April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 2:16:00 AM More reviews by nycgal

I have been loving Pure Grace and then decided to try Baby Grace. It has a violet (somewhat candy-like, similar to those violet candies - the name of which escapes me now...) that I really like and then mixed with some light floral and musk-like notes. The trick is you only wear a bit of this fragrance or layer it to 'get' the subtle notes of it. It's not meant to be doused on. Well, no fragrance should be -- but the point of the "Grace" line of fragrances is lightness. I think many miss this or are not people that like/understand that area of wearing certain fragrances.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

The violet in this makes it completely unwearable for me. Baby Grace, they've called it? I'm not sure why. My babies don't smell like this, and I've not bought violet-scented baby products to help that scent along. However, it is quite soft and stays very close to the skin, so that's a plus. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dianean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this at work and I use it on my hands daily, love the very slight yet baby fresh smell. We have a girl who gets really bad headaches if someone uses purfume or body lotion but this one is so faint if does not bother her. I just think it is wonderful and often when I go out at night I will suppliment it with the perfume spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by oojoy

I loved this stuff at first. I liked the clean smell of it, so it was my go-to work perfume...until one of my coworkers walked by me and started sniffing the air. "Do you smell that? It smells like soap. Like cheap soap." I haven't worn it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 9:08:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scent. It's clean, fresh, and soft. I tend to be sensitive to fragrance so I was very happy to find that this one didn't bother me a bit. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long so I only gave it 4 lippies. After this bottle is gone I'll be looking for something new that will last longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I am just not a fan of the Philosophy line. I have watched them sell their products on QVC all the time, so just recently i purchased both Baby Grace and Falling in Love. Both of them are just alright in my opinion. Nothing spectacular like they make them out to be. I will use what I have, but will not repurchase. There are just so many other good scents in the stores, which are more affortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by maureen01

This smells so good, just like Clean perfume. Only problem is it doesn't last, not even for HALF AND HOUR. I love it but can't waste my money on it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

I bought a bottle of this sight unseen (or rather, smell unsniffed?) and was bitterly disappointed. I was expecting a light, powdery, sweet, innocent fragrance and thought instead it smelled like grapes or something, like grape Kool-ade. I gave my bottle away. Very bad -- I'm glad my baby doesn't smell like this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Scenta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My least favourite of the three Graces. I sometimes go for baby-powder smells (such as Body Shop's White Musk), but this is not powdery, more like milky violets. It's not horrible, just sugary and rather thin and watery. For a light, happy, childish scent, I'd prefer l'Occitane's new Honey Water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I want to be nurtured I grab for this scent. It makes me feel like being cuddled in my mother's arms. I don't get compliments on this one the way I do with Amazing Grace, but it is something I wear for me. My mother loves this one too!