November 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by rebeccakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried this stuff a few times and regret it every time. It doesn't do anything for me and dries out quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute thin tube! I agree with the review below and do the same thing-- I apply a coat (or clumps) of voluminizing mascara and rake this tiny brush through my lashes. I love the effect I get-- perfect for every day and NO SPIDERY LASHES. Just defined, natural lashes. And I have not had problems with smudging. I'm pleased with this product, it is useful for polishing up my everyday face.
EDIT: this brush is a pain for the 5 minute face. I need a bigger brush. Maybe when I really want to get dolled up I'll pull this out again. Cute idea tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Maimunky

I love this mascara. I've searched and searched and I love this. I've used Clinique's, Lancome's and Revlon, they were all O.K but either gave me raccoon eyes, or clumped, or the applicator was just horrid.

The last mascara I bought was Revlon Double Twist and it was my biggest nightmare. I'm still using it from time to time b/c I hate to waste my money. I'll use it lightly and then layer on maybelline and it looks great b/c the mini-brush separates so well.

It gives such a natural look, darkens and does give me a bit of length. I love it. I don't know what people are complaining about really. It gives such a natural look which is what everyone these days aim for. :)

I love it and I'd buy it again. I don't mind it disappearing magically throughout the day. Lol. There could be a bit more product as well but its good enough for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG mascara. Nothing gets the best out of my wispy, little lashes like this one. A definate rebuy. I will never try anything else. I pray that they never stop making this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by iAwesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in very black and I've found that if applied correctly it can look pretty natural. But it can also make your lashes look spidery which I don't like much at all. It made my lashes noticeably longer but not much darker. (I have black eyelashes though)

I found it impossible to get my bottom eyelashes. I guess mine are just too fine to do much with. Drat. Oh well.

I remove it with baby oil on cotton balls and it comes off relatively easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this mascara. The tiny brush is cute and works well. I find this disappears by the end of the day but I don't get any smudging so it's not THAT big of a deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I was drawn to this product while it was still "new." Well, what can I say? First of all, the name of the product is called, 'Lash Discovery.' Did I discover renewed eyelashes after? Apparently, no. The mascara is at most average at lengthening. The small brush is cute though, but I believe as a customer, I deserve more. It is probably best for the lower lashes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few days, and so far:
PROS:
- the tiny brush, obviously. i use this for my bottom lashes, and my top inner and outer corner lashes. it reaches them perfectly with no smears on my lid or cheek. this is clearly the main draw, and i have to say that when i finish my mascara every day, it looks FABULOUS. finding those corner lashes definitely makes them "fan out" more, and gives the overall impression of much fuller lashes. this is entirely due to the teeny-tiny brush.

CONS:
basically everything else.
- for one, it seems to me that, fresh out of the package, the tube was way less than half full of product. i'm willing to allow that this could very well be because i bought an old tube that had been on the shelf for way too long, but it could also be because the formula is really dry, and as such it dries up to nothing in the tube in very short order. either way, my inner tightwad really doesn't like paying full price for less than half a tube of mascara.
- the worst part: this stuff just DISAPPEARS. seriously, i will put this on in the morning, and check my makeup two hours later to find it completely GONE, my bottom lashes absolutely bare. it is the weirdest thing. and it's not like it's flaking off onto my cheeks or smudging away, either (which i do appreciate, i guess). it's nowhere to be found! poof, gone. so strange.

SO, as much as i wanted to adore this, i just can't. i do love the brush, and will probably just use it with my normal mascara (prestige's my biggest lashes).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by megshanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It's definitely not best used when you want extreme lashes, but it helps my lashes pop. I have medium brown eyes and medium brown hair, so I use the Very Black formula when I want my eyes to pop, but not be right up in your face.

I use an eyelash curler before I apply this, then I apply, then brush, then curl again. I know you're not supposed to use the curler after you apply, but I do it softer afterward and haven't seen any decrease in the strength or loss of my lashes.

This is best used for business casual dress or everyday wear. I've worn it overnight (awful, I know), and the next morning the smearing is minimal (but yes, there is still smearing). I don't normally use eye makeup remover, but instead close my eyes and wash them as I wash my face with my Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash and it comes off just fine.

For the price, this mascara is definitely worth a shot. I have been using it for a year now and have never had a faulty bottle. Definitely my go to mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beautygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long lashes, they aren't super thick but do need definition. I use this mascara on my lower lashes and have for years. It defines them and makes them stand out. I always get complements on my lashes. I am a contacts wearer too, and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. And it has a pretty good staying power. It doesn't start clumping until it starts getting old which is in a month to three months depending on how much I use it. I wear Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Waterproof with vitamin E on my upper lashes. These two products work great together. I definately recommend this product.