July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by bburgess

I tried to use this as an everyday conditioner and it didn't work out for me. Left my hair a little to oily. I would use it every two weeks of so for some deep conditioning, though.

The smell is quite terrible... like men's aftershave (Old Spice-y) or a toilet bowl freshener. My hair is thick and holds on to smells, so that makes this a huge con for the product.

Was way too expensive...wanted more for what I paid.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG treatment conditioner. When I first bought it, I tried to use it everyday, but found it pulled the curl out of my hair, as it was TOO conditioned. I have wavy to curly hair (like a 2c-3a), and each strand is thin but there are a lot of them, with obviously no protein sensitivity, and I use this in place of my regular conditioner (Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose) about once every two weeks, and it keeps my hair bouncy and frizz-free in between uses. I use it when I feel like my hair is getting a bit limp and the curl isn't as bouncy, and it revives the curl right away. Some people complain about the smell, but I LOVE it. It is really herby, but with a sweet musky overtone, and it makes my hair smell wonderful all day. I like the smell better than the Honeysuckle Rose, and wish the two smells reversed so I could have this smell for my daily! Love it, will repurchase it, and the only complaint I have is that the bottle is a squeezy deal that is hard to get the product out of. Other than that, lovely!

EDIT: I have reduced this from my original glowing review to a two-lippie review. Over the course of using this, my hair got flatter and flatter with less and less curl as the days passed. I know that some people have a protein sensitivity, and I now realize that I am one of those people... this is not the product's fault, but rather mine for not realizing that earlier. If you have no protein issues with your hair, this might be great for you!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hate the smell but love the way it makes my hair so soft. softer than the honeysuckle rose conditioner. i use this occassionally when my hair feels super dry and it makes it smooth and silky. it sucks taking aubrey shampoos/conditioners on planes because they spill everywhere :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you chemically treat your hair (perm, relax, color) then I would suggest using this at least once a week. It's that good at strengthening your hair. Since I wear my hair natural, I don't use this very much anymore. But during those times when I crave straight hair and I'm heavy on the blow dryers and flat irons, this keeps my naturally curly hair strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a protein conditioner- not an everyday moisturizing conditioner- so keep that in mind as you read the reviews below. If your hair does not like protein or does not need protein, this is not the conditioner for you.
My highlighted, sun damaged hair loves this stuff. I put it on dry hair, put a shower cap on, and leave it on for as long as I can (maybe 30 minutes) 1x per week. After shampooing it out, I usually follow it with my weekly deep treatment- L'Oreals Mega Therapy. This is just a 15 year habit of knowing to follow protein treatments with a moisturizing treatment.
HOWEVER, even if I don't follow with the moisturizing treatment, my hair is still fabulous. It is not like straw like some other protein Rx's I've used in the past.
The smell is strong- hubby says toilet cleaner- but I don't care about smell as long as it works, and this does. My hair is no longer snapping off, it's stronger, and instead of frizz- I have soft waves.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best conditioner without petrochemicals that I have found so far. Plus, I love the soft coconut protein shake fragrance better than Aubrey's other conditioner fragrances. (It smells a bit better than the matching shampoo.)

GPB Conditioner has a unique, thick consistency, maybe since it doesn't have the petrochemicals that other brands have (including other "natural" brands like Nature's Gate). I have to use a lot to fully condition my long hair, but I really enjoy the aromatheraputic experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG conditioner. I've tried practically every conditioner and this one makes my hair soft, shiny, and manageable. It's better than the most expensive salon products out there.

I love that it's completely natural, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this conditioner as it had received some really good reviews. I feel like I have been searching forever for a conditioner that is natural yet gives me the kind of soft, silky hair that I get after using one of the chemical (normal) conditioners.

This conditioner didn't quite live up to expectations. The texture does not lend itself to easy application - I felt that I was dragging it across my hair rather than smoothing it over. I don't really mind the slightly medicinal smell or the feeling after you've washed it out that there is residue on your hair. My advice with this conditioner is wash it out thoroughly. It left my hair with loads of bounce and feeling lightweight. clean and soft. It wasn't as moisturising as I liked so I now mix it with Naked Rescue Intensive Repair & Renew Hair Treatment (from Boots) and the result: fabulous, head-turning hair.
The intensive conditioner provides the moisture and the GPB provides the bounce. One thing I have noticed with all my experimentation is that the shampoo you use makes a real difference to the results so mix and match and experiment before consigning any product to the bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by somaholiday

This conditioner left my hair greasy and weighted. It felt like I needed to wash my hair multiple times a day even if I used very little. Another reason I won't buy it again is it's not vegan
(Glycoprotein from oyster shells). I do love their Chamomile Volumizing Conditioner though. Their ingredients are more minimal too, which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by steelmagnolia20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I had to return this conditioner! I went out and purchased for my damaged hair after reading reviews. Couldn't believe it when it made my scalp itch and burn and then made the ends of my hair feel like if I rubbed them together I could make fire! super drying! weird! Smell was also very strong and menthol.
UPDATE: i asked about this conditioner at an upscale salon. She said with this and other protein treatments either u love it or u hate it. she said that like me, it made her hair feel really dry like straw. too much protein is even worse than not enough for hair.!!