October 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear - ALL SHADES

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally don't like lip gloss or any lip anything for that matter. This stuff had great pigment and each color is versatile and described accuratly in the catologs- no surprises. It's not too sticky, which is the number one thing i hate about lip gloss. The only draw back is that after using it a few times, the color with squeeze out of the tube when you screw the top back on. And it seems to dry out fast in the tube. But for the price, I don't care. But my first tube ruined the interior of my Gucci purse :( so now i just carry a small seperate make up bag in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

This is a good quality gloss - nice fruity scent, good colour choice, good lastability (for a gloss), not too sticky, but I only buy it when it's on offer as I wouldn't buy it full price. It's better than the sticky gloop that is Chanel Glossimers, but not as nice as Maybelline, Barry M, Sally Hansen 18hour or Laura Geller glosses (which are my faves). I wish there was a maybe choice for "would you buy this product again?".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I have used several different colors of the Glazewear. This is a light non-sticky gloss and usually on sale for around $3.00.

For the that price you can't go wrong. Non-sticky gloss is hard to come by.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this lip color. i got it in Tickled Pink and i was worried it would be a frosty shade (im not a frosty lip color kinda person) but in the tube it looked like a really pretty, creamy nude pink (similar to my actual lip color) with microfine gold shimmer in it. the shimmer wasnt big bold shimmer pieces but very subtle so it wasnt in-your-face at all. just a subtle shimmery shine. i love the color and the finish actually looked really good to my suprise. and it is SOO moisturizing! i luv that. perfect for summer with its shimmery finish. looks great with tha color blotted a bit 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by darkangel81

I have been buying this product since its introduction. I love the consistency of it, nice and creamy. I love the smell, sorta like vanilla or cake scented. I have used most of the colors throughout the years and I buy them up when they are on sale as low as $1.99 each.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i brought three of these and i'm still trying to find where the "glaze" is at. Does not make my lip shine as i love my lips to. Although i love the true red color but i have to add so much stuff to it to get it to shine. so it was a no for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i luv this gloss its not thick or sticky and it lasts long i have like about four of them

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I own two of these Avon Glazewear products, one in a gold tone that was released for a summer collection (forgot the name), another in a pink-coral-brownish color (as pictured at the top of the page). These are fairly concentrated and there is a decent amount in the tube for what you pay, so in that sense it is a good value. However, for some reason, I feel the urge to throw mine out. I think it may have something to do with the scent. I'm also not sure how long you are supposed to keep this type of product around. Mine are at least three years old and I'm concerned that because the liquid content is so much higher they might not be as hygienic when compared to a lipstick of similar age. It's not that they smell any different than the day I received them somewhat like cake batter yet something about them just grosses me out, probably because I don't particularly care for the sugary raw egg scent in cake batter, either. However, these things are a matter of personal taste and I won't dock the rating too severely because these Glazewear products don't look or wear poorly in the least. These impart a noticeable shimmer but not an over-the-top patent-leather shine or glitter effect, so it's all good in that respect. I'm used to sheerer glosses whereas this is a thicker glaze that has the staying power that glosses generally do not. The result, unfortunately, is an unappealing goopy sucking sound when removing the applicator from the tube. I'm not thrilled about this product, obviously. If Avon would make them available in a variety of scents not just your generic vanilla, watermelon or strawberry but something you really can't find a lot of places I might reconsider.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I have this in Peach Fizz and Coral Heat. Peach Fizz is a lovely peachy/apricot w/shimmer and a little bit of pearl. Coral Heat looks like a reddish coral w/iridescent glitter, but looks nearly sheer on lips.

PROS: Very inexpensive--frequently on sale for $1.99! Moisturizes okay. I personally like the slight coconutty-cake-ish scent, which fades fairly quickly.

CONS: Not very much shine--especially with a name like "Glazewear," you'd expect a LOT more shine. Not very much pigmentation, especially Coral Beat (the Peach Fizz mini has a little pearlescence that shows up). The wand does not pick up very much product, so it's a lot of effort to get even just a little product on your lips. So so lasting power.

Overall, a so-so product. Get it on sale if you want a really subtle look for your lips. But you can probably find better at the drugstore, or another better Avon/mark product (the mark Juice Gems are glossy and have more color, and are $6--I love them!).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooo torn over this product..

What I love:

This gloss has fantastic texture- smooth and completely non sticky. It has good lasting power on me, even if I don't use a long wearing lipliner underneath. It also never dries out my lips.

Oh, I also love the sweet coconut/cake batter like scent. It's subtle and not overpowering. It makes applying this to my lips a pleasure.

The price is great too. It's normally about $8 Canadian a tube but goes on sale often for as litle as $3. Gotta love Avon and their constant discounts.

What I don't love:

The shade selection. Most of the colours are too cool toned for all, too dark, too sheer or much too light and opaque. There are no good YLBB neutral shades, wearable browns or peach/coral colours. This aspect really needs to be revamped IMO.

Here is the currest list of shades:

Clear- Just that...

Brown Sugar- Medium/dark warm, bronzey brown with shimmer

Tickled Pink- Light peachy/fleshtone pink with soft shimmer

Darling Pink- Light, pale mauvey pink with soft gold shimmer

Iced Pink- Very pale, sheer, cool toned pink with shimmer.

Chic Mauve- Medium purplish pink. ** very cool toned

Berry Cool- Medium rosey plum with soft shimmer

Rosebud- Medium/dark warm red with a orange tone. Soft shimmer.

Real Red- Medium/dark, true blue toned red. .

Raisin Glaze-Medium/dark bronzey plum with shimmer.

Chocolate Fling-medium taupe brown with gold shimmer.

Crimson-Dark plum with a hint of red.

Dazzling Diamond- Clear with silver glitter/sparkles.

Mirage- Light, sheer gold with sparkle.

Dynamo-Sheer pink with multicoloured sparkle.

Rave- Sheer pink with subtle sparkle.

If the shade selection were better this would be one of my favourite lip glosses. The quality of the product of the price is wonderful. I do recommend trying it if you can find a shade that you like.

What's in it? Here you are, straight from the Avon website.

INGREDIENTS: