September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rsflig01

My skin was going along, a bit of normal acne here and there, and I picked this cleanser up at the grocery store because Neutrogena usually makes good products . . . and Bam, my skin started to get worse and worse. I gave the cleanser several weeks and my skin was looking worse than ever. Eventually tossed it in my cabinet and -- ta da! After a couple of weeks without this cheap soap (and having made one other acne-related change to my routine), I'm my skin is better than ever!! Never using this stuff again.

This leaves a filmy feeling on your skin when you use it. Isn't that exactly what a cleanser for acne-prone skin SHOULDN'T do? Moisturizing cleansers, sure, but not this. Would highly dis-recommend any friend from using this, even though I do like plenty of other Neutrogena products!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a total impulse buy while waiting at the pharmacy. I have oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. However, I'm on Rx treatments, so breakouts are very rare. I typically use gentle, fragrance-free, unmedicated cleansers like Dove. I guess I got bored and wanted to try something new.

The menthol seemed overpowering (quite tingly), the cleanser seemed hard to rinse off, didn't remove the light face powder I was wearing. All of these should have been signs that this wasn't going to work for me. But the cleanser did help control oil, so I kept using it. My skin looked good for 4 days and then completely broke out. To be fair, I had no business buying this cleanser, it doesn't suit my skin type at all. If you have less sensitive or acne-prone skin, this might work better for you.

Pros: Inexpensive, controls oil

Cons: Hard to rinse off, doesn't remove light makeup, powerful menthol, broke me out

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Amyish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser dried my skin out so much and caused more breakouts do to the dryness. Worst wash I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my summer cleanser and overall I'm pleased. After a hot sweaty day this was really refreshing. I have acne-prone skin and this didn't really help clear my skin, but I feel that it got my skin clean. The only downside is the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This didn't do anything particular for my skin. I suffer from acne and clogged pores, and I didn't see any improvement with this face wash. I really like the concept of a cream cleanser, but this is not the one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Weilin

It's too dry for me. I didn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used two whole bottles of this stuff. I think it's great, but after learning that the nice tingly feeling was not the product doing anything but the menthol it contains, I'm not sure of its effectiveness anymore. I feel like it's not too harsh, but that it just leaves my skin feeling too waxy. Not too impressed, and will quit buying and move on to a different cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xahxha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been coming back to this consistently for more than 10 years now. i use it at night to remove make-up, and follow with an alcohol-free aloe toner, which is the best combination i've found for my easily-irritated skin. i love that it doesn't foam or drip, so i can really massage.

i get the occasional dry patch still, but that's definitely due to the peroxide wash i use in the mornings for lingering hormonal acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

This worked excellently for me, much better than the specialized Olay cleansers I'd been using. One swipe of the wash cloth removed both the cleanser and the makeup, no more scrubbing and multiple wipes. I bought the trial size not expecting much but I'm on my way out the door to grab the full size now. Great job of removing makeup and grime and not leaving my face tight or not feeling really clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by teedums

I bought this to try out, I generally steer clear of cream cleansers but thought I could use once a week or so to "deep clean". For me, it was just okay, I noticed the tingly feel on my face but I don't think it did the best job of cleaning my skin. I think I just generally prefer liquid cleansers. I managed to use up most of the bottle but I wouldn't purchase again. I have also tried Neutrogena's liquid cleanser and prefer that over this. I will give it a 3 rating overall.