Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 4/5/2014 3:20:00 PM

Background on my skin:
I have combination skin where it could be oily on some days and dry on other days. I just wished my skin would pick one or the other and be over with it, but life isn't always so good to me like that. I have always been trying out new and different lotions and creams on my face until I could find the right one and stick with it, and I hope this one is for me.

Pros:
1. Easy application
2. Made my skin smooth and soft.

Cons:
1. Has an oily feel to it, only apply this on in mid day to some patches of my face which I am feeling is dry or I apply it on after the shower and at night.
2. Caused me to break out the first few weeks of using it, but after my skin got used to it, it hasn't really given me much trouble.
3. Not a fan of the smell.

This stuff is great! It's kind of heavy, but you can get away with using it twice a day. I use it at night and in the morning, and I love it! It's fast absorbing and not greasy! The only thing is, it didn't improve my skin more and more as I used it. My skin stayed about the same.

Great product overall, fast absorbing, doesn't break my skin out, low price! Although it does reduce skin dryness, it didn't improve it over time or anything, which is why I am only giving it a 4.

on 3/24/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Miracle cream. Miracle. My skin is uber dry and my skin sucks this stuff up. Drys pretty fast too. I mean it's not instantaneous but it's pretty fast. Overall love it can't live without it.

on 3/7/2014 9:14:00 PM

HG moisturizer. Loyal to ponds now and forever. It has made such a difference with my dry skin. It is heavy, yeti can get away with using it night and morning (just have to wait long enough to let it set before makeup goes on). It is heavy, but that's why it's so potent. To me at least the texture is very soothing. The fragrance could be better and less strong, but the result I get makes it ok to ignore.

on 3/7/2014 4:20:00 PM

Ok for those of you who have severely dry skin I'd recommend to you but those who have combination (dry patches yet oily on my t-zone) DONT PURCHASE THIS! Unless you have to feel as if your face is melting off, don't. My skin use to look like eraser bits (gross I know) after the shower and my mom uses this for her dry skin but when I used it my face felt so oily! Ugh!

on 3/7/2014 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the scent of this moisturizer sooo much! I actually felt devastated when this was confiscated in one of my flights to London. This product is not available where I live so I have to purchase this online or from someone who goes abroad or whenever I have the opportunity to travel. I hate the packaging! Because it was the reason why it got confiscated. I had the same jar size on my Ponds cold cream (99.5 grams) but if you take a look at the Ponds dry Skin moisturizer it says 103.9 grams). I hope they become consistent in labeling the net weight of their products!

on 2/16/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been a loyal Ponds fan after trying this moisturizer a few years ago! I have very dry and sensitive skin, and this stuff keeps my skin smooth, soft and hydrated and has never dried me out! I use it every morning and evening after washing my face! It feels very moisturizing without feeling super heavy or oily as well. A little goes a long way with this stuff and the price is amazinnnng. Love!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty normal skin, but after I was my face it feels very dry so I always apply this cream before my make up and especially when I wear no make up. I love it! And a little goes a long way!

on 2/3/2014 12:26:00 PM

I have been a Ponds girl for so long I can't remember when I first started using it. Ponds moisturizer is my HG of facial care products. Nothing moisturizes as well for me. I have even tried other skin care regimes' moisturizers and had to "top up" with Ponds as my skin didn't feel properly moisturized. I know it is not a fancy cream with a big price tag but I have not found anything quite as good. It's gentle, rich, scentless and inexpensive. What more could anyone want?