April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you chemically treat your hair (perm, relax, color) then I would suggest using this at least once a week. It's that good at strengthening your hair. Since I wear my hair natural, I don't use this very much anymore. But during those times when I crave straight hair and I'm heavy on the blow dryers and flat irons, this keeps my naturally curly hair strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a protein conditioner- not an everyday moisturizing conditioner- so keep that in mind as you read the reviews below. If your hair does not like protein or does not need protein, this is not the conditioner for you.
My highlighted, sun damaged hair loves this stuff. I put it on dry hair, put a shower cap on, and leave it on for as long as I can (maybe 30 minutes) 1x per week. After shampooing it out, I usually follow it with my weekly deep treatment- L'Oreals Mega Therapy. This is just a 15 year habit of knowing to follow protein treatments with a moisturizing treatment.
HOWEVER, even if I don't follow with the moisturizing treatment, my hair is still fabulous. It is not like straw like some other protein Rx's I've used in the past.
The smell is strong- hubby says toilet cleaner- but I don't care about smell as long as it works, and this does. My hair is no longer snapping off, it's stronger, and instead of frizz- I have soft waves.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best conditioner without petrochemicals that I have found so far. Plus, I love the soft coconut protein shake fragrance better than Aubrey's other conditioner fragrances. (It smells a bit better than the matching shampoo.)

GPB Conditioner has a unique, thick consistency, maybe since it doesn't have the petrochemicals that other brands have (including other "natural" brands like Nature's Gate). I have to use a lot to fully condition my long hair, but I really enjoy the aromatheraputic experience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG conditioner. I've tried practically every conditioner and this one makes my hair soft, shiny, and manageable. It's better than the most expensive salon products out there.

I love that it's completely natural, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this conditioner as it had received some really good reviews. I feel like I have been searching forever for a conditioner that is natural yet gives me the kind of soft, silky hair that I get after using one of the chemical (normal) conditioners.

This conditioner didn't quite live up to expectations. The texture does not lend itself to easy application - I felt that I was dragging it across my hair rather than smoothing it over. I don't really mind the slightly medicinal smell or the feeling after you've washed it out that there is residue on your hair. My advice with this conditioner is wash it out thoroughly. It left my hair with loads of bounce and feeling lightweight. clean and soft. It wasn't as moisturising as I liked so I now mix it with Naked Rescue Intensive Repair & Renew Hair Treatment (from Boots) and the result: fabulous, head-turning hair.
The intensive conditioner provides the moisture and the GPB provides the bounce. One thing I have noticed with all my experimentation is that the shampoo you use makes a real difference to the results so mix and match and experiment before consigning any product to the bin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by somaholiday

This conditioner left my hair greasy and weighted. It felt like I needed to wash my hair multiple times a day even if I used very little. Another reason I won't buy it again is it's not vegan
(Glycoprotein from oyster shells). I do love their Chamomile Volumizing Conditioner though. Their ingredients are more minimal too, which is a plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by steelmagnolia20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I had to return this conditioner! I went out and purchased for my damaged hair after reading reviews. Couldn't believe it when it made my scalp itch and burn and then made the ends of my hair feel like if I rubbed them together I could make fire! super drying! weird! Smell was also very strong and menthol.
UPDATE: i asked about this conditioner at an upscale salon. She said with this and other protein treatments either u love it or u hate it. she said that like me, it made her hair feel really dry like straw. too much protein is even worse than not enough for hair.!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am allergic to mainstream conditioners - the fabric softener ingredients in them, gives me a form of eczema on my hands. So I've been looking at natural products - however, many of them have those same ingredients and/or they have such strong essential oils that they burn my hands and ears - or the fragrances are so overwhelming they give me headaches/congestion. I gave this one a try - and I didn't care for the smell - it's pretty overwhelming. I also found the result of this to be pretty heavy and oily - plus, my hair does not care for protein. So I tried the Swimmers Conditioner, but I found that too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

Hands down one of the best conditioners I've ever used and i've used them ALL. It made my coarse hair soft, bouncy, the most manageable i've ever seen it. The fragrance is lovely, natural and lingers quite longer than most. This product is just as good or better than my beloved Kiehl's Olive fruit oil conditioner except its 1/3 of the price. In addition to being crazy affordable for such a nice product, its also certified 100% cruelty-free. P.S. I would recommend this to anyone that is trying to replace Aveda's discontinued Deep Penetrating Revitalizer. These two products are remarkably similar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I've tried GPB conditioner a couple of years back and really liked it. The other treatments/ conditioners I currently use work just as well as this one. I personally find it a bit to pricey since I am a student on a budget, but I would repurchase this when i have extra $$ to spend. The only thing I did not like was the scent. I am looking to try Live Clean shampoos and conditioners as they are cheaper but also organic/vegan thus containing essential oils for optimum hair health.All in all, GPB is a great product. Come to think of it I should have spent the money that I had on this rather than Kerastase's Oleo Relax conditioning treatment:/. The former works out to be affordable since there the quantity is much more. GPB is great for the hair, IMO.