September 23, 2014 | 1394 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is just ok. I have combination skin (oily in my T-zone) and this does a good job cleaning my face in the morning and taking away the oiliness that I have when I wake up without leaving my face dry. BUT... this is supposed to help control sebum production during the day and my face is getting oily as always. So, this is a good soft cleanser but if you are trying to control the shine through the day you should try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by AllieC2875

I have extremely sensitive skin. Everything makes me break out! After trying pretty much every cleanser out there for my mild, persistent acne Cetaphil has been my skin saver. It is not a "miracle" product, it does take some time to help. But I have been using it for a year now and my skin has completely done a 180. I use the one for dry, normal skin and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I do feel like I need to use a lot at a time and I do have to use a seperate makeup remover (currently Jojoba oil, which works soo well), but none of that takes away from its truly gentle cleansing powers. Which, in my opinion, is the only way to safely and purely wash your face. I will never, ever
use anything else!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This works best if you use this with a washcloth! it gets all the makeup off completely, esp. eye makeup. Use a really soft washcloth with it, and rub it in small circles, and you will be amazed at how soft your skin is afterwards! I use this with a skin brightening lotion afterwards, and my skin looks like it did when I was 10! healthy!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by dontmakemeupgur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoy mild cleansers since I have very pale skin. This is a great product for those that have sensitive skin. I don't feel like I get enough out of it. It is not a great stand alone product unless you just aren't prone to breakouts. If you have acne, you need to stack this with something "medicated"

It does clean the face without any irritation but its just not strong enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am much more of a Cerave girl. I have mentioned in my other review I like Cerave much more and it just feels better and absorbs better in my face.

Cetaphil feels like it doesn't absorb and wash like I would like

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by SarahMae219

love it! especially in cold winter months this product does the job of cleansing the skin without drying it out or leaving oily residue behind and leaves it baby soft afterwards. I will never stop using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I love Cetaphil. This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to think it only came in the "gentle" variety which I hated because it always left my skin feeling super oily, but when I discovered this, I reluctantly gave it a try and THANK GOODNESS. Mad props to Cetaphil for understanding that not everyone who has sensitive skin has DRY skin! Some of us have very oily, acne-prone skin and it's incredibly difficult to find products that work because the acne-fighting ones irritate our skin and the sensitive ones don't cleanse efficiently enough. This cleanser is truly the best of both worlds.

The wash itself is a clear, gel-like liquid with a very mild, pleasant scent-- almost like lavender (don't worry, sensitive skin comrades, it's doesn't contain fragrance or anything like that). Cetaphil is weird because it doesn't really get super foamy (it gets like... moderately foamy) but that's because it's technically not a soap. It's non-comedogenic. Anyway, I use two pumps and mix it around in my hand a bit to stimulate the foam before gently slathering it over my face. When I'm having some serious acne issues, I like to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off because it is magical and acts almost like a mask. You can feel it working. When I rinse it off and splash cold water on my face, my skin is literally glowing. It just feels so good to wash all the grease off of my face with this after a long day! It removes makeup flawlessly too.

If you use prescription acne products, like I do, it's also really smart to play it safe and use a cleanser that is 100% dermatologist recommended. Once I started using this, I noticed a huge difference in my overall complexion. My acne, which once dominated my face, is now virtually nonexistant and I have Cetaphil to thank.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Denice85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried after really good reviews. Didn't like oh well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the first use, this was very comparable to my Neutrogena Foaming Face Cleanser. It took off my makeup so effortlessly and left my dace very clwan and soft. didn't like the smell.. reminded me of paint thinner, but if a product truely works, the smell isn't an issue. It's been a week now (using this every day) and it has really dried my skin out :( I have pretty darn oily skin but i will take oily over dry any day. I will use this when I wear foundation and want to take it off effortlessly but as for an everyday cleanser, i'll stick with Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ashl0p

I really like this cleanser. Cetaphil has always been my go-to skincare brand mainly because it's what helped me clear my breakouts back in high school. My skin type is combo to oily skin, acne prone, and I'm not sensitive to hardly any products. I used to use the gentle facial cleanser for years, but I've always felt that it was just way too gentle on my skin, which is why I think it's made for sensitive skin. Not too sure, but the cleanser did not perform well to take my makeup off and it sort of leaves a thin residue on your face, or at least it did on mine. I converted to the daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin and it works much better for me. It takes off every trace of makeup & leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. It does tend to dry out my nose a bit but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. The only slight downfall about this cleanser that I can think of is that it smells sort of chemically and it stings my eyes a little bit. But other than that, I do love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase. :)