Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine ] [DISCONTINUED]

Smashbox Photo Matte Anti-Shine ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methicone, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Water\Aqua\Eau, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 12/31/2008 7:12:00 AM

mattifies even the most oily skin! i love it . it's a bit tricky to apply since it needs only a small amount and rubing on to face till it's completely sunk into skin. for better foundation application use a primer after the anti shine (i use mac's matte). you should apply after moisturizing and before primer. keeps skin shine free for several hours.

on 12/27/2008 1:14:00 AM

this is the first primer i have ever used n i really like it. It does keep the oil on ur face under control but it does not stop shine throughout the day. makes ur skin matte does not feel heavy and a really good primer for oily skin ppl like me.

on 12/14/2008 10:01:00 PM

If i have a spot of oil on my face,i can put it on and it mattifies the shine,but im looking for something that actually stops shine before it starts.

on 12/8/2008 10:24:00 PM

As much as I'd hate to admit it, my face is somewhat of an oil factory. And because of this, I have a tendency to get shiny. I used to use Lancome's T. Controle, which is similar in concept but didn't have good lasting power. I purchased this at Sephora because the SA recommended it. It helps control my shine and stave off the shinies until midday for me. Although it doesn't completely obliterate my shininess, I still live this product. It's been a mainstay of my make-up routine for years now. I also like that it's in a plastic tube for two reasons: 1) it's more hygenic and 2) i can cut it and use every last bit of the product.

One little note, you have to apply this after moistuizer and before your foundation/tinted moisturizer/powders. And when you put it on, make sure you rub it all in. Otherwise it will dry and become white...not a good look.

Have and will continue repurchasing.

on 10/15/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's an okay idea, but it doesn't work with my products at all. They sit on top of it funny, and using it has become a nuisance. And for 30$ its a waste.

on 9/13/2008 3:59:00 PM

The anti-shine does not last all day. I have clear combo skin, shiny in the t-zone. When applied, the product is kind of sticky, but dries to a powder. At first, when I first put it on in the morning, my skin was matte. By dinner time, my skin was glowing in the t-zone. By evening, it looked like I hadn't put it on. However, just a reapplication fixed that. FYI, the product dries out my skin a little.

on 9/3/2008 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product did absolutely nothing for me. I had high hopes but was very let-down. Medi-Matte is the answer if you have oily skin.

on 8/29/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did NOTHING for my oily skin. I didn't like applying it because sometimes it would leave a white pasty look on my face if I didn't get it blended quite right. I am returning this, as it made no difference in how shiny my face was. I bought MAC prep+prime with SPF and that seems to be working much better.

on 8/20/2008 7:13:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! Wow, it works pretty well under the Photo Finish Primer Light and over the foundation with tab it on T-zone after a few hours. Definitely, I will buy this again!!

on 8/19/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff!! I've been using it all summer in Maryland in the heat and humidity. I drive a car with no A/C, so I get sweaty just driving to work, and this stuff keeps me dry.
I have super oily skin, and I usually have to blot and touch within 2 hours of applying a powder foundation, and every 2 hours after that. However, if I use this with a powder foundation, I can put it on at 8am, and don't have to blot until about 1pm. This is very impressive! If I use liquid foundation, it takes about 3 hours for me to become oily, but I'm okay with using a powder foundation if it keeps me from being oily!
Basically, I rub it between my fingers for a few seconds (after my moisturizer has sunk in), then pat it onto my face, let it dry for 5-10 minutes and apply foundation.
It is expensive, but it's worth it to me. I work in ladies better at a department store, and we're super busy, so the more time I can stay on the floor without my glasses sliding off my nose, the more money I can make!
When it's gone, I'm getting more!!

UPDATE: if I use this with certain liquid foundations, it makes my pores stand out really big!!! This is not good... I'm still gonna use it, but with powder foundation only

Popular Primer/ Correctors