August 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG I could eat this stuff it smells so yummy! My husband says I smell like a giant cake. It is rich but not too greasy and sticky like Mango Butter. I love it especially during the summer after sunbathing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 5:34:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

I loved this body butter when i got it and it's one of the few I went completely through a whole jar.
I switched to more natural skincare like Weleda and Dr.Hauschka, but I'm considering buying it again because it's so comforting.
It's thick for sure, so you have to like that kind of texture and I do.
Especially in winter it's nice to massage your skin at night, making it so smooth and soft!
The jar is convenient. You just open it and live it open until you finish your work, you can dig your fingers and scoop a good amount.
It's more effective than putting plain vegetable oils directly on your skin on wet skin after a bath/shower, because many of them just seat on top without really moisturising below the surface.
Being emulsionated this one is more effective than an oil.
It works on rough skin points too and the smell is sooo good!
It doesn't smell too chocolate-y, which I love in food not in creams.
It has a sweet cocoa butter smell instead, surely adjusted since natural butters are usually not so nice smelling.
I will buy it again for sure, even if it's not that cheap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite out of all the other body butters. It moisturizes my skin okay. It lasts only about 2 weeks with using it twice a day. It's very expensive, so for the price there are butter products out there that do a better job, so I have moved on from this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

Ahh this brings back old high school memories. I have never owned this, however, but one of my best friends did and she let me use it all the time as hand lotion. My friend and I would sit together in psych class bored out of our minds applying this body butter like a daily ritual. It smelled really good, a light cocoa butter scent, and had a thick consistency. However, it was very greasy. It probably wasn't the best thing to use in public and in school, because it would cause difficulty holding pens and would grease stain my papers; I'm sure my teacher loved us. It did moisturize very well, but I would reserve this for emergencies, like applying it at night on dry winter skin. I guess it's good for sentimental purposes though, because whenever I see/smell it I take a trip down memory lane....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite Body Shop body butters! I find that it moisturizes very well, smells great, and absorbs fairly quickly. I have already repurchased it several times, and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think the main attraction of the body butter range to me is the "scent". IMO Palmers cocoa butter smells better than this, well, more chocolaty than this.
The moisturizing effect of this Cocoa butter is really nice. Smoothes my dry flaky skin due to indoor heating.
However, the price is kinda high for a body lotion. I'll stick with Palmer when I crave for a "chocolate" fix lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by lipglosseater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM59.90 / US$20
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 200ml / 6.7 oz (190g)
Ingredients: Sodium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sucrose, Silica, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Product Description

Embrace your softer side with a creamy, chocolate-scented scrub that has exfoliating ground rice and almond shell powder.

Actual Product Pic:

Texture & Scent:

This brown body scrub has lots of tiny particles (should be the crushed almond shells?) and is quite scrubby, so do be gentle while exfoliating yourself in the shower! The scent however, is sooo overpowering! *gasps for breath* The chocolate-buttery smell is quite nauseating actually, though i'm a huge chocolate fan!! I wish they would tone down on the fragrance!! Phew!!

Packaging:

This mask comes in a screw top pot as you can see, which i'm ok with, though i wish it came in a squeeze tube for hygenic reasons.

Time Test:
This makes my legs buttery smooth, and that lasts for a day or two :)

Price & Availability:
At RM59.90 / US$20, it is on the expensive side, though you get quite a lot of product! This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
I use this as it is, a body scrub! I heard that it's a great pre-shave treatment too, so girls who shave your legs may want to try this prior to shaving! :D

My $0.02:
This scrub performs beautifully!! I have dry scaly legs from sitting in an air-conditioned room all day long (and i don't moisturize *faints*). After 2 uses my legs are smooth again!! :D It's rather moisturizing too! I, however, HATED the smell cuz it's REALLY overpowering... it's soo sickly sweet that it's just gag-inducing!!

In a Nutshell:

A wonderful body scrub that stinks! lol!

Likes: Effective!!, moisturizing, easily available
Gripes: The PONG!
Repurchase: Yes

Rating: ! 4.5 Stars! Near HG Stuff! (Would have been HG stuff if it wasn't for the smell!!)

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

I'm not sure why people said this smells bad... I rather like the smell. It's kind of perfume-y. It is also very moisturizing but thick and almost paste-like. I would def buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by macforeverr

It really moisturized my skin, but it smelled odd.. just my opinion. I wont be getting this one again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

i didnt like the smell. i dont know but it has weird smell. this is my least favorite from all TBS body butters.