Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof

3.7

Petroleum Distillates, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Water, Paraffin, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Rice Starch, Polyvinyl Laurate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Olyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Green, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide.

on 3/20/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I use this on my lower lashes. The mini brush defines my lashes well.

on 3/18/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great, natural-looking mascara. No clumps, no raccoon eyes, no fakey-fake looking lashes. The skinny brush makes it easy to apply without getting any on the skin under my eye.

on 2/18/2010 3:49:00 PM

I've tried this stuff a few times and regret it every time. It doesn't do anything for me and dries out quickly.

on 2/9/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Cute thin tube! I agree with the review below and do the same thing-- I apply a coat (or clumps) of voluminizing mascara and rake this tiny brush through my lashes. I love the effect I get-- perfect for every day and NO SPIDERY LASHES. Just defined, natural lashes. And I have not had problems with smudging. I'm pleased with this product, it is useful for polishing up my everyday face.
EDIT: this brush is a pain for the 5 minute face. I need a bigger brush. Maybe when I really want to get dolled up I'll pull this out again. Cute idea tho.

on 2/4/2010 11:29:00 PM

I love this mascara. I've searched and searched and I love this. I've used Clinique's, Lancome's and Revlon, they were all O.K but either gave me raccoon eyes, or clumped, or the applicator was just horrid.

The last mascara I bought was Revlon Double Twist and it was my biggest nightmare. I'm still using it from time to time b/c I hate to waste my money. I'll use it lightly and then layer on maybelline and it looks great b/c the mini-brush separates so well.

It gives such a natural look, darkens and does give me a bit of length. I love it. I don't know what people are complaining about really. It gives such a natural look which is what everyone these days aim for. :)

I love it and I'd buy it again. I don't mind it disappearing magically throughout the day. Lol. There could be a bit more product as well but its good enough for me!

on 1/28/2010 4:19:00 PM

My HG mascara. Nothing gets the best out of my wispy, little lashes like this one. A definate rebuy. I will never try anything else. I pray that they never stop making this one.

on 1/15/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this in very black and I've found that if applied correctly it can look pretty natural. But it can also make your lashes look spidery which I don't like much at all. It made my lashes noticeably longer but not much darker. (I have black eyelashes though)

I found it impossible to get my bottom eyelashes. I guess mine are just too fine to do much with. Drat. Oh well.

I remove it with baby oil on cotton balls and it comes off relatively easily.

on 12/15/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara. The tiny brush is cute and works well. I find this disappears by the end of the day but I don't get any smudging so it's not THAT big of a deal.

on 11/21/2009 3:26:00 PM

I was drawn to this product while it was still "new." Well, what can I say? First of all, the name of the product is called, 'Lash Discovery.' Did I discover renewed eyelashes after? Apparently, no. The mascara is at most average at lengthening. The small brush is cute though, but I believe as a customer, I deserve more. It is probably best for the lower lashes.

on 11/3/2009 2:33:00 AM

I've been using this for a few days, and so far:
PROS:
- the tiny brush, obviously. i use this for my bottom lashes, and my top inner and outer corner lashes. it reaches them perfectly with no smears on my lid or cheek. this is clearly the main draw, and i have to say that when i finish my mascara every day, it looks FABULOUS. finding those corner lashes definitely makes them "fan out" more, and gives the overall impression of much fuller lashes. this is entirely due to the teeny-tiny brush.

CONS:
basically everything else.
- for one, it seems to me that, fresh out of the package, the tube was way less than half full of product. i'm willing to allow that this could very well be because i bought an old tube that had been on the shelf for way too long, but it could also be because the formula is really dry, and as such it dries up to nothing in the tube in very short order. either way, my inner tightwad really doesn't like paying full price for less than half a tube of mascara.
- the worst part: this stuff just DISAPPEARS. seriously, i will put this on in the morning, and check my makeup two hours later to find it completely GONE, my bottom lashes absolutely bare. it is the weirdest thing. and it's not like it's flaking off onto my cheeks or smudging away, either (which i do appreciate, i guess). it's nowhere to be found! poof, gone. so strange.

SO, as much as i wanted to adore this, i just can't. i do love the brush, and will probably just use it with my normal mascara (prestige's my biggest lashes).