Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

3.5

Water Purified, SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrances

on 3/20/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate to have to write such a negative review, but this product is making my skin worse! The size of my pores are not shrinking. It is making my skin more oily, and my breakouts are getting worse. I am going to stop using this and try to find my receipt so i can return it!! I am very disappointed!!

on 2/19/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this about a month ago, about the time I started using the Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. Since I'm getting married soon I was desperate to find something that would actually clear up my skin, but was also inexpensive. I've had acne since I was 11, so I've tried everything under the sun, as you can imagine! So I didn't notice anything dramatic immediately, but loved the fresh, almost fruity scent. After using these 2 products for a few weeks I have noticed my skin has cleared up quite a bit, pores aren't as visible, and my skin is smoother! I think this one is a keeper!

on 2/18/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Irritated my skin and made and the fragrance is too strong. Did an ok job cleaning my skin.

on 12/30/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this in conjuction with the Pore Refining face wash. I've noticed a reduction in oil and shine on my face, thumbs up! And, I've noticed my pores actually look clear, and less noticeable, and my skin is so smooth. BUT, I have two complaints. One, the nozzle is waaaay too small to get any kind of product out, so I have to unscrew the top and use it that way. I've also developed these little bumps, like tiny whiteheads almost, around my mouth, and under my chin. Not blemishes, but something else, I really have no idea. I'm not sure if it's a minor allergic reaction. I've been using this toner for about three weeks now, and I've debated returning it (got it @Wal-Mart for $6.47) but besides the bumps, I love the results.

on 12/25/2010 6:38:00 PM

I love this product! I really think that this product works for me. I've only been using this for a little over a week, and I've seen a difference in just a few days. My face used to have little bumps but I see now that they have diminished. I also noticed that my skin feels smooth.

on 12/7/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I been using it for like 1 month and a half
i dont really know if it is working
but since i been using other products to make my pores smaller
idk

it does burn when i put it on my face
but only when i apply it
i don't see no dirt on the cotten pad
so it's not the best toner out there

if you use neutrogena products before and didn't work
this is no different
rahter buy AHA / BHA lotion then as a toner cause it holds more
in your skin

on 11/27/2010 10:05:00 PM

For some reason I keep buying toners even though I don't use them regularly. However, I figure they're good to keep in the house for when I do require them so I've been holding onto my collection. Out of the few that I own, this is my least favorite because it leaves a sort of film on my skin that feels unpleasant and unclean. Another complaint I have with this toner is that it advertises that it contains AHA and BHA, but the bottle does not list the concentration. I find this suspicious. I suspect that it may contain below the minimum suggested amounts for skin maintenance. Finally, I've lost faith in this "pore refining" line after a mixed experience with the Pore Refining Cleanser (see my other review).

With all the negatives here, I do want to be fair and write that I still like Neutrogena as a brand for skincare. Aside from the Pore Refining products, there has only been one product that didn't work at all for me - the rest have been fine.

on 11/14/2010 11:32:00 PM

so i've been using this product for awhile now and it really has made a big difference for the pores on my cheeks and nose. and seeing that i have moved to using it all over my face... but recently i've noticed fine lines around my jaw line and in between my eyebrows i've never had them before and shouldn't at 22 right? maybe this is what is doing it and i should just stick to my cheeks and nose with this one.. anyone else having this problem i'll be relieved if this is why.

on 9/13/2010 1:57:00 PM

Favourite toner! All the other toners I tried didn't make a difference to my skin or worse, dried my skin out. But this one really does make my pores appear smaller, dry out blemishes (which I get sometimes when I stray and change my skincare routine), and it has a light and refreshing scent. It makes my skin sort of glow and it's affordable. :)

This product is pretty amazing! It has never stung my face when I put it on, and it actually feels really refreshing. I have seen a reduction in my acne, and it leaves my skin feeling really soft. However, I always take off the cap to apply my toner because the tiny hole in the cap gives too little product. I will definitely be buying this again!