MAC Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

3.9

on 2/28/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

well i have to saay, when i first got this lipstick, i hated it. it was kinda tricky to get this to work for me but now that i know how to wear this, i love it! first, you have to make sure that your lips are very moisturized (no flakes!) and you dont just want to glide it straight across your lips...you have to use a tapping motion and its not very buildable soo dont apply TOO many layers. it doesnt really look that good at first but you have to give it 5 or 10 minutes to let your body heat warm it up and it looks amazingg =)

Its a pearly, pale with minimal pink... Probably a better shade for pale girls with light coloured eyes. I'm an NC30/35 to NC 40 in the summer....so I'm pretty tanned. Anyways NOT a fan of this. I don't know what lipliner or lipgloss to use with this. Its not an everyday colour for me, its a more of a california girl lipstick. I tend to like neutrals and only reach for bold pinks (Snob, Saint Germain) when I'm goin out at night. Anyways, I have to moisturize my lips like crazy before applying because it looks chalky otherwise. I basically have nothing good to say about this colour. I took a risk when I did get it, I got it purely on a Back2Mac ...so I didn't really purchase it. And I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I wasn't at the counter for over 20 mins and was unable to come to a decision as what to get and in the UK they only do back2mac on lipsticks. It was summer when I got it so I figured it would be like Plink! *seashell pink* yet Pretty Please reminds me of a more pinky version of MACs old school Bubbles. And even Bubbles was better to mix and blend other lipcolours with.

on 2/24/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pretty please is a frosted pale pink that looks great in the tube, I just think that the lustre texture does not go with the colour of this lipstick. It does not have a nice coverage at all, it applies very sheer and I dont feel it is buildable either. Because of the sheerness that it has it just looks like i have a pale wet wash on my lips which is not very flattering. I cannot wear this on its own, a lipgloss over the top is definately needed. Great colour, not so great formula.

on 2/13/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pretty Please is a sweet light pink frosty shade. Very pretty, matches well with my cool skin tone. The formula is lustre I believe, which is also nice. Best to apply lip balm before wearing this one, as it is very light pink, and could accentuate dryness. Not too bad though. I would recommend to anyone who loves frosty/pink/dreamy colours on their lips. Good for achieving a mod look, too, if that's something you like. Sweet scent and packaging, as always.

on 1/14/2010 2:22:00 PM

I bought this online after watching a review on the LoveLace collection, I normally don't buy online and when this arrived I opened it and wondered what on earth I had done!! Even when I swatched it on my hand I thought I really had wasted my money, it hardly showed at all. However when I put it on my lips I fell in love, it is very, very sheer and a beautiful nude pink, pale with a little bit of a frosty shimmer.
This brings out the blue in my eyes like nothing else, I'm so glad I have this, it is what I've been searching for for ages and I didn't realise until I bought it.

on 12/19/2009 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend actually picked this out for me and I love it. I don't think it looks good on its own because its kind of frosty. I usually wear this over MAC petting pink lip conditioner and the two gives off a really nice baby pink color. BTW it is my very first MAC lipstick and I'm hooked =D

on 12/15/2009 11:09:00 PM

My first MAC lipstick and I love it! I'm very pale, so I don't have a problem with this looking too pale on my lips, plus I really like the 60's mod look of heavy eyes and lighter lips. However, I can see this shade wouldn't work for many skin tones because it's quite extreme in it's paleness. It doesn't last a really long time, but a few hours if you aren't eating or drinking. It goes on quite glossy, but I did find I had to moisturise my lips beforehand to avoid having the chapped lip look. I didn't really find the Vanilla smell that amazing, I found it smelled more waxy, which is a shame since I'd read so many reviews where people rave about it and I love delicious smelling products. I would buy again, both hypothetically and realistically...it needs several coats before you can see the true colour and I think I'll get through it quite fast. I also liked the shape of the MAC lipstick tubes until my boyfriend ruined the party and told me it looked like a tampon. All together though, I'm very pleased I bought this unique colour.

on 10/29/2009 6:37:00 PM

This is the perfect lipstick for when I want a more "mod" look. It makes my lips a bit pale but that's the effect that I'm looking for. It's extremely moisturizing, very lightly pigmented as barely any pink shows up on my lips. I layer "instant gold" lustergloss over it for a beautiful, natural look.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a blue eyed blonde with a nice tan. NW25.

Pretty Please is a very pale pink with a hint of frost and is a bit translucent. Like everyone is saying, it's got that 1960's flair to it. U use it with Whirl liner and a touch of Nymphette gloss on top, I also pair it with smoky eyes (brown and earth tone shadows, not greys and blacks, but either would be great with it), I think it if done with the right nakeup, it can give you a very sexy look that can definitely be pulled off day or night, Love this color :)

on 10/13/2009 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this lipstick, but it isn't my favorite. It is a very sheer pale pink. My mom commented on how she used to use a shade like this when she was in 6th grade in the 60's lol. I like it on top of another shade better than by itself, but it is a pretty color.

Popular Lipsticks