April 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ttss22

I think this is the best powder I have tried so far. It covers up the shine very well, stays on for a long time and is very light. The only prolem is that it is very expensive and its size is pretty small.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

This product is expensive, but when you get it, when you first open the little box it's in, you immediately know why. It oozes luxury, from the packaging, to the compact itself, to the finely milled powder (the important part).

I have this in the lightest shade, which matches my skintone very well. I applied it with the included 'pouf' (if you can even call it that--it's just a thin, flat rag to me) at first and found myself displeased since it looked like I was wearing a powder mask. Ugh.
After this, I applied with a brush, to much better results. In short, this powder is amazing! Makes my face matte, but not dull and fake-looking; there's still a healthy glow. I don't really need any touch-ups throughout the day either, which is amazing. Controls shine very well for me, even on my nose, which is my annoying problem area.
This is an expensive product, but it's definitely worth the money to me. I'll never go anywhere without it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG and a permanent resident in my handbag!!!!

The packaging just oozes luxury (important 'face' factor here!!!!)
The powder itself just works wonders: matte but not 'funeral parlor matte', glowing pigments that look awesome on picture (like most Chanel foundations/powders), lasts for a long time.
Smell is pleasant too.
Doesn't irritate or make my very sensitive eyes water!
Will definitelly repurchase!!!!

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to Bobbi Brown compact powder!?!??!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by skrumptiousberry

I cannot rave enough about this powder. I was looking for something that was natural, but at the same time controlled shine, and boy did it get the job done. It leaves a beautiful matte finish when applied to shine prone areas, but it's not obvious that you're wearing powder at all and gives you beautiful flawless skin. Love love this product, will definitely buy when i run out (which i suspect would be a long time) and the packaging sure does look sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this powder daily to set my foundation. I prefer using pressed powder to loose powder to avoid messy spills. I apply it with my large, fluffy Chanel #6 powder brush after my foundation and it gives my skin a beautiful, flawless, matte-velvet finish. I hardly require any touch-ups all day. It does not cause any breakouts, clogged pores or irritation for me either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by peo189

I use this product in coordinate with Chanel foundation Pro Lumiere and they both work well together, I use the Chanel Universelle Comacte in translucent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I have this in DORE 3 and I love this. I set my cream to powder with it and use it as a touch up powder through the day. I used to use Chanel's Double Perfection til they reformulated and it never was the same, but they have the best quality ingredients and this is the same as a blotting powder, but so much better. I need only touch up maybe once or twice with this in the Las Vegas heat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the mat lumiere foundation from chanel, and it usually starts to melt after 4 to 5 hours. But if i apply this powder over my foundation, it gives me a mat finish and my makeup stays for the whole day! i think it works really well to control the shine

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

This powder does not melt into your skin - it sits on top of it looking very unnatural. Even when applied lightly with a brush it just doesn't blend well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for years and had been satisfied up until recently. For some reason, I have the lightest translucent but it becomes mask-like on me and is sitting more and more in my pores and creates a mask of lines all over the place. Some would say that I am getting older, but without makeup my skin is smooth and when I use Dior or Guerlain, my skin is pretty, so it must be the product. The colour is a little too dark for me now, even in the lightest shade, and I am very unhappy with the result now. I don't know if the formula was changed - I bought two about a year apart and I am having trouble with both of them! So, I am afraid that Chanel has finally almost completely lost me after being a long-time customer (over 20 years). I am very happy with Dior and with Guerlain's pressed powders - they give me the light and luminescence I am searching for without turning into a strange mask. I still give it a 4 because I was very happy with this product for a long, long time, so the mark needs to reflect that, but I wouldn't repurchase again anymore. boo hoo

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No