April 17, 2014 | 933 users online

Blush - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush 831D Pearlescent Pink

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only WnW blush I have that I have ever liked. It was sent to me as part of a large make up swap with a friend from America along with two others, but I found the others were really orangey.

I think this blends really well, I don't need to layer it on to get good colour, I just generally like the colour and I don't think it's too glittery/shimmery either. However, I really don't like the packaging if I'm completely honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this blush is gorgeous! amazing, and at the price i don't know why i WOULDN'T buy it! i bought the older "formula" before they changed the packaging and i still haven't run out. i'm hoping the new version isn't too off since this blush is incredible. my go-to when i don't know what to wear! will purchase again(the new version) when i'm out

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kikihony

This is warm toned pink blush that suits me better than any other HE Blush, and it last quite long~ Love the price and color, will buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelyxfugitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I don't own this (yet) but I am borrowing it from a friend to see whether I like it. Thus far, I really do. I used to hate WnW- I just thought it was crappy, and cheap, and tacky. (Ironic, no? Considering I don't have the budget to buy everything HE.) However, in the past few years (welcome to college) I have been trying to convince myself that I don't NEED all the expensive things every girl wants. Most of the time, I am successful. Sometimes, with certain products, I am not. This included blush.

I was under the impression until very recently that the most expensive ones (NARS, BeneFit) were simply the best. Two brands have convinced me otherwise: Jane, which is not at my local Rite Aid anymore, and WnW, which thankfully is. I tried Jane blushes when I was still in high school and loved them (especially Blushing Blossom), but they were pulled from shelves at least two years back.

After seeing my friend wear Pearlescent Pink- and she and I have similar skin tones (peachy, fair)- I got really excited and demanded to know what it was. She proceeded to pull WnW blush out of her bag and I literally cringed. But after doing some research, I found that they do not animal test, and most of their things do not contain parabens. The reason why WnW is inexpensive is because the products are made in Mexico as opposed to somewhere like America, Italy or Germany.

I've been using Pearlescent Pink for around a week and I love it. It's a slightly warm pink (not very peachy, but warm) with sparkles. I don't think they're obnoxious, although some reviewers clearly do- I think it may have something to do with application? Who knows! I don't notice them that much- not as much as I do with Orgasm, for example.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is technically my first blush. Picked it up at Wal Mart for about $4. Although I wouldn't say it's a $4 wasted, it just didn't work for me.

PROS:
- Pigmentation (light sweep of the color is all you need)

CONS;
- Color: I thought this was the most peach/coral color compared to the other ones, but it's extremely pink! Beware :(
- Glitter: Packed with shimmers and glitters
- Price: This was on sale for $4, and I could've gotten something I liked better for the price.
- Packaging: Brush is just terrible, lid doesn't secure properly.
- Too powdery: a light shake, and all the powder gets everywhere

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

This is another great WnW product! I have been wearing this blush for a few years so when I talk about packaging, its the old version :) The color is very pretty. A nice mid-tone pink with shimmer. The shimmer is pretty subtle but I usually don't use a highlight with it as I think that is OTT. I think this shade would suit many skin tones and of course the price is faboosh!! I have seen this compared to Nars Orgasm, wouldn't say its a dupe IMO, but its a very nice shade to have in your collection. And for the price, you can't beat it. I think it blends very nicely and staying power is fantastic. Now that its summer, I don't have to use a light hand but when I am super pale def go easy with this. The packaging sucks and the brush it comes with is useless. The new version looks much more sturdy. The gray top feels like its going to pop off any second.

Def will continue to re-purchase, another great, affordable product from WnW!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by gital0ve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first and only blush. You'd think I'd be so happy with my first blush, but no. It's OK but the glitter in it is way too noticeable for my taste.
I'm a fair-medium skin tone and it's just too pink for me. You have to apply this lightly or else it will look like you're packing on blush.
The packaging isn't the greatest because you lose some of the product in the outside ridges. I threw the brush away a long time ago so I can't comment on that. It lasts for a long time though.
If you're looking for a cheap blush, try it if you don't mind the sparkly cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a fabulous blush! This is one of the most natural looking blushes I own. It truly makes me look like someone whispered something just a little naughty in my ear and made the lightest blush rise to my cheeks ;) A very natural light pinky-peach color that is shimmery in the pan, and on the cheeks, but you have to look really closely to actually see the shimmer once it's applied. Mostly it just makes the skin look kind of "glowy" The pigmentation is great- I actually applied too much the first time I tried it and I didn't actually put on all that much. The pigmentation, plus the amount of product in the pan (quite a bit for the price), and the ridiculously low price ($3! And WetNWild often has BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off sales) make this blush a winner on all fronts. This is a new staple for me. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by snowpetals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would probably have never even looked at this blush had I not read such great reviews for it, so I decided for $3 I would give it a try. It is a-dorable :) I LOVE it! I think I like it even more than my L'Oreal true match blush (which I adore), so its a great find! Cheap, looks natural on my fair skin, and has a really faint but cute shimmer to it. I like just a little bit of shimmer. It blends great and I highly recommend it. What a great find!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lookn4smitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm over the moon about this blush! I barely have to get any product on my brush to get a natural flushed look on my cheeks. There have been times when I've forgotten which blush I'm using and swirl a bit too much and ended up with crazy pink cheeks. It's just a reminder of how great and pigmented this blush is. Quick fix: just pick up some loose powder (Physician's Formula makes a good one) and buff it in OR you could swirl a cotton ball on your apples to try and tame your cheeks. That being said I have to mention the awful brush. It's tiny and scratchy. I never use the brushes that come with my blush compacts (I use a Sonia Kashuk duo fiber brush instead). However, I find the wet n wild brush to be far more abrasive than other drugstore blush brushes. If you're cash strapped, you can get a Sonia Kashuk brush for about 5 dollars. Buying that brush has been the best beauty investment I've ever made.