April 21, 2014 | 1520 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROs

LOTS of product
range of colors means you can blend the right tone for you
heavy coverage

CONS
dries out quickly
looks cakey
cannot be used alone under powder
looks like you are wearing concealer (not the point_

Don't buy this. IMO

Just threw mine out

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I am still on the fence on this product. I have to admit, I only bought it because I was going through a phase where I thought that whatever the girl on MakeupGeek used, I needed. With that said, it's not a bad concealer... I just feel like whenever I go to use it, the concealers have a weird skin on the top, and I have to rub it around with my finger to warm it up before I can ever get any color.

The green does tone down my redness well without making me look like a witch, but I'm normally too lazy to do the extra step of green concealer, then regular concealer, then foundation. I usually use the lighter color for undereye circles, the next lightest for zits, and that's it. So I'm feeling kind of meh about this right now. I do kind of wonder if I could use the other two darker colors for contouring. I'll continue using and update if things change.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rdmontez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have researched this product for months and decided to purchase. I found reviews on this to lean either way really and actually surprised it didn't score higher on this website. I love it when you make a purchase and it turns out to exceed your expectations. I have dark circles that are hereditary and I never really expect anything to relieve me of them entirely. Wow! I was extremely impressed with this concealer's performance. I think the price point is warranted for the brand, but of course the ability to purchase something that is less expensive would be great. In this case, the results definitely leave me willing to purchase again. I find that a small amount does a fantastic job as well so it will keep doing its job for some time before the need to repurchase should arise. The packaging helps to apply with ease. Like another post mentioned, it is nice to have the various skin color shades to adapt with the changing seasons, so that is a plus not to have to buy another color. Definitely give this a try if you tend to suffer from dark circles. It will bring a smile to your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best concealer I've used to date. I have dark purplish undereye circles and this completely conceals them. I have the number 4 palette which contains the salmon shade which I absolutely love! I also use shade #16 which I use to conceal blemishes. There is no question this works wonders for me and I will definitely repurchase. The only issue with this concealer is that it can look cakey and is not as creamy as Benefit Erase Paste.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MrsFoxyLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

RETRACT 02.13.10:
It's over! I no longer love or like this product.
I felt like I had to use too much of the product to cover my "light" under eye-circles. The product gets way, way too cakey, no matter how much moisterizer you add to it. So I took it back for a full refund.

Not for me at all, but glad that it works for others!

Orignal posting:
Love, love, love this product! I have been searching endlessly for a product (corrector) that contained the right amount of "peachy-orange" color for my complexion that would help with the hiding of my under-eye circles. Although my circles are not that dark...I notice them, and that's what counts. I puchased the #4 Palette.

BTW - I get my sample to Eve Pearl's salmon corrector and concealer in the mail this week, and will do a review on that as well.

This product is easy to use and the best part is that there are 4 other colors that you could potentially use as your concealer(s) from season to season - although they are a little to sheer for me. I use my EL Smoothing Crème Concealer (14 Smooth Deep) as my primary concealer and it looks FABULOUS.

CONS:
I think it is a bit pricey, but it was well worth the $36.00 I paid for it. I wish they sold the corrector separately.
PROS:
Looks and feels great on the skin.
If you are not completely satisfied you can return to Sephora (where I purchased mine from) for a full refund. So no love lost.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish I could say that I really liked this. The texture seems to be really sensitive to temperature. Some days the flesh tones are creamy and some days it's more stiff. The color correctors though are always creamy. I do love the undereye corrector for this, it completely covers my undereye circles. It doesn't do well on blemishes and fades on acne scars. It does work decently on my redness around the nose, but I do have problems with it flaking on my dry skin. The packaging is okay, but be careful when you open it, I have accidentally dug a nail into the contents more than once. I'm not sure if I would purchase again.
5 lippies for the undereye corrector by itself

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Lessandes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer palette in the lightes available shades for testing the MUFE concealers. Since I'm a make-up artist, I won't use concealer only on my own face, so it's nothing wrong about owning different shades.

I'm pretty satisfied with the different shades, especially because it's not simply going from fair to dark, but it's more like pretty fair concealers with different undertones; yellowish, pinkish, oliveish and a dark red-orange color for concealing undereye circles. Besides I have to emphasize that the concealers are REALLY made for the pale ones of us (at least the first two shades) and it is sooo difficult to find concealers for porcelain skin, since drugstores never ever have any concealer in such a fair color and most fair concealers from other brands, such as MAC, are always either too yellow or too pink.

I really like the packaging, since I hate to rummage around in my make-up case for finding the right product....palletes make it so much easier! Besides I really like that I can hold it next to someones face to see, which shade would fit them most.

The only thing I don't really like about them is their texture: They could be a bit smoother, it seems like they are too dry and getting dryer and dryer every time I use them. I have very dry skin and if it is not properly moisterized, the concealer starts to flake and accentuate dry spots, but it happens not every time I apply it and so far it has not happenend on someone else than me.

Since I can use every shade in it, it doesn't seem so expensive for me, since the coverage is pretty good and I don't need much of it.
I'll definitely purchase again if I have finished it and I'll buy the other palettes too within the next few days.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by bonster117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so disappointed. I heard so many rave reviews from Makeupgeek on youtube and others here. I am really pale and was excited to see that the lightest shade seemed to be light enough. HOWEVER, this is so cakey. I am only 23 and have very few visible lines under my eyes. This concealer aged me ten years. It settled into every single line under my eye. No matter how lightly I applied it, or how much I moisturized before hand, I could not make this work for me. The orange corrector just stood out too much on my pale skin, even with the lightest shade over it. The only color I thought was okay was the green for the redness around my nose, but even then it caked and it just felt heavy. I don't want to feel my make-up and I could just feel this sitting on top of my skin. Too bad...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer palette just so didn't wow me. I like the MUFE Full Cover concealer and while it may be good for the different colors to be available, I found this to be a very thin concealer that I could have done without. Not gonna buy this again as I doubt I'll use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The peachy shade in this palette is the only product that has truly covered my dark circles. I dab the peachy shade into the dark half/circle area under my eyes then cover with a lighter shade from the palette.

I found that it was creasing like may other reviewers. Now, I put Clarins instant perfecting touch under my eyes first, then follow with peachy then light shades of concealer. Works great!

I am nw20 and I use this palette in the lightest shade - No. 1.