Avon Glazewear (all)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.
This product has been reformulated under the new name: Ultra Glazwear

on 10/1/2009 1:54:00 PM

This is my favorite lipgloss of all times. I have been using it since Middle School. I love the formula, not too sticky. The colors are pretty sheer but overall they look great! I love these and I will keep buying them for the rest of my life.

on 9/24/2009 8:27:00 AM

I think the new Glazewear formula might be a little stickier than the old one. My new tube, however, has given me applications lasting up to 4-5 hours. This means it's great to wear to work, because touch-ups are minimal. All-in-all I really like the new formula. I don't mind a little stickiness if it means long-wearing.

on 9/21/2009 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally don't like lip gloss or any lip anything for that matter. This stuff had great pigment and each color is versatile and described accuratly in the catologs- no surprises. It's not too sticky, which is the number one thing i hate about lip gloss. The only draw back is that after using it a few times, the color with squeeze out of the tube when you screw the top back on. And it seems to dry out fast in the tube. But for the price, I don't care. But my first tube ruined the interior of my Gucci purse :( so now i just carry a small seperate make up bag in my purse.

on 8/29/2009 3:44:00 AM

This is a good quality gloss - nice fruity scent, good colour choice, good lastability (for a gloss), not too sticky, but I only buy it when it's on offer as I wouldn't buy it full price. It's better than the sticky gloop that is Chanel Glossimers, but not as nice as Maybelline, Barry M, Sally Hansen 18hour or Laura Geller glosses (which are my faves). I wish there was a maybe choice for "would you buy this product again?".

on 8/21/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have used several different colors of the Glazewear. This is a light non-sticky gloss and usually on sale for around $3.00.

For the that price you can't go wrong. Non-sticky gloss is hard to come by.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really like this lip color. i got it in Tickled Pink and i was worried it would be a frosty shade (im not a frosty lip color kinda person) but in the tube it looked like a really pretty, creamy nude pink (similar to my actual lip color) with microfine gold shimmer in it. the shimmer wasnt big bold shimmer pieces but very subtle so it wasnt in-your-face at all. just a subtle shimmery shine. i love the color and the finish actually looked really good to my suprise. and it is SOO moisturizing! i luv that. perfect for summer with its shimmery finish. looks great with tha color blotted a bit 2!

on 8/4/2009 5:00:00 PM

I have been buying this product since its introduction. I love the consistency of it, nice and creamy. I love the smell, sorta like vanilla or cake scented. I have used most of the colors throughout the years and I buy them up when they are on sale as low as $1.99 each.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i brought three of these and i'm still trying to find where the "glaze" is at. Does not make my lip shine as i love my lips to. Although i love the true red color but i have to add so much stuff to it to get it to shine. so it was a no for me!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i luv this gloss its not thick or sticky and it lasts long i have like about four of them

on 6/11/2009 1:53:00 PM

I own two of these Avon Glazewear products, one in a gold tone that was released for a summer collection (forgot the name), another in a pink-coral-brownish color (as pictured at the top of the page). These are fairly concentrated and there is a decent amount in the tube for what you pay, so in that sense it is a good value. However, for some reason, I feel the urge to throw mine out. I think it may have something to do with the scent. I'm also not sure how long you are supposed to keep this type of product around. Mine are at least three years old and I'm concerned that because the liquid content is so much higher they might not be as hygienic when compared to a lipstick of similar age. It's not that they smell any different than the day I received them somewhat like cake batter yet something about them just grosses me out, probably because I don't particularly care for the sugary raw egg scent in cake batter, either. However, these things are a matter of personal taste and I won't dock the rating too severely because these Glazewear products don't look or wear poorly in the least. These impart a noticeable shimmer but not an over-the-top patent-leather shine or glitter effect, so it's all good in that respect. I'm used to sheerer glosses whereas this is a thicker glaze that has the staying power that glosses generally do not. The result, unfortunately, is an unappealing goopy sucking sound when removing the applicator from the tube. I'm not thrilled about this product, obviously. If Avon would make them available in a variety of scents not just your generic vanilla, watermelon or strawberry but something you really can't find a lot of places I might reconsider.

Popular Lip Glosses