Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

During a financial crisis I switched from the liquid/pump Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser to this bar because it was dramatically less expensive. For an economical way to wash my face, it was a good investment! The bar lasted me about five months, which is more than twice what a large bottle of the liquid facial cleanser lasts. Its cleansing power seemed about equal to the more expensive liquid cleanser, but it dried my skin just a bit more. Not a big deal -- I just used extra moisturizer. But beware, you may find the bar slightly irritating if you have ultra-sensitive skin!

on 3/31/2011 1:05:00 AM

This is a great soap for sensitive, oily or dry skin. I just started using this soap over the winter since my skin was becoming extremely dry. Within a day of using it, my skin was the softest it's ever been and had a great glow. I also have an oily T-zone and it did not cause my skin to become oily like other cleansers I've used in the past. I've always used either a cleanser (Oil of Olay), which would leave my face greasy sometimes, or whatever body soap I had in the shower, which I don't recommend doing.This soap is on the expensive side, but it actually lasts a long time. I guess because I only use it on my face. I def. recommend this line to those with sensitive skin.

on 3/23/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wanted a gentle, simple, NO FRILLS facial cleanser. I'm sick of harsh, drying, cleansers, some of them even break me out. I just want to wash my skin, and have it clean and ready for exfoliation/ moisturizing etc. This does the job! You can't get much less frilly than an unscented bar of soap! It leaves my skin feeling wonderfully clean, but not overscrubbed. And it's dirt cheap. The only downsides: it's a bar. So... it's kind of hard to keep clean/store. And it did sting my eyes. A lot. When I kind of rubbed it on them, so that was my bad (I was trying to remove eye makeup, it didn't really work and stung very bad so NEVERMIND). I will stick with EVOO for my mascara/eye makeup, and this for the rest. Love it, would definitely repurchase! (The one star off is for the burning sensation).

on 3/18/2011 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

MUA, sooo disapointed with you. Seriously... worst cleanser i have EVER tried. It dosnt really cleanse, it clogs your pores like crazy, and it actually broke me out noticiably. It did make my face soft though, but thats what lotion is for? This would maybe be good for guys or girls who dont wear make-up?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down, this is my favorite Cetaphil cleanser. It has a wonderful sent and leaves your skin surprisingly soft.

on 3/10/2011 1:07:00 AM

My dermatologist advised me to give this soap a try. Being the way I am, I also researched it here on MUA. Since it got good reviews, and is inexpensive, I thought why not (although I admit I was a bit leery having had trouble with other brands of soap).

I bought a bar at Wal-Mart, thinking I'd soon be repurposing it for bath use, but was surprised that the Cetaphil Gentle bar did NOT irritate my face, cause breakouts, hives, rashes, dry patches, or any of the other nasty little things that have happened with other soaps or cleansing bars.

I'm only taking off a couple of lippies because ANY sort of bar cleanser is messy to keep around. I'm spoiled, I like cleansers in bottles and jars.

I now keep a bar around all the time. It's fantastic to find an inexpensive product that really delivers-- thank you, MUA!

on 2/14/2011 10:38:00 PM

I used to buy this for my boyfriend to use on his body because his skin get irritated eaisly. I did not know that eventually I would be using it on my face and loving it. I was using purity (by philosophy) and it worked well for a while and then began breaking me out. I also switched foundations around that time, so I thought it could be the foundation, but as soon as I switched to the cetaphil bar...my skin started clearing up. I have used the liquid, but didn't like it because it never got my skin clean enough. I searched and searched reviews trying to find something that would reverse what was happening and this got great reviews, so I went out and bought it and I am very happy. Not a huge fan of bars because they are messy and hard to travel with, but spening $4 intead of $32 on a facial cleanser it pretty awesome. I use this along with olay moisturizer and my skin feel soft and my face is clearing. I love finding products on the cheap that work well! It does sting my eyes, but its not terrible and its worth the clear skin! It may not work for everyone, but it does for me. So, thanks for the reviews guys because I do read up on what I am about to put on my body.

on 2/14/2011 1:49:00 PM

Love, love, love this bar cleanser even more the liquid. Does not dry my skin out like dove. Gets my light makeup off. It does sting the eye area so I remove eye makeup separately.
This oddly calms my skin and does not make it flaky. The only negative is while it is cheap, I do go through it quickly. But with these results, I am sticking to this cleanser.

on 2/14/2011 1:46:00 PM

This irritated my skin and broke me out.

on 1/23/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser alot, it works for me. I have rosacea, acne prone, and dry skin and it's very gentle. It doesn't break me out, leave my skin dry, or flare up my rosacea. It takes most of my makeup off. I definitely recommend it :)