October 2, 2014 | 1789 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I had high hopes for this primer because it's silicone-free and I have a very oily T-zone. I got a sample from Sephora and have been using this primer altogether for a week or so. Unfortunately, this primer seems to act like any old moisturizer (which I'm not looking for) - I don't find that it holds my foundation longer like a primer should, my T-zone isn't noticeably less oily (although compared to other primers I have tried, this primer is better in this regard), the smell is weird, and it's expensive ($40 CDN). A good point is that is hasn't broken me out yet!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupmiller

First off this primer made me break out. I got a sample a while ago and actually liked the way it made my foundation look and I had no problems with it but as soon as I bought the full sized primer and started using it more, it made me break out. Also I noticed a really foul smell with the primer almost like it had gone bad so i returned it and got another tube thinking the previous tube had gone past its shelf life only to be disappointed again not immediately but after maybe 2 months the foul smell returned...wont be purchasing this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swear this made my oily skin even more shiny. Glad I only had a sample from sephora and didnt go out and purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

i'm using the TM from the same line. and i bought the primer thinking that it will help in some way. unfortunately it did not. firstly, it did not help TM stay on longer, secondly it did nothing to control oil, in fact it made me even more oily!! my nose was so shiny when i use this. thirdly, it stings like helllll when i apply it around the eye area!!(& i only put a little) plus it did not help diminish fine lines or make the make-up look better in any way. Don't ever waste your money this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by M3Princess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this at full price per recommendation of Sephora lady even after I told her I have very oily skin and prone to breakouts.
After applying it, I didn't notice any difference in the staying power or the look of my foundation. Used Lancome's teint idole ultra specifically for oily skin and also tried it with MUFE HD invisible cover foundation and didn't notice a difference using either one. Don't get me wrong, both Lancome and MUFE are equally awesome foundations all by themselves but thought that a primer would make the product last even longer and fresher looking beyond my work day, if that makes sense. Still had to use several blotting papers throughout the day and apply pressed powder after lunch at 2pm and again, at 5pm.
On top of being useless, this primer broke me out like crazy and it took my skin about a month to return back to normal.
Extremely disappointed that I paid $30 plus tax for a tube of gunk that basically does nothing except break my face out.
Don't buy this product if you have oily skin. What I do recommend is if you want to try any makeup or beauty product, get a sample and try it out first. All makeup counters at the mall have tester jars. And most of the manufacturer website's offer free samples. Do not shell out all this money before knowing how your skin will react to it first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

I originally got a sample of this primer from sephora and liked it enough to buy a full sized version when I ran out.
I have combination skin, with some dry areas, occasional breakouts and my t-zone gets oily towards the end of the day. I've tried multiple primers (smashbox, bare escentuals, sephora, rimmel, hard candy, korres, etc) and this one is my favorite so far. It has a nice consistency that isn't as slick as smashbox, which some may actually prefer though, and hasn't made me break out.
It doesn't create a perfect canvas for foundation, but does a good job without a heavy feeling of wearing extra layers of product and makes my foundation last significantly longer throughout the day (12+ hours) without making my face super oily

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Zippy19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample from sephora.com and i like it so far. makes my makeup last all day and hasn't broke me out which is a big plus, definitley will be repurchasing after my project 10 pan is over

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sunflowergirl6

I love this primer! I admit, I had very high hopes for it, but it did not dissapoint me! It doesn't break me out(and I'm VERY prone to break-outs), it makes my foundation look great, and it feel soo much better on my skin than the smashbox primer(hate the silicone)! Also, the packaging is great! Only takes a very small amount, so I think it's worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised there's so many poor reviews here! I've been using this primer for 2 weeks and it's pretty much amazing. I have normal skin, no breakouts, not acne prone (just a few hormonal pimples once in a blue moon), so I'm not sensitive to any products. I wash my face, tone, put on eye cream and moisturizer, let it sink it - and then put a tiny bit of this on. I think the key is to use a very small amount. I let it sink in for a minute or so, then apply my NARS duo concelear and the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. The foundation applies like a dream and looks so natural, like it's truly a part of my skin. It makes my foundation application so easy. I then set it with MUFE HD powder. I do end up reapplying MUFE powder once throughout the day on my t-zone, but other than that my make up looks fresh throughout the day. People have mentioned that this primer has a bad scent -- but maybe my sense of smell is non existent because I can't really smell anything wrong with it!

I'm really happy with this primer and I would definitely repurchase. I've heard really good things about the Smashbox primer, which I think I will sample when I'm done with my Laura Mercier tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is expensive and just did not work for me - what a disappointment after the salesperson at Sephora recommended it as the best. I have oily skin and it did not control the oil at all - I returned the product to the store and I'm sticking with Avon Magix.