November 20, 2014 | 1887 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - polish

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by socra_tease_me

Great price, and some really great colors. Chips off after 2 days of application, and gets clumpy in the bottle REALLLY fast, so I will now only be purchasing during extreme PMS when See's is closed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by gossipgirl12343

GREAT PRICE!!! However, there is not much pigment, or at least not in the light pink shade (Heavenlly, 478D) so the nail polish is not as good as my current fave (Pinking of you O.P.I.), however it was perfect for when I just wanted to throw somethimg on my nails as a way tp help me stop from biting them (terrible nervous habit im struggling to break). For only .99-2.99 am will be trying out colors with more pigment very soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by get_the_lipstick_free

In general I like the color I picked #207 a sort of mauvey pink, mid tone. But it did chip right away. I would probably buy again in the right color. Might actually need to try the higher end products to see about the chipping thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by BlondeBabe1986

I love this stuff! It's so cheap, so I can afford to buy lots of different colors. It may not last quite as long as the more expensive stuff, but it's totally worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i used to collect these things like they were Elvis memorabilia--i had every single color Wet N Wild made, and i'd paint my nails different colors all the time. they're so cheap, and have the widest array of colors, i'd recommend them to anyone who wanted to start a nail polish collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by skitzkid1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in "Red Red" and it works great for me. It takes two coats, and I get a nice even shade of red. After the first coat, it is a bit uneaven but one more and it's perfect. The color lasts about 1 day without chipping if you don't use a topcoat and 4 days with Wet n' Wild's "No Chip Top Coat". I'm surprized at the negitive reviews for this nail polish, but for me, it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I don't buy the 'regular' Wet'n'Wild polishes, just the Crystallic, Wild Shine and MegaLast formulas, and have had no problems. These have been reformulated I think, and are not as runny and streaky as they were when I first started buying these (years ago in high school). I have Mauve Frost 410A (pearly, medium mauve-rose), Just Kissed 205 (sheer, opalescent pinkish-white), Pink Sensation 485B (pale, shimmery pink) and Jade Frost 499A (pearly, shimmery light seafoam green). I like the wide range of colors and finishes, low price and ready availability. I think the lasting power, etc. tends to depend on which particular color you buy. I've found that the shimmery/frosty/pearly ones tend to be better-quality than the creams (which are watery and streaky). Granted, I'm not super-picky about my nails and don't mind a bit of wear at the tips and chipping. But overall, these are pretty nice for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LUVMYCAT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HAVE THIS IN "BLAZED" WHICH IS SORT OF A PEACH/CORAL. I LOVE THE COLOR, BUT IT'S TOO THIN AND TAKES TOO MANY COATS. I HAVEN'T USED IT IN A LONG TIME, BUT I JUST NOW USED IT OVER A SALLY HANSEN "DIAMOND STRENGTH" SHADE THAT I DON'T LIKE BECAUSE IT'S TOO LIGHT AND FROSTED, PLUS I JUST APPLIED IT LAST NIGHT AND IT'S ALREADY CHIPPED. I DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE IT OFF ALREADY, SO I DECIDED TO COVER IT WITH SOMETHING ELSE.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl82

these polishes are awful. the colors look pretty in the bottle, but unlike other polishes where you can use two coats to get the desired color, this polish you need 3-4. it's cheap which is the only saving grace. i will definitely continue to use New York Color instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2006 6:43:00 PM More reviews by awful_cherry

Granted, I haven't used this in years. But when I was in middle school I went through my black nail polish stage, and my mom wouldn't buy it for me so I went for the cheapest brand, which happened to be wet n wild. The stuff never dries, smears, and I could never get it to dry smoothly. Maybe I wasn't patient enough but it seemed like no matter how long I waited for it to dry it never dried enough for me to do anything with my hands without messing it up. Other drugstore brands are only a few dollars more and much better quality, imo.