OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

I had this in my collection for a few years now, but I have never worn it until recently. I've been sick and tired of the pinks and reds that I usually gravitate to so I moved to blues, greens and dark colors but that phase was over soon. I then just looked over my stash of nail polishes to find something different to fit my very unstable mood. I decided to try this because it was the only nude in my collection and it wasn't either bright, boring or dark. I was never a fan of the trend but I wanted to give it a try and that I don't regret. I'm an NC30/35 in MAC and it looks great on my skin and I think it would look even nicer on a darker skin-tone. The downside is that you need an application of 3 thick coats for an opaque appearance. It's a cream finish and dries with a very glossy finish. It can be a bit streaky and tricky to work with but it dries quickly and doesn't chip easily even without a top coat. It works wonders for those days when your nails aren't looking their best because it makes your nails look like their long and nicely shaped for some reason. Some of my nails naturally grow to a more rounded shape on the edges and some grow squared round the edges and bright colors and darks can make my nails look MORE uneven but with this color, my nails blend in with each other more (if that makes sense?). The application can be problematic since I've noticed that with 3 coats, the nail polish on some of the nails still looks more opaque than others. If you're wondering if it does make your fingers look thinner then I have good news for you. It does make them look much thinner and longer! Overall, It's a gorgeous color and I would definitely recommend it!

on 3/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG of all nudes. Ive tried many nudes from OPI and this is the best. Ive tried malaysian mist(too peachy) barefoot in barcelona (too brown) tickle my fran-cy(too corpse like) dulce de leche (2nd fave nude) samoan sand applies streak free and after 3 coats its opaque. It dries fast and wears very well with the OPI topcoat. Would def buy again and recommend.

on 1/19/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this polish and I definitely prefer using 3 coats and making it opaque. It doesn't stand out a lot, but is a lovely neutral shade with no shimmer, sparkle, frost etc. Looks good on my cool skin tone and I'll probably use this more over the summer.

on 1/15/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this is a gorgeous nude shade! I really like this on hands (I work in a doctor's office and don't feel comfortable wearing brights or darks on my hands). This shade makes my nails look clean & neat. My nails just look beautiful & shiny, almost like they've just been buffed to a pretty sheen. For reference, I am a Px Vellum, MAC NC 25 (or thereabouts). But my sisters all love it too (they all wear Medium Tan in Bare Escentuals). I've never tried this on my feet, because I feel like I need darks or brights down there for a shock of color. But I would totally wear this sandy shade with a pair of sexy, dressy sandals (and do a dark or bright nail with a simpler shoe). This is a beautiful shade & was worth trying out. I like it enough that I think I'm going to buy a backup bottle so I never have to be without it!!

on 1/15/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

OPI Samoan Sand is a neutral beige nail polish. This polish is quite sheer with one or two coats and begins to become opaque at three coats. Samoan Sand is almost an exact match as the skintone of my hands, making it the perfect nude shade for me. It looks best when my nails are short (finger tip length). Samoan Sand gives you a put together, polished and classy look, and it is work appropriate. Samoan Sand and Barefoot in Barcelona are my two favorite OPI shades.

on 12/16/2010 6:02:00 PM

This one is a puzzler for me and my NC30-35 skintone. I've swapped for this, then swapped it away. Then I bought it and swapped it away. And then I bought it again.

Different bottles look slightly more yellow-beige, or tan, or pale, or pink, or flesh-toned to me. I suppose it's a mix of all those and depending on my mood that day, I either mildly like it and think it's a "safe" color, or I dislike it and think it clashes with my skin. Clearly I'm still on the fence for this one. Worth a shot (or three).

on 12/15/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a perfect nude beige (with no pink) for my skin. It goes on smoothly and doesn't streak. I wish it were a tad more opaque so I could get by with two coats. (Update: I added a tiny amount of OPI San Tan-Tonio and the pleasant result was a slightly darker, more opaque polish.)

on 11/9/2010 3:31:00 PM

With one coat, this is an okay MNBB shade - a sheer, beigey nude color. However, with just one coat, it chips like crazy, so I apply two. Unfortunately, when I apply two, the color is identical to my skintone, so it looks like I don't have fingernails but just really long fingers (creeeepy... =\). Plus, this polish is very thick and gloopy, and was so even from the very beginning. The only great thing about this is the pro-wide brush. I definitely won't be buying this color again... =(

on 7/31/2010 5:40:00 PM

This is my HG nude nail polish! This is the perfect combination of peach and pink! I think you can definitely get away with only one coat but I add two or three and this gives me such a nice, neutral look!
First, I tried OPI's Coney Island Cotton Candy and I hated the color (too pink) but I returned it and tried this instead and I love this color!
I am an NC40 for reference!

Try this color, it is the perfect nude!!

on 7/9/2010 8:44:00 PM

The most perfect beautiful nude color on me. This is great on fingers,great on toes and perfect for year round use. Lovely!

Top Rated OPI Products