October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jumiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Vaseline!!! A few years ago I was first introduced to vaseline as a lip balm, by my husband. Since then, I've been using it as a moisturizer for any dry spots on my face or hands, and have been very happy that it doesn't make me break out. My acne-prone skin is also very sensitive, and since vaseline is fragrance-free it doesn't bother my skin. It's also hands-down the best lip balm I've ever used and it's all I use now. If you put a bit extra on your lips, especially in the center, it's a really great and shiny lipgloss. I used it on my wedding day and my lips stayed shiny for all the pictures!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sarascissorhands

Oh Vaseline,will you marry me? I keep a small jar by my bed and try to use it every night on my lips ( locks in moisture! so soft!) and around my eyes/ on my lashes. I can definitely tell when I've missed a day or two because this stuff really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by pcsnoopy28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love vaseline for its so many uses! I have eczema and my derm swears by this. He tells me it's the best and cheapest moisturizer out there. I had some really dry skin on my face from this allergic reaction I had to something and he told me to use it on my face. I thought he was nuts to be frank and he assured me it would not clog my pores (I have had acne prone skin for years...) . So I used it on my face...with a lot of hesitation and fear. Voile! No breakouts! Some pimples I had actually cleared up even though I used this on my face. I admit, it's a bit heavy to use on my face so now I only use it if I get dry from irritation or acne products I use.

When my elbows or knees get dry I use it on those areas. Works like a charm...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by hockeygirlxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

great on lips but i use it to remove my eye makeup and it breaks it up and takes it off really well when you wipe it off with a tissue. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I gave a 4 for packaging, and I mean the little blue tin, because its pocket size, but I find it hard to open sometimes.

But I put this on my lips over night and it leaves them feeling softer in the morning. I also use it when I have very little of a lipstick left because I have a palette that is empty, and I take one of the metal tins from the palette and put it on the plates of my straighteners, I then add a small scoop of vaseline using a cotton bud and place it in there to melt. I then use a cotton bud to take the lipstick thats left, and place that in there to melt too. I then mix them together and put them back into the palette. I've done this several times with MAC lipsticks that are perhaps too bright for me or that I have very little left of, and it tones them down a little and makes them last a little longer. But layers can be built up for brighter colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product!!!! SOOO many ways to use it! My fave is to use as mascara. Also dab on toothbrush and insta-exfoliator!! Before bed i apply my fave lip balm then a thin coat of vaseline. i ♥ it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

I give a 5 for the package but by the package I mean the 50g tube; convenience size one you get at walmart since I carry this in my purse all the time. I use this mostly on my lips because I use to get dry/chapped lips in the winter but not anymore since using this. Been using this stuff since I was a kid & don't plan on stopping. I'm just glad they made it into a smaller form. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this, and it lasts forever. This is the one product I use constantly and constantly, and won't bother to use another - for my lips. In the winter, my lips can get extremely dry, no lip balm with shea butter/ beeswax/ glycerin can get rid of it despite what magazine articles claim. Vaseline does the job, use it at night, use it during the day when you feel your lips are dry, and use it constantly. I guarantee that you'll feel a difference, lips are almost instantly smooth after using this. I also have a dry patch on my hand, and this makes it more smooth. The best part is that this product is only about $3-4. Everyone should own vaseline! Also, you can use it on nail cuticles, or any place on your body that is extra dry. It's not fancy, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ealvey

A little tip for ladies out there with dry lips! Slather vaseline on your lips overnight before going to bed. When you wake up in the morning, after brushing your teeth (and rinsing the toothbrush) "brush" your lips with your still-wet toothbrush. Small circular motions work the best for me. This technique will slough off all the dead, dry, flakes on your lips but because of the overnight application of vaseline, it won't cut up your lips or make them feel raw. After brushing my lips, I usually apply a chapstick with SPF for the day in order to protect my lips and prevent them from becoming chapped throughout the day. Since vaseline doesn't necessarily moisturize your lips (it's more helpful in preventing moisture loss) you can swipe a little vaseline over your chapstick if ypu want extra protection.

Another tip for vaseline? Mix a little vaseline with the remnants of used up lipsticks, placing each in a compartment of a pill box to create your own custom lip gloss palette. I've even mixed together different shades of lipstick to create custom colors. It's fun, cheap, and a great way to use of little bits of lipstick that would have gone to waste anyway.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by tailessmermaid

I use this daily as a lip treatment before I go to bed, and I wake up with hydrated lips :D. I really like how vaseline has so many uses, but it can get a bit greasy at times.