July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by SarahMae219

love it! especially in cold winter months this product does the job of cleansing the skin without drying it out or leaving oily residue behind and leaves it baby soft afterwards. I will never stop using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I love Cetaphil. This is my holy grail cleanser. I used to think it only came in the "gentle" variety which I hated because it always left my skin feeling super oily, but when I discovered this, I reluctantly gave it a try and THANK GOODNESS. Mad props to Cetaphil for understanding that not everyone who has sensitive skin has DRY skin! Some of us have very oily, acne-prone skin and it's incredibly difficult to find products that work because the acne-fighting ones irritate our skin and the sensitive ones don't cleanse efficiently enough. This cleanser is truly the best of both worlds.

The wash itself is a clear, gel-like liquid with a very mild, pleasant scent-- almost like lavender (don't worry, sensitive skin comrades, it's doesn't contain fragrance or anything like that). Cetaphil is weird because it doesn't really get super foamy (it gets like... moderately foamy) but that's because it's technically not a soap. It's non-comedogenic. Anyway, I use two pumps and mix it around in my hand a bit to stimulate the foam before gently slathering it over my face. When I'm having some serious acne issues, I like to leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off because it is magical and acts almost like a mask. You can feel it working. When I rinse it off and splash cold water on my face, my skin is literally glowing. It just feels so good to wash all the grease off of my face with this after a long day! It removes makeup flawlessly too.

If you use prescription acne products, like I do, it's also really smart to play it safe and use a cleanser that is 100% dermatologist recommended. Once I started using this, I noticed a huge difference in my overall complexion. My acne, which once dominated my face, is now virtually nonexistant and I have Cetaphil to thank.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Denice85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried after really good reviews. Didn't like oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the first use, this was very comparable to my Neutrogena Foaming Face Cleanser. It took off my makeup so effortlessly and left my dace very clwan and soft. didn't like the smell.. reminded me of paint thinner, but if a product truely works, the smell isn't an issue. It's been a week now (using this every day) and it has really dried my skin out :( I have pretty darn oily skin but i will take oily over dry any day. I will use this when I wear foundation and want to take it off effortlessly but as for an everyday cleanser, i'll stick with Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by ashl0p

I really like this cleanser. Cetaphil has always been my go-to skincare brand mainly because it's what helped me clear my breakouts back in high school. My skin type is combo to oily skin, acne prone, and I'm not sensitive to hardly any products. I used to use the gentle facial cleanser for years, but I've always felt that it was just way too gentle on my skin, which is why I think it's made for sensitive skin. Not too sure, but the cleanser did not perform well to take my makeup off and it sort of leaves a thin residue on your face, or at least it did on mine. I converted to the daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin and it works much better for me. It takes off every trace of makeup & leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. It does tend to dry out my nose a bit but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. The only slight downfall about this cleanser that I can think of is that it smells sort of chemically and it stings my eyes a little bit. But other than that, I do love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simple, effective, non-drying. It doesn't foam which is exactly what you want. The more a product foams, the more it's stripping your skin of it's oils and the more it will dry it out. If you're looking to buy facial wash, this is it. Really though, you should be looking at micellar water. Follow my blog to find out why. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by brebird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best face wash in my opinion. I feel like a lot of people don't like cetaphil because it doesn't leave your skin "squeaky" clean but to me that's a good thing because its not stripping you down with harsh chemicals and fragrances.
I have acne and without my clarisonic when I would use cetaphil I wouldn't feel like my face was clean enough. This is the best (most affordable, gentle, effective) cleanser you can use with your clarisonic ladies!
I have used purity made simple and to me this is just as good.. actually maybe a little better for a third or more of the price.
If you do not have a clarisonic then use a clean washcloth every time you wash your face with cetaphil and go over your face twice when you are washing off makeup and this will still do the trick.
I personally think this is a great cleanser for MOST women. There are some people who this might not work for.. but over all this is a pretty safe bet for anyone looking for a gentle inexpensive cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Just WOW. I've used all types of cleansers, Clinique, LancĂ´me, Olay, Loreal etc. this cleanser does what I says it does, it CLEANSES so well that when I tone my skin I barely see makeup or dirt, it's amazing. It has a pleasant smell and the pump is very convenient. I have oily-acne prone skin and so far my face has cleared up since I started using it along with Dickinsons Toner. I found my cleanser and definetly buying some more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

Oh my gosh. This made me break out TERRIBLY. I was so excited to buy it and try it because I heard so many great things about it and good reviews. All it did though was give me a huge load of acne and make my face way more oily-er that it already is. I gave it to my mom to use though so it didn't go to waste

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Beautycrazed20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a gentle cleanser, its a little bit drying but it keeps my skin clear! Good luck :)