December 19, 2014 | 1426 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is what I use when I let my naturally wavy hair air dry. I put it in on towel dried hair, and it makes my hair friz free, and the waves uniform and healthy looking. The best stuff I have found when you just don't want to do anything to your hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It's lightweight, helps with detangling and moisturizes very well. But for some reason it makes my eyes burn when my hair is wet. So I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 10:13:00 PM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product, I think, is totally unique on the market. I have found NOTHING like it. I don't know how I found it, but it was ages ago, at least 5 years, and it's simply magical. I got in the habit of searching the web for it in bulk so I same a little money by buying a HUGE bottle of it- over 20oz. It lasts forever, obviously. I have pretty long thick hair and I put this very sparingly on the bottom 1/4 of my hair when it is half-dried. I hit it with the dryer and scrunch; it adds the perfect amount of sheeny definition. It's not quite a "hold" in my opinion, but they refer to it as a slight hold. For me it can really bring out some wave if I play my cards right. I can't say enough about Outshine, I have recommended it to so many people, and they're always surprised at how great it is. However, I have a feeling it's better for thick hair, as sometimes if I am not careful I'll use a little too much in one spot, and it looks a tiny bit greasy- you have to use just a little! I sometimes use B&B Surf Spray over it (just a couple of sprays) to mattify my hair a bit, make it look more tossled. But if you're looking for smooth & shiny, but not stiff, this may well be it. **OH, and I have to add, I didn't think this was meant to be a leave-in conditioner, but maybe due to what it does people think of it that way? It's more of a smoothing, defining product for me, but maybe it functions differently for diff. hair types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 10:04:00 AM More reviews by tetrakis

I always go back to this, my HG styling product/leave-in conditioner that I've been using for years. I have tried other products (mostly drug store), but most creams that actually do moisturize are too heavy for my medium-weight, somewhat wavy hair. I just recently switched back to this after trying to find something cheaper, but ds products really do not perform up to outshine standards, so I find this is worth the cost. One tube lasts FOREVER, too, as you only need a large pea sized dollop for very long hair. My hair is pretty dry (I like to go from blonde to brunette about once per year to change things up), and nothing makes my hair as soft, frizz-free, and defined as this. It has a very slightly waxy texture to it, so it adds a bit of hold to hair without making it feel like it has styling product in it at all. On days when I want to be totally natural, I mix this in my hand (use a TINY bit, it's very concentrated) with redken outshine for gorgeous, shiney, wavy locks. When I want a little more curl/definition, I add some PM mousse into the mix.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is as good as everyone says it is. My sister turned me on to this product - I don't normally buy Redken. I've used a number of leave-ins and this is the best! I have long, tangly, dry at the ends, oily at the roots straight hair. This makes my hair feel soft and slightly shiny and bouncy - not heavy. A bit pricey around $15 for the regular sized pump, but will last awhile. Well worth it. Update: week 2 and this stuff is great! My hair feels salon soft after I use this and then blow dry. There is a noticeable difference in how my hair looks - the frizziness is no more. Update: After using this for awhile, it doesn't seem to work as magically as it did to begin with. My sis agrees. Maybe I'll have to quit using it for a month or so :(.
Update #2: I am back to using this again. After trying a myriad of products to smooth my frizzy, color treated hair (dry at the ends, oily at the roots), this works better than anything else I've tried. It smooths, yet doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I do add a dime sized Biosilk Silk Therapy at the end of styling to reign in the last few flyaways.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

I'm not a huge fan of Redken but I've just received this in a swap. Its a great product that combats the dryness of my TR'd hair without making it greasy. This is something I will definitely repurchase irrelevant of price!

Have taken off twolippies as this smells rank and i can no longer live with the smell lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 10:14:00 AM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is fantastic! I just work a dime-sized amount through my towel-dried, un-combed hair- then I comb it into place and let it air-dry. No more frizz, and no crunchiness like with some products. I wear my hair up for work, and when I get home and let my hair down, it's all shiny, bouncy and smells great! I bought a huge size of this on eBay, and I'll probably have enough to last me through the rest of my 30's. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

Great product! I have longish fine wavy hair that tangles badly. I almost always let it airdry because it damages easily, but sometimes its so tangled that I need a serum/ detangler. This works very well as a detangler on semi-wet hair and then makes it a little fuller, shiny and super smooth. Its costly, but you need very little. Too much and it looks a little greasy. I will buy this again, it provides the best results in any product I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by kipar13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product for my thick and slightly wavy hair. I can just towel dry my hair, rub a SMALL amount of this in, run my fingers through my hair and go. Takes care of frizz and adds a nice bit of shine. Definitely important to only use a little or else your hair will look greasy and limp.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Brkndoll18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My cocaine! It is the best product if you have fine curly hair. But only use a little or you will end up looking greasy. I can go to bed and wake up the next morning, put some of this in my hair, and it looks like I just washed and dryed it, it's that good.