December 19, 2014 | 1415 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Its a pearly, pale with minimal pink... Probably a better shade for pale girls with light coloured eyes. I'm an NC30/35 to NC 40 in the summer....so I'm pretty tanned. Anyways NOT a fan of this. I don't know what lipliner or lipgloss to use with this. Its not an everyday colour for me, its a more of a california girl lipstick. I tend to like neutrals and only reach for bold pinks (Snob, Saint Germain) when I'm goin out at night. Anyways, I have to moisturize my lips like crazy before applying because it looks chalky otherwise. I basically have nothing good to say about this colour. I took a risk when I did get it, I got it purely on a Back2Mac ...so I didn't really purchase it. And I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I wasn't at the counter for over 20 mins and was unable to come to a decision as what to get and in the UK they only do back2mac on lipsticks. It was summer when I got it so I figured it would be like Plink! *seashell pink* yet Pretty Please reminds me of a more pinky version of MACs old school Bubbles. And even Bubbles was better to mix and blend other lipcolours with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by staceyd2401

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty please is a frosted pale pink that looks great in the tube, I just think that the lustre texture does not go with the colour of this lipstick. It does not have a nice coverage at all, it applies very sheer and I dont feel it is buildable either. Because of the sheerness that it has it just looks like i have a pale wet wash on my lips which is not very flattering. I cannot wear this on its own, a lipgloss over the top is definately needed. Great colour, not so great formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by snakehips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty Please is a sweet light pink frosty shade. Very pretty, matches well with my cool skin tone. The formula is lustre I believe, which is also nice. Best to apply lip balm before wearing this one, as it is very light pink, and could accentuate dryness. Not too bad though. I would recommend to anyone who loves frosty/pink/dreamy colours on their lips. Good for achieving a mod look, too, if that's something you like. Sweet scent and packaging, as always.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I bought this online after watching a review on the LoveLace collection, I normally don't buy online and when this arrived I opened it and wondered what on earth I had done!! Even when I swatched it on my hand I thought I really had wasted my money, it hardly showed at all. However when I put it on my lips I fell in love, it is very, very sheer and a beautiful nude pink, pale with a little bit of a frosty shimmer.
This brings out the blue in my eyes like nothing else, I'm so glad I have this, it is what I've been searching for for ages and I didn't realise until I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by peachiieeness

My friend actually picked this out for me and I love it. I don't think it looks good on its own because its kind of frosty. I usually wear this over MAC petting pink lip conditioner and the two gives off a really nice baby pink color. BTW it is my very first MAC lipstick and I'm hooked =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first MAC lipstick and I love it! I'm very pale, so I don't have a problem with this looking too pale on my lips, plus I really like the 60's mod look of heavy eyes and lighter lips. However, I can see this shade wouldn't work for many skin tones because it's quite extreme in it's paleness. It doesn't last a really long time, but a few hours if you aren't eating or drinking. It goes on quite glossy, but I did find I had to moisturise my lips beforehand to avoid having the chapped lip look. I didn't really find the Vanilla smell that amazing, I found it smelled more waxy, which is a shame since I'd read so many reviews where people rave about it and I love delicious smelling products. I would buy again, both hypothetically and realistically...it needs several coats before you can see the true colour and I think I'll get through it quite fast. I also liked the shape of the MAC lipstick tubes until my boyfriend ruined the party and told me it looked like a tampon. All together though, I'm very pleased I bought this unique colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by diazsama

This is the perfect lipstick for when I want a more "mod" look. It makes my lips a bit pale but that's the effect that I'm looking for. It's extremely moisturizing, very lightly pigmented as barely any pink shows up on my lips. I layer "instant gold" lustergloss over it for a beautiful, natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by PixelDustDreams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a blue eyed blonde with a nice tan. NW25.

Pretty Please is a very pale pink with a hint of frost and is a bit translucent. Like everyone is saying, it's got that 1960's flair to it. U use it with Whirl liner and a touch of Nymphette gloss on top, I also pair it with smoky eyes (brown and earth tone shadows, not greys and blacks, but either would be great with it), I think it if done with the right nakeup, it can give you a very sexy look that can definitely be pulled off day or night, Love this color :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick, but it isn't my favorite. It is a very sheer pale pink. My mom commented on how she used to use a shade like this when she was in 6th grade in the 60's lol. I like it on top of another shade better than by itself, but it is a pretty color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MissBlackPants

NC15/blond/green this is my everyday lippie I'm trying to use up. It is a great sheer light pink for me. Good color but not my favorite light pink so I dont care if I loose it. Does not last long like my other lustres.