December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beasley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this bronzer in both the light and medium colors and have to say this is my favorite bronzer-- it blends really, really well and does not turn orange on my oily skin. The only bad part is the cost-- $40 is alot of money but fortunately, this lasts quite awhile. When I have the money to buy it, it is a treat to add to my makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm only giving 4 lippies due to the coloring on this. As someone who is very pale I have to it apply it very sheer to be natural. It's fine milled texture is easy to blend as well. I wear it all year long. Because I only use a little I doubt I'll run out in the next 2 yrs. You get your money's worth!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to like this bronzer based on the excellent reviews I read on here, and so I went out and bought myself the light shade at Nordstrom. I am a gal with very oily and acne-prone skin, and at first I thought that the matte finish this bronzer gives was perfect for me, because it was not shimmery at all and gave a more believable tan color on my face than I had with the Bare Escentuals bronzer I was using.... recently however (after about 2 weeks of use) I have begun to get cystic pimples all over my face, and I believe it is this bronzer, as before I started using it this was not the problem... the bronzer does have talc listed as an ingredient which I have heard is bad for people with problem skin like me...oh well, will have to pray that Everyday Minerals has a great bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this bronzer.Never broke me out and give me good face BUT my problem is the color.Medium is not much color for my NC 25 and the Dark color is too much.Also is a little borring is like dark pressed powder nothing els.This is the only reason i will not buy again.BUT if you look for MATE bronzer this is great option.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MACjunky

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this bronzer and here's why: natural, tan color - not fake looking and it does NOT break me out. it's a bit pricey, but it's huge and will last a while. great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

Very pretty bronzer that I just don't reach for. It creates a nice glow and tan. I use it usually to highlight my cheekbones. It looks really nice with a little bit of gold sparkle. This is probably the most natural bronzer you'll ever find.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by eshn

I have this in Light and I bought this with the Bronzer Brush. I'm East Asian and my skin looks golden with yellow undertones and I have chocolate brown hair.

In the Bobbi Brown shop, this Light powder looks golden under the amber lighting; at home, under fluorescent lights, it appears to be light bronze and in daylight, it looks like a mild tan. I've found the perfect bronzer for my skin! It's expensive so although I use it often, I use the brush to pick it up sparingly.

Because of its golden hue, it accentuates my high cheekbones and my face structure looks less flat (I use it alone sometimes without pink-toned blushers). It looks great with conservative daytime makeup (matte/ creamy shades of yellows, beiges, neutrals and browns) and super with evening looks (shimmery shades of gold, champagne, bronze and copper). Asian eyes supposedly don't go well with yellow shades but with this bronzer, I experimented with this unusual combination and it turned out nice.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by palomino_jones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this looks like dirt on my face. It's just TOO matte. I understand the matte concept and shimmery bronzer looks awful on me, but I wish BB had something in between with just a hint of shimmer because the actual colors themselves are great.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sun_p

very boring but very safe bronzer. if youre scared about bronzers then buy this. i stopped buying it because it was time to be a bit more daring and sparkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by beccasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the most flattering and natural-looking bronzer I have ever used. I am a big stay-out-of-the-sun person, and this bronzer comes so very close to the glow that nature can give me, without the obvious sun damage. I still apply it with my very ancient Bobbi Brown bronzing brush, and I can use a light touch of the bronzer, or a heavier hand with it, depending on the look I'm stiving for.

I was going to write a review in the section for the Bronzing Powder in the Natural shade, but since I have used both that and the Light shade, I thought this was the more appropriate place to rave about both shades. As of this writing, I only own the "Natural" and love it, all year round. And I still after all this time of owning both shades off and on, can't truly make a final decision on which of the 2 is my favorite, so my next mission should be to acquire this bronzer in Light for a truly "scientific test" comparison. I gave the packaging a 4 because I worry too much that the hinge will break on this type of compact. Not super sturdy.

3/28/08 update: Acquired the Light bronzer, and it's fabulous for me, so I gave away in a swap the Natural one.