Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 11/17/2011 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like the reviewer before me, I received this primer in the Laura mercier kit from sephora. The product that sucked me into getting the kit was the tinted moisturizer, but that will be in another reviewer.

This is the second foundation ive ever tried in my life. The first being sephora's mattifying primer, which I absolutely hate. It wad a silicone based primer that clogged my pores and made me break out so bad. But this one's different! I love that it comes into a squeeze tube and making application easy. Consistency is thin but not too watery. A little def goes a long way.

After my bad experience, I've never felt the need to use a primer but u absolutely love this product. It filled in my pores without clogging them and I could really see the difference with and without using a primer. It made my foundation go on smooth and my skin looked frickin awesome. Ive been using this primer for about 2 weeks now and it hasnt broken me out.

Def will purchase the full size once I'm done with this small tube :)

on 11/6/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If I had read the reviews on this prior to purchase, I probably would not have bought it. So glad I did because this primer works great for me. Looks like it doesn't work so hot for those women that have oily skin.

I had a sample of Smashbox Primer that was ok. Nothing great. Didn't seem to entice my foundation to stick around any longer, didn't seem to magically blur flaws. Ah-well. In fact, if anything, it made my makeup look worse. Blegh.

So, I had 500 + pts at Sephora and when they offered the Laura Mercier mini kit, I pounced. The first time that I cracked it open, I stuck with the tinted moisturizer only (probably because of the smashdown on my results from Smashbox). And, the tinted moisturizer was still pretty amazing on its own.

But, curiosity got the better of me (it always does) and I decided to go-for-it one night before going out with friends. Smoooooth, and glowing with the right sort of luminosity. I didn't look like an oil slick and, oh miracle of miracles, not only did my skin look flawless but my makeup stayed on until I washed it off later that evening.

Couple this with LM's Pot Concealer (I think that's what it's called, It's the one with three compartments. Two atop with a yellow correcter and a peach concealer, one below with finishing powder), LM's Tinted Moisturizer and honey, my skin looks like perfection and absolutely NOT overdone.

Again, I do not have oily skin and can see how this would not work for those that do. Dry to normal skin will love this.

on 11/4/2011 3:20:00 AM

At first i loved it... then i had an allergic reaction.. i was going nuts trying to figure out what was causing it... one by one changing my routine.. and this was it.. so sad cuz i loved it. :(

on 10/26/2011 4:46:00 PM

Principal result with this one: oil reservoir. Needless to say, combination-to-oily complexions beware.

on 10/24/2011 7:19:00 AM

I first tried the mac face primer and that worked well. I then bought Laura mercier as I really like her products and I love it. I don't have oily skin, so I do not find it clogging up my skin. It applies well and soaks in really quickly, and my make up looks good all day.

on 10/5/2011 9:58:00 AM

I was looking forward to buying this as i have never used a primer before and heard alot of good reviews on how good this product was!
It did nothing for my skin at all infact made my makeup look worse.
It made my makeup look thicker and more cakey!
Its put me off primers all together!!

on 9/20/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had high hopes for this primer because it's silicone-free and I have a very oily T-zone. I got a sample from Sephora and have been using this primer altogether for a week or so. Unfortunately, this primer seems to act like any old moisturizer (which I'm not looking for) - I don't find that it holds my foundation longer like a primer should, my T-zone isn't noticeably less oily (although compared to other primers I have tried, this primer is better in this regard), the smell is weird, and it's expensive ($40 CDN). A good point is that is hasn't broken me out yet!

on 9/18/2011 5:06:00 PM

First off this primer made me break out. I got a sample a while ago and actually liked the way it made my foundation look and I had no problems with it but as soon as I bought the full sized primer and started using it more, it made me break out. Also I noticed a really foul smell with the primer almost like it had gone bad so i returned it and got another tube thinking the previous tube had gone past its shelf life only to be disappointed again not immediately but after maybe 2 months the foul smell returned...wont be purchasing this product again.

on 7/12/2011 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I swear this made my oily skin even more shiny. Glad I only had a sample from sephora and didnt go out and purchase this.

on 7/8/2011 8:17:00 AM

i'm using the TM from the same line. and i bought the primer thinking that it will help in some way. unfortunately it did not. firstly, it did not help TM stay on longer, secondly it did nothing to control oil, in fact it made me even more oily!! my nose was so shiny when i use this. thirdly, it stings like helllll when i apply it around the eye area!!(& i only put a little) plus it did not help diminish fine lines or make the make-up look better in any way. Don't ever waste your money this.

Popular Primer/ Correctors