Philosophy Baby Grace

3.7

on 2/8/2007 2:16:00 AM

I have been loving Pure Grace and then decided to try Baby Grace. It has a violet (somewhat candy-like, similar to those violet candies - the name of which escapes me now...) that I really like and then mixed with some light floral and musk-like notes. The trick is you only wear a bit of this fragrance or layer it to 'get' the subtle notes of it. It's not meant to be doused on. Well, no fragrance should be -- but the point of the "Grace" line of fragrances is lightness. I think many miss this or are not people that like/understand that area of wearing certain fragrances.

on 1/22/2007 3:14:00 PM

The violet in this makes it completely unwearable for me. Baby Grace, they've called it? I'm not sure why. My babies don't smell like this, and I've not bought violet-scented baby products to help that scent along. However, it is quite soft and stays very close to the skin, so that's a plus. Just not for me.

on 1/13/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this at work and I use it on my hands daily, love the very slight yet baby fresh smell. We have a girl who gets really bad headaches if someone uses purfume or body lotion but this one is so faint if does not bother her. I just think it is wonderful and often when I go out at night I will suppliment it with the perfume spray.

on 1/2/2007 1:42:00 PM

I loved this stuff at first. I liked the clean smell of it, so it was my go-to work perfume...until one of my coworkers walked by me and started sniffing the air. "Do you smell that? It smells like soap. Like cheap soap." I haven't worn it since.

on 12/28/2006 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this scent. It's clean, fresh, and soft. I tend to be sensitive to fragrance so I was very happy to find that this one didn't bother me a bit. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long so I only gave it 4 lippies. After this bottle is gone I'll be looking for something new that will last longer.

on 12/13/2006 4:36:00 PM

I am just not a fan of the Philosophy line. I have watched them sell their products on QVC all the time, so just recently i purchased both Baby Grace and Falling in Love. Both of them are just alright in my opinion. Nothing spectacular like they make them out to be. I will use what I have, but will not repurchase. There are just so many other good scents in the stores, which are more affortable.

on 12/11/2006 2:55:00 PM

This smells so good, just like Clean perfume. Only problem is it doesn't last, not even for HALF AND HOUR. I love it but can't waste my money on it!

I bought a bottle of this sight unseen (or rather, smell unsniffed?) and was bitterly disappointed. I was expecting a light, powdery, sweet, innocent fragrance and thought instead it smelled like grapes or something, like grape Kool-ade. I gave my bottle away. Very bad -- I'm glad my baby doesn't smell like this!!

on 11/24/2006 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My least favourite of the three Graces. I sometimes go for baby-powder smells (such as Body Shop's White Musk), but this is not powdery, more like milky violets. It's not horrible, just sugary and rather thin and watery. For a light, happy, childish scent, I'd prefer l'Occitane's new Honey Water.

on 10/5/2006 8:26:00 PM

When I want to be nurtured I grab for this scent. It makes me feel like being cuddled in my mother's arms. I don't get compliments on this one the way I do with Amazing Grace, but it is something I wear for me. My mother loves this one too!

Popular Fragrances