July 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I tried this based on all the rave reviews here as an alternative to Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz serum, which has been my staple for 2 years. All I can say is that this product was a HUGE zero for me. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and I am always looking for anti-frizz products that allow me to blow-dry my hair into a sleek "Mod Squad" do. Unfortunately, this product does nothing to deliver that dream. It seems to be like the Garnier product--same consistency but less "oily" but the results are far inferior. I had a LOT of difficulty blow-drying into my straight style, and my hair ended up with even more poufiness and body than normal! Also, the price is on the high side for a DS hair product (about 7 euro) compared to Garnier. I had to smooth some Garner S&S into my hair about half-way through my blow-drying just to salvage at least some of the styling effort I put in. Needless to say, I won't be buying this again, and will stick to Sleek & Shine while I continue my search for the "perfect" hair smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 6:35:00 AM More reviews by babyduo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I apply it just before my hair dries completely... makes my hair really smooth and shiny in the morning! Don't really like the pump bottle thing though. I don't need as much as one pump on my hair especially after i've gone recently to the hairdresser's for a trim and layer so that's a bit too much. However it works great now that i've decanted it into another container - i just tip two fingers in and use what comes up. not exactly very hygienic, i know :p

great fragrance and it's not too expensive, too! definitely more affordable and works as well as, say, TiGi's GirlToys.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by thelastkiss

This was my HG serum. A few pumps on damp hair will keep my frizzy hair under control. I usually wash my hair at night and apply the product, sleep on it and let it dry overnight and then straighten it in the morning. It was the perfect anti-frizz serum. It never made my hair greasy and it kept it feeling light and shiny. However, if it tipped over it would occasionally leak.

My only problem is that with the new "Vive Pro" line, L'Oreal seems to have discontinued this wonderful product. I can't find it anywhere! What horrible timing I have to run out of this right when they discontinue it. I should have bought backups. =[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best anti-frizz styling product that I've tried so far. I bought two back-ups of this, just in case they ever discontinue it! For the price, it's a great deal, too. I use two pumps and comb this through my damp hair before blow-drying it straight. My hair comes out straight, smooth, shiny, with no frizz! Like this much better than other products I've tried that are more expensive (Redken Anti-snap, Aveda's Hang Straight)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lucid47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only anti-frizz product that works for me. I initially rubbed a dime sized amount into my hair, which didn't do much good; but, 3 or 4 good squirts of the stuff takes about 95% of the frizzies away.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2006 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this product thinking that it will tame my lion mane, it did NOT unless I want to spend an hour on my hair. Found out the formula to apply this product. Apply on towel-dried hair. Blow dry the hair and use the straightener iron to smooth the hair out. I have long, very thick and extremely dry hair therefore this product dries and breaks my hair much more from the daily tedious procedures. I'm sticking to my TBS Coconut Oil Hair Shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay frizz controller, but at the end of the day, I always end up using my Biosilk along with this. This stuff just can't do the job alone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by jamandbutter

I would give this product 3 and a half lippies if i could. This product reduces frizz by about 70% so i guess it has done enough. I've tried many other anti-frizz hair products but none of them were half as good. I use about 1-2 pumps of the product on wet hair and leave it to dry on its own. Price is reasonable for an above average product but the packaging needs more work.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MsMiaDee

Hate it! It's nothing but a big watery mess! Does nothing for my hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this stuff! it totally transformed my hair into the hair it was pre-flatiron, pre-relaxing, pre-bleaching...totally silky and soft! i actually got comments today on hair, everyone kept telling me how soft and pretty my hair was...one of my friends said it felt like a cloud! which is not to say my hair is poofy...completely sleek and shiny and GORGEOUS. despite the reviews, i didn't think this was going to work for me because my hair is as bad as it can get, but this amazing! my only complaint is that i had some difficulty finding it...i had to go to five stores before i found it. but it's so worth it! i highly recommend!!!!!!! <3 kADY