Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Parfum/Fragrance, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Lecithin, Sodium PCA, Tapioca Starch, Dehydroacetic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Linalool, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Morus Alba Root Extract, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Geraniol, Eugenol, Tocopherol, BHT

on 1/10/2010 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Received this expensive hand cream as a Christmas gift. Like other Clarins productsit's highly scented, with a ... "conservative", floral/makeup-ey scent. At least the scent fades fast and leaves behind enduring improvement to my hands, especially to my nails and cuticles. I am reluctantly won over.

The packaging irritates me - it's in a tube with a screw top. The screw top is annoying to handle with freshly-moisturized hands. And their foot cream, in the same gift box, comes with a flip top.

It's the nicest hand cream I've ever tried, but I really wish they'd dial down that scent.

on 12/16/2009 2:27:00 PM

I just couldn't get past the smell. It was not a pretty smell at all - it reminded me of the old women at church - kind of a dusty, perfumey smell. It did an adequate job of moisturizing my hands, but no better than some drugstore brands. It took a few minutes to absorb completely. If you find that you like the fragrance, you might be happy to know that it lingered for a long time.

on 11/1/2009 5:26:00 AM

It's good but I've tried better - namely SVR Creme Mains. I always dabble with the main cosmetic brand names and for SPF that's what I always carry in my purse (Shiseido, Natura Bisse, Lancome, Clarins etc. - any hand cream with SPF) - but for a staple hand cream I've been using SVR Creme Mains winter spring summer and fall for over 10 years. This Clarins hand cream - Creme Jeunesse des Mains - is good, especially if you like your hand cream to absorb quickly and leave no trace. It doesn't have a souffle texture but it behaves souffle-ishly. People with hands that are not too dry will probably love it. It has the typical Clarins fragrance that you'll find in the Hydra Quench line and the Moisture Rich Body Lotion - nice the first time but eventually it's too particular. The tube is a bit too large for the purse - in my opinion. I don't carry this one around. Won't buy this again when the tube is done because I think SVR Creme Mains is the best. BUT I do like the SPF version of this hand cream and THAT I do rebuy from time to time. (It's a bit liquidy though).

UPDATE 5/1/11: I was here today and noticed that in this review I'm raving about SVR Creme Mains - so in case I accidentally convinced someone who happens to have eczema to try it please note that as of last year I had to stop using it cause it started to flare up my eczema. I guess I might have developed an intolerance to it after all these years.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

beside the fact that the hand cream is quite expensive it is worth the price.i enjoy using it everyday , dont mind the smell but again its not a big deal to me....i would repurchase it but of course would love someone else to buy it for me hahah it just seems for the price they should make the hand cream bottle bigger, NO?!? lol

on 9/1/2009 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

best handcream i have used so far.

This product is alright. It has a really nice soft and light feel to it. It's nice to carry around in my bag. But I wouldn't say it's an HG hand cream. It's just "nice" for me.

The scent for this hand cream is way too overpowering, unless you like the smell it may not be pleasant to use it on a day to day basis.
However, the hand cream itself is good. To counter this though, is the expensive price, as mentioned by other users you can get other simillar quality creams for less. But if you don't mind this and the strong smell (which smells kind of like an old lady's perfume), then it's a good quality hand cream.

on 5/17/2009 1:30:00 AM

I was hesitant at first to buy this hand cream due to its price, but I'm glad I splurge on it cuz it did wonders for my dry dry hands. I actually don't mind the scent and it doesn't feel waxy on my hands at all. With other brands, I've to reapply every time I wash my hands, but with this one, I only need to reapply every other or every third hand wash, so I figure it will save me money on hand cream. I will definitely repurchase but it's pricey. I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I might get it during bonus point redemption events.

on 4/30/2009 9:29:00 AM

For hand creams this is pretty priceyt at over $20 a tube. However, it is really great stuff. It has a wonderful scent that is light but lasts for a while. I can still smell it after a few hours of applying. It definitely moisturizes well and worked well on my dry, flaky cuticles. I do not have really super dry hands so I don't know how well this would work on very dry hands. Also when I washed my hands I still felt moisturized and didn't feel like it "washed off". It isn't greasy and I didn't constantly "feel" it on my hands like other hand creams.

on 4/28/2009 12:00:00 PM

I bought this hand creme once because it was on sale, and because it seems to have quite good reviews. The hand cream is not super bad, it does the job in moisturizing your hands for 1 hour or 2, but for that price, I could name a dozen other hand creams that work just as decent but for a much cheaper price.
I have quite dry hands so that might be why my hands are dry again after just a couple of hours, so for dry hands this isn't good enough.
Overall, this hand cream is decent but nothing special.

Top Rated Clarins Products