December 21, 2014 | 1223 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sw33t_lil_em

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, for a light and buildable foundation, this has fantastic staying power. It actually stayed on my face all day and it doesn't settle into fine lines at all. I also like how this gives you a very soft look. The only reason why I wouldn't purchase this again is because none of their colors suited my light asian skin :( I tried the Natural shade and it made my face orange...Oh well...It was expensive anyway..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After huge raves I decided to see on my own what incredible miracle is this super-expensive liquid foundation. I have this in #1 Ivory.
When applying, I use approx 3 pumps to blend the product perfectly on my face. The coverage is light to medium.
However, my skin is not oily, but combination - but with this I start to shine after couple of hours or so. I also don't find its finish so incredible...it seems so me like any other similar matte liquid foundation I've used before and wasn't so expensive like this (perhaps, I find Chanel mat lumiere much better).
Well, it's good product, but I guess I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Yuufa

Edit: I am using this foundation for about 4-5 years now. The quality is very good and the lasting power is good as well.
Unfortunately, I found that the fragrance is doing no good for my skin so I am looking forward to find a fragrance-free foundation.

I won't miss the packaging: the cap always cracks, which results in my foundation drying out (or you can use a tootpick...).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by LSV422

This is my first review here because I just had to rave about this foundation. I have used Prescriptives, Lancome, Chanel, Dior, MAC, etc. and this one is by far the best. I am 59 and have a bit of redness and dark spots due to sun damage, although the texture of my skin is good and I only have a few wrinkles. This foundation looks so natural, stays all day and doesn't rub off. It doesn't sit in the wrinkles either. The coverage is great without feeling heavy. Well worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Especially living in the south in the summer. This stays looking good. It covers all my pores without looking heavy. I just blend it in with my Mac 187 brush. It is the only foundation I can look in the mirror in natural light and not see my pores on my cheeks. I have normal skin mostly and this does not dry me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is great. For one it feels like you are not wearing anything. It does not have that suffocating feel other foundations give you. It is also very high performing. As time goes on the foundation looks and feels better. It never gets patchy, dirty or muddy so I don't have to retouch or reapply when I go out after work. It looks fresh till late hours of the night. The finish is matt so if you have dry skin like, you must wear something under it. I wear Decléor oil.

This foundation cost me around A$90 on Strawberrynet but let's face it you will never get the skincare value you get from this foundation from another foundation. The quality of ingredients becomes apparent when you take it off and find your skin looking healthy, clean and radiant. Nothing like the clogged up feel other foundations give you.

The colours range is very limited. Shade #2 is a tad light for me but I couldn't go to #2.5 since that was too orange. So some people may find colour range an issue, so try before you buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MB418

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/dry skin, but weather here is really humid so I thought I would switch to something lighter. But this foundation is really drying. It actually made my face feel really tight when I used it the first time. (like I had a sun burn). Also, it is very matte and look lighter on the face. I don't like how it looks on my face. I felt that it ages me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bathsheeba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So after sadly giving up on Sue Devitt (they stopped selling it everywhere in my area and I'm not a fan of online purchasing) i have been on the hunt for an amazing foundation for my oily, acne, scarred skin. First I tried Cargo oil free foundation. I was a greasy mess and it seemed to mask all of my facial contours, and sink deeply ito my large pores, so after about 3-4 weeks of use I gave up on it and began my hunt again. Thats how i came upon Sisley.

I received a sample at Neiman Marcus and immediately went home and tried it out. My friend who was with me ( a very honest, overly critical friend) thought it looked great and told me she liked it. I went back the next day and purchased it. I really love it. I use it with the Erno Laszlo Controlling Loose Powder. A perfect combination. My skin is somewhat less oilly. My pores look way smaller and my co worker said it made my skin look very soft. The best part is, that after 12hrs of wear it still looks decent. Now thats a miracle. It is really expensive but hopefully it will last a while. If you have oily skin make sure to pair it with a oil controlling powder because the foundation is not enough on its own. Also one other plus seems to be that the oil I am producing on my face seems to be thinner than before. I'm in love!!! Well I will update this review as i get more face time wth this product. Get a sample before you buy, cause its pricey stuff.

So update! I'm still using this product and loving it. But now i use it with bare minerals mineral veil. I really love it. Each bottle lasts about 6 months and i do buy two different shades and blend then together as nessary to get the right color. Seems ridiculous to but two $100 bottles but it lasts you twice as long so its the same price in the long run. I mix 1 and 2+. Its really an amazing product!

UPDATE: 09/17/09- Still love this foundation. Now i just use the colour 1, it does get a little darker after about 30 minutes on your face so maybe try a shade slightly lighter than you would normally buy. But really..... I love this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been trying this foundation - on and off - for years now (thanks to my BA who also happens to be a friend – every time I leave her shop I am packed with all types of high-end treatment & makeup samples).
So by now I must have used the content of say 2 bottles of this foundation.
I like it, but I will never spend the outrageous money they ask for it!!
Don’t get me wrong: I mostly agree with the majority of the reviewers here: this foundation is lightweight, stays put all day, is not artificial looking.
Has a lovely texture and delicate natural/herbal scent… but to me, it is just a good foundation, period.
Nothing major to it, in addition I need to put a consistent quantity, for it does not cover properly my discoloration – I need concealer in addition.
This and the price, as I said, always discouraged me from buying the retail bottle. I will stick to my various HR, Lancome, Dior, Estee Lauder foundations!
I think Sisley is a good cosmetic house (I have been trying ALL the products in the range!!!!!!!) but it is way overrated and way overpriced!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is simply the best stuff, especially if you can find a color match, I wear the lightest, but it's a little bit yellow, I mix it with with my Chanel Vitalumiere (in Porcelain), and the color and texture is perfect. I wear it over Cle de peau getle smoothing primer (as the fndtn doesn't have any SPF) and it looks good and stays put. Also, it's very comfortable on the face, not drying, and I think it keeps my skin clear and nice with all the antioxidants it has. No breakouts so far... Would highly recommend. Good stuff.