September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

3.5 Wrote a review for the Blackest Black...as stated there - love that it smells like lotion, goes on nicely & smoothly (not un-evenly or jagged lash look), gives a nice natural look. After 2coats I think that is enough. Importantly too, I feel it does NOT make my lashes feel dry nor stiff / brittle. Nice every-day type mascara but I prefer the way that Million Lashes looks if I want drama. I recall it being a little more thickening when my Mom bought it for me back in like 2009 ish, but perhaps that's b/c it takes the formula a couple wks to thicken a little as I just got 2nd time in life yest. The CARBON Black is my HG too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by redlips2

I have extremely short eyelashes so I thought I would give this a try but it smudges so fast and it clumps my eyelashes! Not just that, but it doesn't give me the volume I want. I'm now using Cherry Blooms mascara, which is 10x times better than this! It makes me look like I've got fake eyelashes. Everyone must try if you're not blessed with long eyelashes like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to swear by the Carbon Black and telescopic Then used Better than Sex for awhile and loved it but not the price every three months. all three started to flake on smudge on me. Not cool. Even when new. So after buying the butterfly one, double extend, cover girl flame out, voluminous million excess, blah blah blah. I was pooped out. Returned them all. Wanted my better than sex and carbon black back. But not the price. So I went on a limb again today and grabbed a mini Bare Minerals Lash Domination with this orig Voluminous curved wand in Very black. Holy crapolla!!!! It's better than better than sex. I used my lash domination for three thin coats and needed some more length and used one coat of this on top to lengthen. It's insane. Four people today asked which false lashes I was wearing No lie!!!!! Lash Dom worked wonders for my bottom lashes w this on top. No flaking or smudging so far. I'm in absolute looooove. This combo is unreal ladies. Remember each coat do it nice n light n thin. Ull see!!!;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Still my favorite - I prefer mascaras that deposit a lot of product because my lashes are pretty thin and unnoticeable without anything on them. Voluminous is the best at making my lashes look full without being over the top clumpy. Comfortable bristles on the mascara wand - not too wiry. I've tried other drugstore brands as well as high end dept store brands, but L'Oreal Voluminous is what I go back to each time. Definitely my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I have this in the waterproof formula.
I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't do much for my lashes, it didn't add volume or do anything extraordinary compared to other products I have used.
On top of that, I have the waterproof formula yet it somehow smudges off! which is extremely annoying because I end up with black blotches under my eyes.
Also, my lashes fall out when I remove this.
Overall, I don't like it, the quality is okay, and it's nothing great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite! I have a hard time with mascaras. High end are too heavy and weigh my lashes down. Low end are too dry and flaky and get all over my face. This is the perfect middle ground. My curl stays in aaaaaall day, the lashes stay in place and there is absolutely no flaking (unlike the waterproof version which flakes constantly all day). And even though this isn't waterproof, I've never had a problem but I don't swim in it or anything. My hg mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In all, L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara is only "good." Good length and volume, fantastic lasting time, though a lot of clumping and flaking makes all that seem a bit less impressive.

I had initially thought this mascara to be the real bee's knees, though I grew tired of needing to buy a new tube every few weeks because of how quickly it tends to dry out and get thick and practically unmanageable. I will say that this does make your lashes thick, big, and very voluminous. I'd been re-purchasing it for years before I stopped and turned to Great Lash(unfortunately which still has problems of its own.)

I really do like the brush and packaging, the black and gold is cute, classy and simple.

I still turn to this when I'm wearing eyeshadow and need bigger lashes. I don't always like the false-lashes look that this one tends to give, but if that's what you want, this one might be for you. Just do beware that the clumping isn't easy to work with at all and you'll most likely need to check for flaking through the night. In a world of crummy, itchy, and stingy mascaras, that's not so big of a price to pay!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Angie089819

I had never tried a L'Oreal mascara until I picked up this one - I usually tend to stick to the Maybelline ones. At first, I thought this was a wet mess! However, I decided to give it another go the next day and I loved it, BUT only for my top lashes. When I tried applying this to my bottom lashes it was a smudgy mess! It's a basic wand so I thought it would be fine, but it smeared so quickly and just didn't look good. Being that this mascara lasts all day for me, also means that it is a total pain to take off. Waterproof mascaras are nice but i want to at least be able to easily take them off with some eye makeup remover! Besides that, this mascara gives me beautiful, full, long upper lashes. I can deal with using a different mascara for my bottom ones, and I guess I'll just try out different makeup removers. This product is definitely worth the money since it's fairly inexpensive, and it does what it's supposed to do! I will repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was not volumisung at all as the name would suggest, i just use it ti separate my lashes but i don't notice a massive difference when i use this mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Total clumpy mess. I bought this again recently thinking it's been awhile since I've used it. Now I remember why I never bought it again. I used it like maybe 3x before I just tossed it in the back of my make up drawer. Every time I'd just get clumpy thick short lashes using this. And it smudges like crazy! I'll admit my skin is oilier than average and mascara tends to smudge on me faster but this is ridiculous. 10 mins out the door and I could look like a panda already. L'oreal makes much better mascaras. I would pass on this one.