January 30, 2015 | 1874 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Canada, it was hard to find this product, but i finally found it and tried it tonight. First of all this is a good exfoliator, its not comparable to st.ives because mint julep has very fine granules. It felt like i was using baking soda on my skin mixed with a creamy base. it was tingly but not painful, very refreshing actually. However when i rinsed it off my skin was very soft and comfortable.. I like it but i wouldnt say in love. I will try the other scrubs in this line. If i find i dont like this i will use it on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by biscuitaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing rave reviews about the Mint Julep Masque, i spotted this in my local sally's beauty supply store (i live in the UK) and it was marked down from 5.93 to 2.95 however after adding VAT it was around 3.30 so from around $9 to $5 which is a bit more than the US if i'm right. At first i thought this was the Mint Julep Masque however i was still optimistic about this as it still had good reviews and smelt nice. This went beyond my expectations, normally i feel like i need a coarse scrub for it to actually scrub however this had fine ground walnut or almond shells, and once i rinsed off my skin was so soft and smooth! I only needed to use a small amount probably 2 peas for my whole face so i think that the tube should last a while. My only gripe about this product is that it isn't widely available in the UK! and also it's more expensive here :(. however i definitely recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SUGAJAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Queen Helene products. After using the Oatmeal scrub n having a bad reaction to it, i was determined to find another Queen Helene facial scrub that would work. I bought the mint julep facial scrub n when i opened it and seen that it looked just like the Oatmeal scrub, i was a little disappointed but I still used it anyways LOL anywho it was less rough than the oatmeal n it didnt cause me to break out the nex day like the Oatmeal one did. I've been using it now for a little over two weeks, three times a week. I feel as though it really does scrub my face leaving it to feel clean and fresh. It does try it out a bit but I dont mind because I mainly use the scrub on the days i fine my face the most oily. I will definately continue to use this. The grapeseed peel masque is great too but i think im going to try the mud masque and see how that is as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! I used to use an apricot scrub to exfoliate my face about three times a week, and it was always very coarse and abrasive. This stuff is gentle, effective, smells wonderful, and it leaves the most awesome cooling sensation afterward. Plus it's less than $3!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jenallyce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Recently ran out of my apricot scrub, and been without for a couple weeks (mainly because of laziness). After reading these reviews I headed to Sallys ...and wow best scrub I have ever used. I love the smell and the texture. Left my skin smooth and seriously glowing. It may have been because I haven't exfoliated in a couple weeks but nevertheless this is now my go to. One lippie off for packaging, hate the screw cap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the search for a good facial scrub since my favorite one from Dermalogica got to expensive ($35!). I wanted to get attached to something cheaper so that I could continue to purchase it. Well, I read somewhere that Queen Helene makes scrubs so I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to check it out. The price was just around $3 (can't beat that)! So I thought it was worth a try - I love the mint julep mask afterall. I was very pleasantly surprised! My face looked smoother after just one use. I really like that the grains aren't too harsh but they are just a little bigger than I would prefer in a perfect scenario. So I am giving this scrub 4 and a half stars and suggesting it to anyone who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a good scrub.
**UPDATE** I'm removing lippies from this rating because I think the granules are too harsh for my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG i tried this today and its sooooooooooo much better than st.ives apricot scrub!!!! It's not as harsh and painful as st.ives. The scrub smells much better and just as cheap. LOVE THIS!!!!! <3 only problem is the cap but i switch the cap of my st.ives which is a flip top cap. :D so all is good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by glitteryangels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favourite facial scrub so far! What a shame, the don't sell this in SG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased thinking it was the mint julep masque (ended up getting this a week or so later) just looked at the mint julep part. However, I decided to keep it and I will say that I like it, it smells clean and free (the mint, of course!) and it gives my skin a very soft feeling. I would purchase this again. I got it from a hair store for about $3.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a phenomenal scrub. Smells terrific. I keep it in my shower and use it on my face every morning. The granules are extremely fine so I feel like it's gentle enough for every day use and it's not tearing up my skin. I have dry skin so every morning I use this to "prep" my skin for moisturizer and makeup. Does a great job getting all the flaky patches off my cheeks so my makeup goes on smoothly.