October 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by amylmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! Whenever my husband and I burn ourselves pulling something out of the oven, (or sometimes me with the curling iron) we immediately turn to this stuff. It soothes burns instantly and prevents them from blistering. It works wonders! I am amazed at how well it heals burns!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product based on the rave reviews here. It's not the miracle product I expected but I am not exactly dissapointed either. I was looking for something to soothe the horrible mosquito bites I was getting all summer long. They were differen't then the usual mosquito bites because they lasted much longer, itched and burned, and left a red scar afterwards (even if I didn't itch them). The Res-Q ointment didn't help much with this (I did find temporary relief with Band-Aid Calamine Spray for poison ivy/oak/and sumac). It did work well on regular mosquito bites as well as minor scratches. I like the smell (mild antiseptic/menthol/lavender scent). I like the idea of using this under your nose during a cold as one reviewer sugested. I haven't tried this yet but imagine this would provide some relief to a red irritated nose. I've tried this on hives and it seemed to help a bit. Again, not the miracle cure I expected, but definately worth having in my medicine cabinet. As other reviewers mentioned it does leave a light green film on the skin - but it's minor. I would recommend giving this product a try based on its versatility.
INGREDIENTS: sweet almond oil, olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (vitamin E), lavender oil, comfrey leaf and root extracts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by blueblood91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this stuff works really well on insect bites and other itchy spots. and a few days ago i accidentally cut my finger when i was chopping up bits of veggies... so i dabbed some of this ointment on the wound and it instantly stopped the bloodflow (actually it was a really small wound so there wasn't much blood anyway). however, it does leave a greenish tinge on the place where you've applied it... so the one time i dabbed some of this onto a mosquito bite on my face i looked like i had a faint bruise as if someone's punched me there... i do like the smell though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got it as a gift, at first I don't know what to do with it. One week I have a few insect bites from don't know where on different days, and they are feeling very itchy. I remember this Res-Q ointment and think I'll try it. It does lessen the itchyness a bit. Very easy to apply although you'll see this green color from the ointment on your skin - looks a bit weird (to see the green film on the skin where you've applied it). The surprise is once I used this ointment, those insects did not come back to bite me again!!! I don't think this thing has a strong smell to me, but perhaps to the insects so it repells them! I would definitely use it again on insect bites or itchy spots. Now that I read other people's review I will try it on sunburns and scratches too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by omgwoah_x3

WOW! This is officially a miracle! I got a 2nd degree burn on my shoulder which eventually got sun poisoning. I applied this to the gross looking, peeling, red, inflamed burn. Now the skin on my shoulder is just blotchy (which was expected from how bad te burn was) and dry-ish peeling. This is such an improvement. I'll just HAVE to repurchase this for burns since my fair ass always gets burnt. ;D

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used it once on my mosquito bite, and then the bite got swollen and super itchy. Maybe I'm allergic to this product?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! It cured minor cuts quickly. I am addictive to the smell of it too! I had been waiting so that I could get a bruise somehow to try it again, then I got one last week (I even did not know how I got it, it was on top of my knee, a bittle over a quarter size)...then I applied it right away when I saw it, I would say it healed it much quicker than what takes for the skin to heal naturally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hollilocks

This is an awesome product! I had to try it for myself to believe it. I recently neglected to put sunblock on the very tops of my ears. After working in the yard for eight hours I had a horrible sunburn, and my ears looked awful. They began to peel immediately. I remembered this product, and decided to give it a try. After just two applications the skin on my ears was 80% better, and by the second day 95% better. I'd highly recommend this product, and am so glad I swapped for it! Lol, the picture of Doctor Burt is a little creepy to me, but that's just me being silly. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Allardyce

This stuff is great when you have a cold, and your nose is sore. It's very soothing, and prevents the "after-cold peelies"!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

I never would have tried this product if it weren't for all the raves here on MUA, so thank you, ladies!! This stuff is really awesome, and it's a bargain too! It's great for cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc. I had a small patch of eczema on my hand that had really gotten out of control, and it was cracked, oozing, etc. I put a huge glod ob this stuff on and covered it with a bandage, and in just one days time the cracks had healed up and the itching had gone away. Smells like lavender too, which is lovely. Will DEFINITELY repurchase!