I'll have to reapply everytime I wash my hands, but only because I have extremely dry hands.
I also apply smith's rosebud shalves on my cuticles, which is a more extensive treatment than aveeno's hand cream.
and this hand cream is non-greasy, and non fragrance....I usually grab one whenever I go to walmart....
Downside:
- I don't like the packaging, I prefer long-skinny looking tube over short-chubbing looking ones...but that's just me :D
- and I usually finish one tube in two months, so it doesn't last long

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by bunnyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This hand cream did not seem to last long. I definitely have to reapply after each hand washing. It also didn't seem to provide deep or effective moisture/protection. The only good thing about this product was that it was non-greasy. But for the same price (about $7), I would have been better off with the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer for your body. It moisturizes better and would be 3-4x more product. For an "intense" hand cream, I still prefer Sally Hansen 18-hour cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by thatdork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This hand cream is amazing! My mom has dry hands because she constantly washes the dishes and her hands, she bought this and loves it! She constantly put the lotion. And I love the fact that you can use it on your elbows and knees (I,too, have problems with dry skin). It really moisturizes your skin, unlike other moisturizers.

Recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was pleasanly surprised by this hand cream! I really like it, and it is truly not greasy!!!!!! YAY. but it's no HG material in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ssunmim

My hands are incredibly dry in the winter and this stuff saves them. I use it in the summer too because it is truly non greasy! I love how it makes my hands feel like they're moisturized without having stuck them in an oil well. But the only thing is, as someone mentioned, this product does pill off my hands sometimes depending on how dry they are. I personally don't mind this, because I just keep using more every 20 minutes or so when my hands get that dry and they become fine. However, the cost is also a bit much. For $10 for a little tube that does not last that long, it is stretching the wallet. But I think its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion from Wal's Pharmacy here in Australia and received this hand cream for free. Most hand creams I have tried either have too strong of a scent, take too long to sink in or only provide moisture for a short period of time. Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is fragrance free, sinks in in a short amount of time and provides my hands lasting moisture that lasts through hand washing.
I very highly recommend this hand cream, I just wish the tube wasn't so bulky though.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

Product description from the Aveeno website:
This unique, non-greasy hand cream is specially formulated with natural oatmeal and rich emollients to help heal dry skin and form a protective glove against the elements. Unlike ordinary hand creams, Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream protects and moisturizes skin for 24 hours and even lasts through hand washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sandfa5

This is my HG hand cream. It is this and creamy but absorbs quickly. My hands are instantly transformed into being soft and supple. It is the only thing that works for my mom too who has ezecma on her hands...definetely worth buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by nexa_a2y

Doesn't leave a sticky residue behind, sinks in quickly, no funny smells.
And skin stays moisturised even after washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lrinke218

My hands get extremely dry, crack, and bleed in the Winter. This lotion is easily applied without the greasy residue after. I'm a SRNA so I am constantly washing my hands and this lotion does hold up through a few hand washes.

Overall: unscented, no grease, applies easily, lasts through hand washing, and works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - I've got awfully dry hands and hate greasy lotions - probably as does every reviewer of this product, duh :) I need something year-round to prevent the unsightly dry white lines on my hands and, especially in winter, to keep my dry hands from developing painful cracks. I'm a relatively recent convert to Aveeno products, so figured I ought to give this stuff a try. Awesome stuff. NO GREASY FEELING. Soaks in better and faster than most hand lotions I've tried, and it immediately makes my hands feel better. Not too runny (doesn't run or drip off), but not too thick either - easy to spread and work into the skin. Lasts a while but obviously if I wash my hands frequently I need to reapply. Minimal scent.

Comparisons - Not as thick or greasy-feeling as Neutrogena's Hand Cream Norweigan formula, which was my previous hand lotion of choice.

Packaging - Soft tube with secure (but simple to open) flip top cap with small-medium tip. The tip is just the right size, I never accidentally squeeze out more than I want.

Overall - Another HG from Aveeno!
continued >>