Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, milk protein, glycerin, myroxylon pereirae (balsam Peru) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, glycoprotein, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene. *Organic

on 1/3/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm really impressed with this product! ... since I've been slowly switching to a more organic lifestyle aka "going green" ... i've been replacing a Lot of my hair and skins products.
This GPB protien conditioner was to replace my aphogee protein treatment. And so far, I love it ten times more than Aphogee, for soo reasons. 1. My hair isn't dead hard and wiry after using this conditioner. 2. So, as well as the protien factor, is Very moisturizing. 3. My hair really has been strengthened and restored. I can comb through my hair with a Lot less breakage. 4. The ingredients are pretty much all natural and really gentle of my hair and skin.
I love it.

on 11/30/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Smell is somewhat overwhelming. It did nothing to condition my hair and i think it made it drier. Didnt like it at all!

on 11/24/2008 2:08:00 AM

I tried to use this as an everyday conditioner and it didn't work out for me. Left my hair a little to oily. I would use it every two weeks of so for some deep conditioning, though.

The smell is quite terrible... like men's aftershave (Old Spice-y) or a toilet bowl freshener. My hair is thick and holds on to smells, so that makes this a huge con for the product.

Was way too expensive...wanted more for what I paid.

on 8/19/2008 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my HG treatment conditioner. When I first bought it, I tried to use it everyday, but found it pulled the curl out of my hair, as it was TOO conditioned. I have wavy to curly hair (like a 2c-3a), and each strand is thin but there are a lot of them, with obviously no protein sensitivity, and I use this in place of my regular conditioner (Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose) about once every two weeks, and it keeps my hair bouncy and frizz-free in between uses. I use it when I feel like my hair is getting a bit limp and the curl isn't as bouncy, and it revives the curl right away. Some people complain about the smell, but I LOVE it. It is really herby, but with a sweet musky overtone, and it makes my hair smell wonderful all day. I like the smell better than the Honeysuckle Rose, and wish the two smells reversed so I could have this smell for my daily! Love it, will repurchase it, and the only complaint I have is that the bottle is a squeezy deal that is hard to get the product out of. Other than that, lovely!

EDIT: I have reduced this from my original glowing review to a two-lippie review. Over the course of using this, my hair got flatter and flatter with less and less curl as the days passed. I know that some people have a protein sensitivity, and I now realize that I am one of those people... this is not the product's fault, but rather mine for not realizing that earlier. If you have no protein issues with your hair, this might be great for you!

on 7/27/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

hate the smell but love the way it makes my hair so soft. softer than the honeysuckle rose conditioner. i use this occassionally when my hair feels super dry and it makes it smooth and silky. it sucks taking aubrey shampoos/conditioners on planes because they spill everywhere :(

on 7/9/2008 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

If you chemically treat your hair (perm, relax, color) then I would suggest using this at least once a week. It's that good at strengthening your hair. Since I wear my hair natural, I don't use this very much anymore. But during those times when I crave straight hair and I'm heavy on the blow dryers and flat irons, this keeps my naturally curly hair strong.

on 6/26/2008 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a protein conditioner- not an everyday moisturizing conditioner- so keep that in mind as you read the reviews below. If your hair does not like protein or does not need protein, this is not the conditioner for you.
My highlighted, sun damaged hair loves this stuff. I put it on dry hair, put a shower cap on, and leave it on for as long as I can (maybe 30 minutes) 1x per week. After shampooing it out, I usually follow it with my weekly deep treatment- L'Oreals Mega Therapy. This is just a 15 year habit of knowing to follow protein treatments with a moisturizing treatment.
HOWEVER, even if I don't follow with the moisturizing treatment, my hair is still fabulous. It is not like straw like some other protein Rx's I've used in the past.
The smell is strong- hubby says toilet cleaner- but I don't care about smell as long as it works, and this does. My hair is no longer snapping off, it's stronger, and instead of frizz- I have soft waves.

on 6/8/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best conditioner without petrochemicals that I have found so far. Plus, I love the soft coconut protein shake fragrance better than Aubrey's other conditioner fragrances. (It smells a bit better than the matching shampoo.)

GPB Conditioner has a unique, thick consistency, maybe since it doesn't have the petrochemicals that other brands have (including other "natural" brands like Nature's Gate). I have to use a lot to fully condition my long hair, but I really enjoy the aromatheraputic experience.

on 5/26/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is my HG conditioner. I've tried practically every conditioner and this one makes my hair soft, shiny, and manageable. It's better than the most expensive salon products out there.

I love that it's completely natural, too!

on 5/18/2008 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was intrigued by this conditioner as it had received some really good reviews. I feel like I have been searching forever for a conditioner that is natural yet gives me the kind of soft, silky hair that I get after using one of the chemical (normal) conditioners.

This conditioner didn't quite live up to expectations. The texture does not lend itself to easy application - I felt that I was dragging it across my hair rather than smoothing it over. I don't really mind the slightly medicinal smell or the feeling after you've washed it out that there is residue on your hair. My advice with this conditioner is wash it out thoroughly. It left my hair with loads of bounce and feeling lightweight. clean and soft. It wasn't as moisturising as I liked so I now mix it with Naked Rescue Intensive Repair & Renew Hair Treatment (from Boots) and the result: fabulous, head-turning hair.
The intensive conditioner provides the moisture and the GPB provides the bounce. One thing I have noticed with all my experimentation is that the shampoo you use makes a real difference to the results so mix and match and experiment before consigning any product to the bin.