Redken Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride

on 10/6/2006 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What was I doing wrong with this? It has such good reviews but I didn't like it for some reason. The first time, it was so-so... the next time, my hair was sticky. :( I was using it as a leave-in. I wasn't too fond of the smell either. Oh well.

on 10/4/2006 2:26:00 PM

This works better than any product I have ever tried for taming my slightly damaged and frizzy ends. I have tried so many serums but nothing works like this and it leaves my hair so soft and full of body and my hair is also easier to blow dry when I use this. Highly recommended!

This is what I use when I let my naturally wavy hair air dry. I put it in on towel dried hair, and it makes my hair friz free, and the waves uniform and healthy looking. The best stuff I have found when you just don't want to do anything to your hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a great product. It's lightweight, helps with detangling and moisturizes very well. But for some reason it makes my eyes burn when my hair is wet. So I won't repurchase.

on 5/2/2006 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product, I think, is totally unique on the market. I have found NOTHING like it. I don't know how I found it, but it was ages ago, at least 5 years, and it's simply magical. I got in the habit of searching the web for it in bulk so I same a little money by buying a HUGE bottle of it- over 20oz. It lasts forever, obviously. I have pretty long thick hair and I put this very sparingly on the bottom 1/4 of my hair when it is half-dried. I hit it with the dryer and scrunch; it adds the perfect amount of sheeny definition. It's not quite a "hold" in my opinion, but they refer to it as a slight hold. For me it can really bring out some wave if I play my cards right. I can't say enough about Outshine, I have recommended it to so many people, and they're always surprised at how great it is. However, I have a feeling it's better for thick hair, as sometimes if I am not careful I'll use a little too much in one spot, and it looks a tiny bit greasy- you have to use just a little! I sometimes use B&B Surf Spray over it (just a couple of sprays) to mattify my hair a bit, make it look more tossled. But if you're looking for smooth & shiny, but not stiff, this may well be it. **OH, and I have to add, I didn't think this was meant to be a leave-in conditioner, but maybe due to what it does people think of it that way? It's more of a smoothing, defining product for me, but maybe it functions differently for diff. hair types.

on 4/5/2006 10:04:00 AM

I always go back to this, my HG styling product/leave-in conditioner that I've been using for years. I have tried other products (mostly drug store), but most creams that actually do moisturize are too heavy for my medium-weight, somewhat wavy hair. I just recently switched back to this after trying to find something cheaper, but ds products really do not perform up to outshine standards, so I find this is worth the cost. One tube lasts FOREVER, too, as you only need a large pea sized dollop for very long hair. My hair is pretty dry (I like to go from blonde to brunette about once per year to change things up), and nothing makes my hair as soft, frizz-free, and defined as this. It has a very slightly waxy texture to it, so it adds a bit of hold to hair without making it feel like it has styling product in it at all. On days when I want to be totally natural, I mix this in my hand (use a TINY bit, it's very concentrated) with redken outshine for gorgeous, shiney, wavy locks. When I want a little more curl/definition, I add some PM mousse into the mix.

on 3/7/2006 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Yes, this is as good as everyone says it is. My sister turned me on to this product - I don't normally buy Redken. I've used a number of leave-ins and this is the best! I have long, tangly, dry at the ends, oily at the roots straight hair. This makes my hair feel soft and slightly shiny and bouncy - not heavy. A bit pricey around $15 for the regular sized pump, but will last awhile. Well worth it. Update: week 2 and this stuff is great! My hair feels salon soft after I use this and then blow dry. There is a noticeable difference in how my hair looks - the frizziness is no more. Update: After using this for awhile, it doesn't seem to work as magically as it did to begin with. My sis agrees. Maybe I'll have to quit using it for a month or so :(.
Update #2: I am back to using this again. After trying a myriad of products to smooth my frizzy, color treated hair (dry at the ends, oily at the roots), this works better than anything else I've tried. It smooths, yet doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I do add a dime sized Biosilk Silk Therapy at the end of styling to reign in the last few flyaways.

on 2/15/2006 5:27:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Redken but I've just received this in a swap. Its a great product that combats the dryness of my TR'd hair without making it greasy. This is something I will definitely repurchase irrelevant of price!

Have taken off twolippies as this smells rank and i can no longer live with the smell lol!

on 2/8/2006 10:14:00 AM

This stuff is fantastic! I just work a dime-sized amount through my towel-dried, un-combed hair- then I comb it into place and let it air-dry. No more frizz, and no crunchiness like with some products. I wear my hair up for work, and when I get home and let my hair down, it's all shiny, bouncy and smells great! I bought a huge size of this on eBay, and I'll probably have enough to last me through the rest of my 30's. Great product.

on 12/17/2005 5:42:00 PM

Great product! I have longish fine wavy hair that tangles badly. I almost always let it airdry because it damages easily, but sometimes its so tangled that I need a serum/ detangler. This works very well as a detangler on semi-wet hair and then makes it a little fuller, shiny and super smooth. Its costly, but you need very little. Too much and it looks a little greasy. I will buy this again, it provides the best results in any product I've ever tried.

Popular Styling Products