September 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in CLOVE n BLACK MALVA conditioner for my brand new highlited hair over black hair. I just wanna get the highlites more subtle or darker (to blend in well w my dark base), not looking for bright fake blondish higlites since I'm Asian and 25 yrs old. No more funky high school hair color like in the past. hehehehe.... For me, the result is pretty same between Clove n Black Malva. The Black malva may just bring my dark base darker. But the highlites blend in more. 2nd day, I mixed both Clove n Black malva, the result is same, too. 3rd day, I only used the Clove over kerastase pink shampoo and after KMS flat shine serum. In natural outdoor lightning, I can see more dark brownish color, just a little tiny diff from Black malva. This is a very light conditioner eventho, I haven't dyed my hair permanently for 2 yrs now. I mix the AVEDA w 1/4 Kerastase pink milk rinse out conditioner and the result is fantastic. It smooths out the hair more, detangle. But, I like to use KMS flat shine serum in 5 cents size for my long hair. WOW, my hair is unbelievably FULL of VOLUME and feels so good when you run thru your finger in it. I NEVER tried without the KMS flat shine serum after shampooing, so I don't know if the smoothness gonna be the same which I doubt it. Cos, it's kinda hard to comb thru my hair after I towel dried. That's why I put a little shine serum for easy combing. I have super fine hair but medium diameter I guess. This KMS serum works magic, too, it doesn't flat out your hair. I was amazed, cos it;s been sitting in my bathroom for more than 2 yrs and I just started using it 3 days ago and keep using it everytime I shampoo n cond. Lovely combination w Aveda color conditoner. Give it a TRY !!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is smooth but hold the style, and maajor volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Krisbee1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark brown hair with light brown higlights. My stylist has to use bleach on my hair because it is so dark, so at first my highlights look really blonde. I use this conditioner and leave it on for 5-10 minutes, and my highlights turn the perfect shade of brown. The color lasts for a long time and I only have to use it about once every 2 weeks (I wash my hair 3-4 times per week).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Brilliant! I stopped colouring over a year ago and my hair is light brown but over 50% grey in the front. I applied this today fairly generously to towel-dried hair, combed it through and left it 10 minutes. After rinsing and blow drying, I was amazed at how well this had blended out the greys with only one application and my husband was thrilled (as he hates the grey and I refuse to use permanent colour). He said it is very close to my natural colour of 25 years ago. It does leave hair feeling thicker and more glossy. Worth the $$$. Will update.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by juliemfetters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it love it love it!!!! I had very blonde highlighed hair and I just had a baby in Oct. and my hair has started falling out. I didn't want to keep highlighting and damaging my hair anymore and didn't want to completely dye it but I had so many roots. My sister introduced me to this product and I started using it a couple of times a week for 5 min. each time and it transformed my once blonde hair into brown hair. I love it. The old blonde highlights turned light brown and made my hair color blend. I started using this a couple of months ago and since then I had my hair designer dye my hair backto my natural color because I loved the brown so much. She said that I did all the dirty work for her. Now I only use it about once a week to refresh my color. You do have to rinse it off your hands I found that MUAC green tea soap works great to get it off your hands. It isn't too heavy either and I have very fine straight hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2006 10:08:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

Not too heavy or too light, very little fragrance to my nose and even then, not "clovey". Yes, it temporarily and mildly stains hands even if it's on your skin only for a short time, and will require normal cleaning products for stain removal on your shower/bath. However, it's really good at taking down brassiness and the effects are likely to last a few shampoos, so that you can choose to alternate with a cheaper conditioning option if you like. I have fairly curly/porous hair that is colored but fades and brasses over very easily. I've got enough gray hair now that I've decided to "go natural," and I'm in the process of letting the gray grow out. This conditioner has kept the brass away (brass looks extra bad up against cool gray) and takes the edge off the demarcation line between the colored and gray hair. The whole process has gone much more gracefully than I imagined.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Catzel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very nice conditioner. The clove color is for those with brown hair, but there are Aveda Conditioners for those with black, auburn, blond, and red hair. Leaves my hair very shiny and soft. I've repurchased several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by shavon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff too. I have colored my hair to a med-dark brown & this really brings out the color--refreshes it. I apply it mixed 1/2 & 1/2 w/ another conditioner, apply it first to the hairline then the rest of the hair, cap it & sit for 10-15" for good saturation. It helps a bit w/ the greying around the hairline. It isn't intended to seriously deal w/ greys tho. Best for me, besides the color oomph I get from this, is that it leaves my thick frizzy dry porous hair (think horse hair) decently smooth and shiny. I have never had that silky hair texture but this stuff + my chi flatiron, gets me as close as I've ever got.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh yeah! I needed this conditioner. I have med brown hair that get's brassy from sun. I found at Rite Aid for 16.99, I thought expensive, but I wanted to try top pick conditioner from MUA. My hair smells good and feels refreshed. Color is warm with no brassy highlights. Will definetly purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by klausner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i have only used this product once, today, according to my hair guru's directions (use on dry, dirty hair, rinse- don't shampoo- after 15 minutes) and not the manufacturer's directions (use after shampooing for 3-5 minutes). i got great saturation on my long-ago-platinum hair. my hair was a slightly reddish, deep brown. i was looking for a more natural brown, for which i usually use biolage earth tones natural brown conditioner, but as luck would have it, they discontinued it this week :/ i like it, but i don't love it like the biolage product, which incidentally is smaller & more expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite_DeVille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's expensive, but it's worth it.