The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

on 5/2/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a gift from a friend. I really liked tea tree oil before, but I think witch hazel gets rid of my blemishes much faster.
This didn't quite work for me. It may have been because I used it too often: about 2-3 times a week, because it said to calm down skin, and my skin was often irritated. It was very fun to put on: it is thick and green, and you look like one of those women from cartoons :P The thing is: my skin never got less red after this. I really wanted it to work, but my Clean & Clean blackhead clearing scrub calms my skin down much more than this. This also seemed to clog my pores, which isn't strange when I used it so often: mud masks are supposed to be used every week/2 weeks, not more often tan that - else they're just bad for you. But anyway: this did not work for me. Hope other people have better results with this. Also want to say that this is quite expensive for he amount you et if compared to other mud masks.

on 4/10/2012 10:02:00 PM

I'm from Singapore, and this product cost me $30! Very expensive! And the content only contains 3.85oz which is lesser than Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque which has 8oz and is cheaper~ This tea tree face mask doesn't has any instruction so is not good for those who first buy this product. So when I put on this masque, it has cooling sensation :) It is refreshing when I rinsed off.
Pros:
- Refreshing
- Cooling Sensation

Cons:
- The packaging sucks a lot, can be contaminated if the fingers are not washed properly
- The price doesn't worth, I could get better masque than this.
- Hard to rinse off
- Introduce more pimples on my face :(

I am going to use this mask once a month and also decided to give it to my mother. Not going to repurchase. Doesn't work for my skin.

on 3/6/2012 11:24:00 AM

I thought this product doesn't exist anymore! I used this mask while I was in High School, many years ago. It was my first bought mask.
At first I was shocked by the green colour and the smell. When I used it though, it left my skin soft, clear, matte and the pimples were less red and they were flat. It is bit funny to apply it and back then it had a strong menthol smell and your face was...minty. Also, every time I used it , in the first 3 minutes my skin was burning. It is a bit hard to spread on your face and you have to put your fingers in the pot many times until you cover your whole face.
I used it all and then I forgot about The Body Shop until last year when I bought the Tea Tree Oil Scrub which is great for my skin. Now I just had a look on their website and I've seen this mask and I am quite surprised it still exists. I will buy it again.
Package- It comes in a plastic green pot with a black lid.
Consistence- It is a bit hard as a mask but you can take it from the pot using your fingers.
Colour- It has a green colour.

on 1/30/2012 8:28:00 PM

The Tea Tree Face Mask from The Body Shop is by far the best mask I have tried till now and I will continue using it. This mask is great when you hit that stressful day or week and you need some rest and relaxation. The tea tree in this really helps with the acne during stressful times. It does leave your face with a tingling feeling which gives me a sign that itís working, the sting can be overwhelming when you put too much. Although I do not experience a great amount of acne, this does help when midterms and finals come around and school is driving me crazy. Life can be hectic and tiring, so why not put a mask on it. A container of this stuff can probably last you a good year for the price. (Retail Value $15)

on 1/23/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not like this product. I applied this right after cleansing, and it burned. I use tea tree oil on its own, and it's never burns like this. Could be worse, but not worth the purchase.

on 12/4/2011 12:13:00 AM

This product is quite good. I don't use it often but when I do it seems to shrink my pimples. I don't use it on my whole face as it is very drying but I use this as spot treatment which means that the whole tub will last a lot longer! I leave it on overnight and when I wash it off in the morning it shrinks the pimple but it does look a little red. The redness fades after a while and the pimple is visibly reduced!

on 8/26/2011 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought this on impulse and was pleasantly surprised! It's now the only thing i use to keep from getting blemishes and its really effective. I use it a times a week and my skin is noticibky clearer

on 8/25/2011 4:05:00 AM

I bought this because my I get some breakouts on my chin and jawline, especially the hormonal kind at a certain time of the month, and I also thought that it would take off some of the oiliness from my skin during the summer. First of all this product has totally changed from what it used to be few years back when I used it regularly and I really liked it then. It was clearly a clay-type mask before that dried on your face and made skin feel really clear and clean.
Now however the texture of this mask is strange, it felt like slapping on soft plastic or something. Did not like the feel of it at all.
When I first used it now, it seemed to calm my skin and I like the smell of the product, so I decided not to be bothered too much by the texture of it. BUT after using twice I started to break out more. Now I have these small bumbs all over my face, that are clearly caused by irritation. Since this is the only new thing I used on my face, I think it's causing these breakouts. I think it is absolutely ridiculous to use ingredient (myristyl myristate) that can clog pores in a product that is made for acne-prone skin.
If nothing I've learned to read the ingredients list before buying something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first I wasn't so sure about this mask. When I applied it I thought I was allergic or something as it started to burn, but after about 30 seconds I realised that was just the tingle of the tea tree. It does what it says on the tub - 'cool and lifts away impurities'. As soon as I has washed it off my face felt softer and smoother and extremely refreshed. At £9 the tub is rather small but with the instruction to use weekly I can see it lasting a while as not much is needed for the whole face. Would totally recommend to somewith with acne prone skin like myself, especially in conjunction with other body shop tea tree products. My face hasn't felt so fresh in a very long time.

on 8/1/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can say this product didnt do anything other than clean my skin .... i wish it helped my acne or blackheads but it didnt do anything at all .. very disappointed .. i will not purchase this again .. its more for sensitive skins who are looking for a mask for rare bumps they get on their face ..

Popular Masks