April 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by dilam

This product was not for me. I have combination skin, mainly dry but do get shiny as the day goes. This cream gave me huge pimples! I stopped using it and wasnt sure if this was causing the pimples so i gave it another try. Sure enough, the pimples came back so i know for sure, that this was the cause. It was also really greasy so i put it on at night, but once the morning came i still felt greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by miaselina

I have dry skin especially in the Winter and this product is fabulous- it's thick and creamy and hydrates really well. My absolute favourite, I'll be using this from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't care for this product as a daily moisturizer. I find it takes too long to sink into my skin and stop looking greasy. It does work well as an "emergency" moisturizer though - like to rescue any areas that have become super dry. I kind of OD'ed on acne treatments, and that + a few very cold, windy days in winter made some parts of my skin extremely dry, so much so that it was painful. Using this every morning and night brought everything back to normal condition within 2 days, but I ended up with some breaking out in the places I had put it where I don't normally have acne.

Since it's so inexpensive, I don't mind having bought it to just use in dryness emergencies. It is also probably good for dealing with raw noses from having a cold, especially because the cream felt cooling and soothing on my irritated skin. I probably wouldn't purchase this again just because other moisturizers work better for me, but I'll use it occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

I have combination skin that tends to be on the dry side in the winter, so I add this to my morning routine before I go out. I use a very small amount. It does what it advertises and I haven't noticed any breakouts or additional oil in my T-zone. It works as a hand cream as well. The wide mouth of the container is helpful for getting to every last bit of product. I would prefer if it weren't scented however.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by rrowlan6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tonight is the first night I've used Pond's Dry Skin Cream, and I have to say I love it so far!! I have dry/normal skin and the only time I ever even use moisturizer is after I've exfoliated with my St. Ives Green Tea Scrub (which is twice a week) at night. This stuff did the trick! My face doesn't feel greasy like other reviews claim... I think this cream is way too thick if you have anything other than dry to normal skin (hense the name DRY SKIN). Also, it's hypoallergenic so it won't clog your pores :) Everything is great so far, but I will edit later if something goes awry.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a drugstore moisturizer, and I came across the Pond's Dry Skin Cream. I thought it would be good, but it ended up being really greasy on my face. I already have oily skin, and this just made it worse. As a moisturizer, I think it's ok, but if there was a way to stop the greasiness, then that would be great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by KikiVM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this moisturizer!
I have extremely dry skin and cannot even wash it with water.
I have tried numerous products, most of them expensive and was always left with a reactive, irritated skin.
This product is the only one that keeps my skin healthy.
Its moisturizing action feels absolutely wonderful. And it smells fabulous.
It's the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Alyssarae94

I first got this because the skin on the cornes of my mouth were SO DRY. I tried everything and this cream really cured my problem. Then i started using it all over my face and it feels great! love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by SweetAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up by mistake when I went to get cold cream. I figured I would keep it and try it out because I have really dry skin. I was pretty hopeful because of how thick this is but it didn't work for me. It's a bit greasy for about 20 minutes, then it makes me skin feel wonderful... for less than an hour. After that my skin is back to being flakey and dry all over again, even after exfoliating and applying to moist/wet skin! I would have been a little happier if it would have smelled like roses, like the cold cream, but it doesn't. I don't really like the smell of it. I will give this one more chance in the summer, but this just isn't enough for me in the winter (I live in a very dry/cold climate). I'm also not a huge fan of the jar that it comes in because I constantly have to stick my fingers in it, even with clean fingers I don't feel like it's all too sanitary.
Alas, my search continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by thejos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very thick.
I like this cream for after the shower, or when my face has been recently scrubbed. It does its job: it moisturizes, but I hate the smell! It's stingy, and kind of reminds me of baby powder.
It's a nice cream for my dry skin, but I just don't think I can get over that smell.