September 22, 2014 | 1981 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ralenth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. The smell is intoxicating, and it preserved the color I put in my hair for much longer than it normally stays. My hair wasn't weighted down by the prouct, a usual issue with my superfine hair. I use it in conjunction with the conditioner and the leave-in-conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sillyme135

I really don't like this product. I use it with the Colour Conserve Conditioner. My hair gets dirty really quickly after using this (hair becomes greasy in less than a day) and it makes my scalp itchy and flaky. My hair is all limp afterwards, not bouncy and shiny. Lovely smell though. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by cimiche

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not too thrilled with the color conserve shampoo. Even with having my hair professionally colored with aveda color, it did not keep my hair from fading, even when used in combination with the cc conditioner. It did not give my hair much body, either. I will pass on purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by avanben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 50 and have been coloring my hair for decades because I went gray prematurely (thanks, mom & dad....). I have been using Color Conserve shampoo & conditioners (rinse out & leave in) for 2+ yrs. This shampoo, along with the conditioners, really conditions my hair and protects my hair color. If you're looking for a shampoo that leaves your hair "squeaky" clean, this is not for you. If you're looking for a shampoo that truly protects your color, buy these products! Several times, I've run out of shampoo (nearest Aveda store 15 miles away...) and used my daughters or my husbands, thinking, wow, my hair feels really clean! Within one week, I notice my hair color and shine fading, so I run to the Aveda store to stock up again. These are the only hair products I've ever used that I felt truly had an an impact on preserving my hair color! Try them, but give them time to see the benefits.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2006 9:53:00 PM More reviews by BassicFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't notice the buildup other reviewers talked about (but then, I have really thick, heavy hair to start with). But I swear this stuff stripped the color right off. After I had it re-colored, I had million-times-better results with the John Frieda red hair stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by slring

I love all AVEDA shampoos but this one. It made my hair feel dry and tangled.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Tiabla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: It really does protect your hair color and it smells great.
Cons: It seems to cause a lot of buildup. I alternate this product with Shampure to get rid of the buildup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers, I wanted a shampoo that would protect my color. After all, we spend all that money to get color, highlights, etc. Last year, I used a shampoo from a salon that I SWEAR stripped away my highlights in no time. The problem is...that I can't just use any shampoo, b/c my scalp is oily and prone to flakies. And, my hair is kind of coarse and porous (or so the various stylists have told me over the years). So the concern was something that would either strip the color or just be too greasy. The Aveda Color Conserve, when you are using it in the shower, feels very rich. In fact, when I first opened it up and poured a little in my hand, I was kind of annoyed - "dang, this is going to be another greasy disaster". But no...it's surprising...even though the shampoo seems very rich, my hair, afterwards, is soft and clean and the color looks great. I use this shampoo with the Color Conserve conditioner, and my hair color (including the highlights) looks great after about a month and a half of use (the other shampoo stripped my color in 2 weeks). On occasion (maybe 1 or 2 times a week), I'll rotate in another shampoo to help ward off the flakies, but mostly, I am using this shampoo and doing really well with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ladypenelope04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although it has a creamy texture, my hair felt clean. Really helped maintain my color (natural blonde dyed to dark brown) Nice nature smell, great for everyday use, I didn't feel weighed down.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by modestmaya

My fiance purchased this for me last year as a stocking stuffer, and he got me the full size bottle! I have to admit that even though I dye my hair often, I never invest in any shampoos that are designed to keep the color longer- because I thought it was a load of bull.

However, being the fan of Aveda that I am, I was pleasantly surprised at how much longer my color stayed after I started using this! I usually use red shades, which tend to wear out quickly, but the Aveda helped keep it in.

I love the scents of Aveda shampoos- they smell natural and light. I feel that spending the extra money on any Aveda products for skin or hair is always worth it.