December 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear - ALL SHADES

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think the new Glazewear formula might be a little stickier than the old one. My new tube, however, has given me applications lasting up to 4-5 hours. This means it's great to wear to work, because touch-ups are minimal. All-in-all I really like the new formula. I don't mind a little stickiness if it means long-wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally don't like lip gloss or any lip anything for that matter. This stuff had great pigment and each color is versatile and described accuratly in the catologs- no surprises. It's not too sticky, which is the number one thing i hate about lip gloss. The only draw back is that after using it a few times, the color with squeeze out of the tube when you screw the top back on. And it seems to dry out fast in the tube. But for the price, I don't care. But my first tube ruined the interior of my Gucci purse :( so now i just carry a small seperate make up bag in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

This is a good quality gloss - nice fruity scent, good colour choice, good lastability (for a gloss), not too sticky, but I only buy it when it's on offer as I wouldn't buy it full price. It's better than the sticky gloop that is Chanel Glossimers, but not as nice as Maybelline, Barry M, Sally Hansen 18hour or Laura Geller glosses (which are my faves). I wish there was a maybe choice for "would you buy this product again?".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have used several different colors of the Glazewear. This is a light non-sticky gloss and usually on sale for around $3.00.

For the that price you can't go wrong. Non-sticky gloss is hard to come by.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this lip color. i got it in Tickled Pink and i was worried it would be a frosty shade (im not a frosty lip color kinda person) but in the tube it looked like a really pretty, creamy nude pink (similar to my actual lip color) with microfine gold shimmer in it. the shimmer wasnt big bold shimmer pieces but very subtle so it wasnt in-your-face at all. just a subtle shimmery shine. i love the color and the finish actually looked really good to my suprise. and it is SOO moisturizing! i luv that. perfect for summer with its shimmery finish. looks great with tha color blotted a bit 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by darkangel81

I have been buying this product since its introduction. I love the consistency of it, nice and creamy. I love the smell, sorta like vanilla or cake scented. I have used most of the colors throughout the years and I buy them up when they are on sale as low as $1.99 each.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i brought three of these and i'm still trying to find where the "glaze" is at. Does not make my lip shine as i love my lips to. Although i love the true red color but i have to add so much stuff to it to get it to shine. so it was a no for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i luv this gloss its not thick or sticky and it lasts long i have like about four of them

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I own two of these Avon Glazewear products, one in a gold tone that was released for a summer collection (forgot the name), another in a pink-coral-brownish color (as pictured at the top of the page). These are fairly concentrated and there is a decent amount in the tube for what you pay, so in that sense it is a good value. However, for some reason, I feel the urge to throw mine out. I think it may have something to do with the scent. I'm also not sure how long you are supposed to keep this type of product around. Mine are at least three years old and I'm concerned that because the liquid content is so much higher they might not be as hygienic when compared to a lipstick of similar age. It's not that they smell any different than the day I received them somewhat like cake batter yet something about them just grosses me out, probably because I don't particularly care for the sugary raw egg scent in cake batter, either. However, these things are a matter of personal taste and I won't dock the rating too severely because these Glazewear products don't look or wear poorly in the least. These impart a noticeable shimmer but not an over-the-top patent-leather shine or glitter effect, so it's all good in that respect. I'm used to sheerer glosses whereas this is a thicker glaze that has the staying power that glosses generally do not. The result, unfortunately, is an unappealing goopy sucking sound when removing the applicator from the tube. I'm not thrilled about this product, obviously. If Avon would make them available in a variety of scents not just your generic vanilla, watermelon or strawberry but something you really can't find a lot of places I might reconsider.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I have this in Peach Fizz and Coral Heat. Peach Fizz is a lovely peachy/apricot w/shimmer and a little bit of pearl. Coral Heat looks like a reddish coral w/iridescent glitter, but looks nearly sheer on lips.

PROS: Very inexpensive--frequently on sale for $1.99! Moisturizes okay. I personally like the slight coconutty-cake-ish scent, which fades fairly quickly.

CONS: Not very much shine--especially with a name like "Glazewear," you'd expect a LOT more shine. Not very much pigmentation, especially Coral Beat (the Peach Fizz mini has a little pearlescence that shows up). The wand does not pick up very much product, so it's a lot of effort to get even just a little product on your lips. So so lasting power.

Overall, a so-so product. Get it on sale if you want a really subtle look for your lips. But you can probably find better at the drugstore, or another better Avon/mark product (the mark Juice Gems are glossy and have more color, and are $6--I love them!).