October 22, 2014 | 1034 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I want to cry! I can't get this in Canada!!! Can anyone tell me if they are Canadian if they can? I asked at the counter at The Bay and they said they don't have it anymore, but they may get some in the new year. I am in Vancouver. Any ideas?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cmayes71

This stuff is amazing. I use it as a spot concealer for my face and body. It covers spider veins, scars, acne, etc. This is hg for sure. I hope they never quit making it. You get a good amount for the money. It will last a long time. It's waterproof also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by intrepidgourmet

I bought this because I needed camouflage foundation to cover up the bruises left on my face by treatment with V-beam laser (my spider veins had refused to die with gentler lasers). I think this is the best out there, provided you find a close colour match and figure out how to apply it. I got Very Light, which is in fact a touch too light for my skin tone, from Ebay because for some bizarre reason EL doesn't sell this shade everywhere. The texture is not as creamy as other foundations and dries quickly to a matte finish with excellent coverage. It's essential to dab it first with a foundation or concealer brush, depending on the size of the flaw you want to cover, and then blend with a stippling brush to avoid a mask-like, cakey effect. And don't forget to moisturise before applying, otherwise it will highlight your pores. I only apply where needed, and then use either my Clinique Perfectly Real powder foundation or Laura Mercier loose powder to even it out. The staying power is amazing, so you will need a heavy duty or oil cleanser to remove it completely. It looks heavy on close ups, but it's great if you want to get out and have a life when your face isn't exactly presentable. Despite the EL price tag, it's very good value because a little goes a very loooong way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for several months. I bought it to cover up some adult acne I've been struggling with (thank God for Accutane). Right from the store where I tested it, I was blown away:
    - It melted into my skin perfectly;
    - It covered up almost everything (really impressing);
    - The finish was amazingly natural and matte for such a heavy, creamy formula;
    - Love the packaging, (I love tubes) you can be very precise;
    - Great price/quality balance;
    - It stayed on all day,
    So the next day I hurried back to the store to buy it. And was less enthusiastic. I've been a big fan of EL's double wear concealer and this line has a perfect match for me. But Maximum coverage had only 4 shades: Medium/Light (03) - Medium - Medium/Deep - Deep. I'm very pale (Mac15) so neither of those shades worked on me. Then I discovered that on the website of Estee Lauder, 4 different shades are listed? I went to some more stores but no, in Europe you could only get the 4 darkest shades, which is so strange since people here are pale. I really needed Creamy Ivory (01) so I ordered it on Ebay and this is a perfect match for me, I'm so happy! But really strange that in different countries, different shades are sold.
    * I've seen on Estee Lauder website that Double Wear has also formulated a full coverage foundation, there seems to be no big difference with this formula... only more shades!*

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mrclark2

I have oily acne-prone skin and this product works to control oil and covers imperfections. Unfortunately, the lightest shade is still too dark for me to even wear this as a concealer. It is also very cakey. Even with the teeniest amount of product, it looked like I was getting dolled up for a pageant. I'm upset because I've been using cheap, Maybelline mineral makeup and so far, it's better at keeping a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very creamy, long-lasting and covers everything. I will not be repurchasing for the following reasons: I need to mix the light and the medium for a decent shade that I'm not completely happy with. Can be very masky and obvious, perhaps because I can't get the match I need. Brings on the oilies mid-day and I actually need to blot. And I haven't done that in years. Clogged my pores after three days. This is heavy-duty concealer that does not allow skin to breathe. The tube will last for years since you only need so little. For equivalent value and quality I will keep my Illuminare fantastic finish and extra cover at hand.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by reesek

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. The consistency, color, and coverage is flawless. I have used other more expensive brands such as Cover FX and Make Up Forever and nothing even holds a candle to this brand. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a foundation- acne problems or none.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I had a procedure a few months ago that left me with a small but noticeable scar high on my chest, so I've been hunting around for a "super-concealer." There are quite a few of those but they're either hard to find, even online, or actually very expensive for the tiny amount that you get. Then I heard about good old EL, which is sold everywhere, and got the last of my shade (Creamy Vanilla) at my local counter. Perfection! Not heavy or cakey yet fantastic coverage, doesn't require setting powder, doesn't rub off on my neckline, lasts all day, and since it's sold as a foundation, you get a lot of product. So far I've only used it on my scar & a few spots on my neck but I'll be using it under my eyes when I finish the remainder of my other concealer. I could also see using it for special occasions when I want everything to be covered.

EDIT: I tried this on a full face today and I'm in love! Looked & felt natural & lasted all day with just one powder touch-up. I was amazed how little I used to cover my entire face (used a little extra for problem spots).

P.S. According to the EL rep at my counter, this is one of their best sellers & they are definitely not discontinuing it. I did run across an online post saying that EL is reformulating it to include more shades, which would be helpful as there are only 4 right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I loved it so much I went and bought another one.It went on like a dream considering its thicker than my usual foundation and covered everything yet looked natural.The colour 'light' matched me well and didnt oxide throughout the day.I love that this comes in a tube rather than a glass bottle,no waste and much easier to use.The packaging is classy and looks expensive.Im very impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by racheleaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is THE best foundation ever! I LOVE it! You only need a tiny lit bit to cover the whole face, but DO remember, you need to moisturize you face fully before apply this product, or it will be caky! It is a full coverage foundation, but if you apply sheerly, it won't looks heavy. Just moisturize your face deeply before apply.