July 31, 2014 | 1073 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I tend to cleanse and then use this. It's very gentle and does a great job of exfoliating without irritating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I had used DDF acne pumice scrub with benzoyl peroxide for years, but now that I'm older it has become much too harsh and drying for me. This Murad scrub gets the job done, keeping my acne-prone, oily slin clear and satiny smooth without over-drying. I use it every nite, followed by Biomedic's conditioning toner, and either Retinol cream
or Glycolic moisturizer. My skin has never looked better. Will definitely continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just want to say, THANK YOU MUA'S for writing such rave reviews about this product, i never would have tried it otherwise...

That said, this is officially my first HG anything!!! My skin is tough, as in unresponsive to anything except benzoyl peroxide and prescribed topical treatments which burn and turn it red. So typically I use pretty rough scrubs to see any sort of positive result.

The AHA/BHA made a difference the first night.... incredible...immediately after washing it felt soft and smooth, but my skin is far from that normally, with little clogged pores all over that make little raised bumps... milia? (though i have hundreds of thousands, they're quite subtle and they aren't white but skin colored, so probably not milia)

In the morning, my skin actually LOOKED smoother and I thought I was imagining there were less bumps.... I used it in the morning too... and that night... and etc. I use it 2x a day and it has made my skin so beautiful I can hardly believe it.... I don't think it is healing my acne scars-- I use Mederma for that, but now I SERIOUSLY look forward to washing my face :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I have used an entire tube of this up as a daily cleanser in the morning shower. I like a little light exfoliation every morning to slough off the dead stuff that accumulated overnight. This stuff fills the bill very well. IMO, it is gentle enough for me to use every day, yet has enough "scrubbiness" to get the job done. The addition of AHA/BHA is gimmicky, since it doesn't stay on the skin long enough to actually exfoliate, and the price is pretty high, so I won't be repurchasing. For a less expensive drugstore product to try as a dupe, I'd recommend the pore refining cleanser by neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by katiejewell

I love this cleanser! I was planning on only using it the recomended 3 times a week but when i ran out of my main cleanser i just used this twice a day and im going to continue. Ive been using it for 2 weeks, My acne scars are all but gone my pores across my cheeks and nose are almost clear, no new breakouts, skin feels firm and smooth. I suffered from milia also and that has more or less gone.
I only need a nickel size amount, it doesnt foam it just gets a little creamy. i dont find it to evasive, its not too harsh of a scrub. My skin is very very oily and i love that at night my skin feels so refreshed.
I love this cleanser soooo much. It is fairly expensive at $37 a tube but i think its going to last me 2 months. The packaging is ok, im not sure how the frosted plastic affects it. I sometimes leave it on my shelf in the shower and the sun shines right on it.
Ive been following it with apple cider vinegar in the evenings so im not sure how much off my success has been the cleanser or the vinegar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by stanley

it works great.my face feel brighter and cleaner. too expensive,but on the other hand it last very long as i m only using 3 times per week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a big sample of this and I'm going to order a full size of this when I have used all of it. Loving it, my new HG scrub.
I have been using Clinique exfoliating scrub and Dermalogica skin prep scrub, both are great, but Paula Begoun doesn't like them. Both are working great for me, but I wanted a more gentle everyday type scrub. She "recommended" this for normal-dry as an exfoliant cleanser, but it works great for my oily skintype as well.
I don't use it everyday, the salegirl sad that I could, I'm using it every other day as an evening cleanser + scrub. Cleanses great, and it is gentle and effective. After I put on BE Skin rev-er upper that is an 1% BHA to exfoliate deeper in my pores. Works great for me.
If you can get a sample try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by austin01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as a morning cleanser and use cetalphil the rest of the day. I love this cleanser as I have oily combi skin and this contains great exfoliaters and jojoba beads which are wonderful in helping get rid of blackheads. the tube of cleanser lasts a long long time as you only need a dot on each part of the face. Its not drying like other aha/bha cleasners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! This exfoliating cleanser is nothing short of a miracle. Really, after a week, my skin was NOTICEABLY smoother. I have gooten loads of remarks on my complexion because of this product. I am *serious*. I use it almost daily as a night time cleanser. Seriously, if you're looking for something that really does a GREAT job, this product is it.

And, it is not irritating or drying...simply marvelous.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by isenen

I've been using scrubs regularly for years and I've tried several products. I used to have flakes around the lips and cheeks even though I used scrubs regularly.
I've been using this one 2-3 times a week for a couple of months and it's time to say "this is THE SCRUB":P
I don't remember when I last had flakes. It leaves the skin silky and glowing without irritation and helps enhance my complexion.
It looks expensive but it's very very long lasting unlike other scrubs. I say don't hesitate giving it a shot;)