July 28, 2014 | 1614 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Lipstick - Pretty Please

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by snakehips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty Please is a sweet light pink frosty shade. Very pretty, matches well with my cool skin tone. The formula is lustre I believe, which is also nice. Best to apply lip balm before wearing this one, as it is very light pink, and could accentuate dryness. Not too bad though. I would recommend to anyone who loves frosty/pink/dreamy colours on their lips. Good for achieving a mod look, too, if that's something you like. Sweet scent and packaging, as always.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I bought this online after watching a review on the LoveLace collection, I normally don't buy online and when this arrived I opened it and wondered what on earth I had done!! Even when I swatched it on my hand I thought I really had wasted my money, it hardly showed at all. However when I put it on my lips I fell in love, it is very, very sheer and a beautiful nude pink, pale with a little bit of a frosty shimmer.
This brings out the blue in my eyes like nothing else, I'm so glad I have this, it is what I've been searching for for ages and I didn't realise until I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by peachiieeness

My friend actually picked this out for me and I love it. I don't think it looks good on its own because its kind of frosty. I usually wear this over MAC petting pink lip conditioner and the two gives off a really nice baby pink color. BTW it is my very first MAC lipstick and I'm hooked =D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first MAC lipstick and I love it! I'm very pale, so I don't have a problem with this looking too pale on my lips, plus I really like the 60's mod look of heavy eyes and lighter lips. However, I can see this shade wouldn't work for many skin tones because it's quite extreme in it's paleness. It doesn't last a really long time, but a few hours if you aren't eating or drinking. It goes on quite glossy, but I did find I had to moisturise my lips beforehand to avoid having the chapped lip look. I didn't really find the Vanilla smell that amazing, I found it smelled more waxy, which is a shame since I'd read so many reviews where people rave about it and I love delicious smelling products. I would buy again, both hypothetically and realistically...it needs several coats before you can see the true colour and I think I'll get through it quite fast. I also liked the shape of the MAC lipstick tubes until my boyfriend ruined the party and told me it looked like a tampon. All together though, I'm very pleased I bought this unique colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by diazsama

This is the perfect lipstick for when I want a more "mod" look. It makes my lips a bit pale but that's the effect that I'm looking for. It's extremely moisturizing, very lightly pigmented as barely any pink shows up on my lips. I layer "instant gold" lustergloss over it for a beautiful, natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by PixelDustDreams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a blue eyed blonde with a nice tan. NW25.

Pretty Please is a very pale pink with a hint of frost and is a bit translucent. Like everyone is saying, it's got that 1960's flair to it. U use it with Whirl liner and a touch of Nymphette gloss on top, I also pair it with smoky eyes (brown and earth tone shadows, not greys and blacks, but either would be great with it), I think it if done with the right nakeup, it can give you a very sexy look that can definitely be pulled off day or night, Love this color :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick, but it isn't my favorite. It is a very sheer pale pink. My mom commented on how she used to use a shade like this when she was in 6th grade in the 60's lol. I like it on top of another shade better than by itself, but it is a pretty color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MissBlackPants

NC15/blond/green this is my everyday lippie I'm trying to use up. It is a great sheer light pink for me. Good color but not my favorite light pink so I dont care if I loose it. Does not last long like my other lustres.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Pretty Please is a very "mod" pale pink lipstick with just a tiny bit of shimmer, which is not very detectable on. Being a lustre finish, this is more on the sheer side, which is what makes this lipstick wearable on on MMM skintone. This is a very, VERY light lipstick and your lips definitely have to be in fairly good condition to avoid this settling in the lines and amplifying every imperfection. That said, this looks amazing paired with ultra smokey eyes and plum cheeks. Adds a sheer hint of color and decent shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by lovesmacandchanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty Please is the ultimate pale, 1960ís mod era lipstick. It reminds me of a shade you would wear if you were Twiggy or Penelope Tree in swinging London. This lipstick made me feel like I looked dated and if the "vintage" look isnít your thing, then I would recommend not wearing it by itself. Pretty Please didnít work on me. It actually looks like a light violet shade on my lips. I think this shade works best when you use at as a highlighter over another MAC lipstick.