Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

3.4

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 6/13/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've tried many facial cleansers, but I've always been very prone to random zits no matter how thoroughly I clean my skin. I tried this product on a whim, and I'm so glad I did because this is the only product I've used that stopped my random breakouts. I still get a pimple every now and then but the frequency has reduced I would say around 90%.
This product leaves your skin feeling tingly and it's pretty affordable too

on 5/2/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Feels quite refreshing on skin. I like to use this as a mask 2 or 3 times a week, and I can see my skin is clearing a bit, Will continue using this to see better results.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't remember how many times I've repurchased this! I have been using this for almost 7 years now. I love how creamy it is, removes pretty decent amount of make up, and the minty feeling you get afterwards. It is inexpensive so I don't think I will use any other cleanser besides this.

on 4/2/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My Favourite cleanser is cetaphil cleanser for oily skin, but this is great at removing blackheads which is why I gave it a four.
I use this every second night or when I notice back heads. I moisten my hands only squirt abit of the thick cream on my fingertips and rub my face gently. I leave it on my face for around one or two minutes and always make sure there is some on my nose, and blackheads are all gone! No scrubbing with a buff puff either!
The smell is abit strong and medicinal, and there is menthol so it does tingle. I don't break out when I use this.
A little goes a long way with the product and I like how my face feels moisturized after. I doesn't feel dry or tight - mind you a cleanser should never make your face feel dry, when you smile right after cleansing it should feel comfortable.
I like that it has no beads, and I find it is more effective at removing blackheads than the deep clean gentle scrub that I also use maybe once a week when I feel like it.
In Australia it's $13.50 for 200ml that's good. In the us it's about $6.50 and that's still good value considering the amount you get.

on 3/24/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Using this caused any little acne bumps I had to clear up very quickly, but it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive skin. The first week or so of using this, my skin felt smooth, soft and was clearing up. After that, however, I noticed it broke me out in very tiny bumps, and my skin felt dry and irritated. I stopped using it, but I will bring it out to use occasionally on areas that have broken out.

on 3/5/2012 7:29:00 PM

For some reason, I always seem to buy this product again when I just want a different cleanser from the one I use daily. I honestly don't know why because this cleanser doesn't really do anything for my skin at all.

The one thing I really like about this cleanser is the way it makes my face feel. It's gives a tingly, minty feeling (?) on my face after I wash it off, which I really enjoy. It also doesn't smell offensive or anything, it just has a nice fresh scent. However, this cleanser really isn't that good at all. It doesn't get all my makeup off, it doesn't really CLEAN my face that well, and even with the salicylic acid it does nothing for my acne.

I don't recommend getting this cleanser really...unless you really want to try it. And whatever you do, don't get the general store brand versions of this cleanser. They smell so awful! :X

on 1/20/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I was kind of timid to try this product because i was so disappointed by their one step gentle cleanser which was NOT gentle at all.
But this product is pretty nice! I have sensitive skin and eyes but the menthol is tolerable if you just keep your eyes closed while cleansing. It cleanses well and the menthol is helpful in keeping your pores tight and getting rid of excess oil. But i can see how it would be irritating if you have super senstive skin. Well, if you do, you shouldn't be using drugstore products in the first place.

This product works best for combination oily to oily
It is not that drying but it wont be the best product for people with dry skins

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For normal skin, this would be wonderful. But not for sensitive. It took about a month for this to burn up my skin, and making it very red. But, it did a really good job at keeping acne away and my pores clean. :) It's just not for me & my sensitive skin.

on 12/16/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Because of the salicylic acid and/or menthol, it stings badly when it gets close to my eyes. Not as gentle nor as effective as Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

on 11/6/2011 9:36:00 PM

I'm not a fan of this product. Even after lathering and scrubbing my face, I can still see a lot of makeup residue. On a positive note, it does leave my face feeling nice and a tiny bit tingling. The packaging isn't that convenient, I wish it had a pump.