September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by alicebt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG compact powder. Gives you a natural finish (not "powdery") and allows you a number of touch-ups without ever becoming cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

Pretty decent for oil-control but I'm pretty darn oily so it doesn't work the best. You can cake this stuff on without it looking like a cake-face. I have this in no. 55 peche and it's a little too dark, so this is a go-to in the summer only. Another minus is that the puff included is pretty disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jenlieu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best compact I have as a cover powder. Never cakey, not drying, very fine coverage. I love it. I have it in the 30 Natural Translucent 2. Expensive but tres chic in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by bcoolnchil

Firstly, the packaging is sleek and compact, as a compact should be (Diorskin forever take note!). I like that it's simple and doesn't have bulky multiple layers or anything, just a classy looking compact. Inside, the powder is extremely finely milled. At first, I saw the bits of sparkle and felt turned off thinking, "I want powder to make me look less shiny" but when I tried it, I looked perfectly matte. However, this is not the matte that makes the face look flat and calls out for highlighting, the subtle unnoticeable sparkle keeps my nose matte yet dimensional and the powder lays completely flat on the skin: no powdery finish or need to spray with Evian/fix plus. It is the opposite of that horrible MAC studio fix powder, heavy, obviously makeup-ey, cakey, flat; a little tap of the sponge keeps oil at bay for a long time (I get greasy quickly and used to have to touch up after just an hour from when I put on my makeup) which is nice since MAC's powder had my touching up every five seconds leading to thick makeup and clogged pores. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ebijou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one great powder. Every powder I have tried so far (name it... every one of them!) haven't gave me a matte look all day long. I always got oily T zone aroung mid-day, and in the afternoon too. With Chanel's powder, my skin was matte (but not cakey!) and fresh all day long. I chose a darker color then I would have picked normally, because I was looking for a powder with very little coverage, just not transparent. I have translucent 2 (I am MAC NC20) and the color is a perfect match. I really like this powder and strongly suggest it for oily-combo skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ttss22

I think this is the best powder I have tried so far. It covers up the shine very well, stays on for a long time and is very light. The only prolem is that it is very expensive and its size is pretty small.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

This product is expensive, but when you get it, when you first open the little box it's in, you immediately know why. It oozes luxury, from the packaging, to the compact itself, to the finely milled powder (the important part).

I have this in the lightest shade, which matches my skintone very well. I applied it with the included 'pouf' (if you can even call it that--it's just a thin, flat rag to me) at first and found myself displeased since it looked like I was wearing a powder mask. Ugh.
After this, I applied with a brush, to much better results. In short, this powder is amazing! Makes my face matte, but not dull and fake-looking; there's still a healthy glow. I don't really need any touch-ups throughout the day either, which is amazing. Controls shine very well for me, even on my nose, which is my annoying problem area.
This is an expensive product, but it's definitely worth the money to me. I'll never go anywhere without it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG and a permanent resident in my handbag!!!!

The packaging just oozes luxury (important 'face' factor here!!!!)
The powder itself just works wonders: matte but not 'funeral parlor matte', glowing pigments that look awesome on picture (like most Chanel foundations/powders), lasts for a long time.
Smell is pleasant too.
Doesn't irritate or make my very sensitive eyes water!
Will definitelly repurchase!!!!

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to Bobbi Brown compact powder!?!??!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by skrumptiousberry

I cannot rave enough about this powder. I was looking for something that was natural, but at the same time controlled shine, and boy did it get the job done. It leaves a beautiful matte finish when applied to shine prone areas, but it's not obvious that you're wearing powder at all and gives you beautiful flawless skin. Love love this product, will definitely buy when i run out (which i suspect would be a long time) and the packaging sure does look sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this powder daily to set my foundation. I prefer using pressed powder to loose powder to avoid messy spills. I apply it with my large, fluffy Chanel Powder brush after my foundation and it gives my skin a beautiful, flawless, velvety finish. I hardly require any touch-ups all day. It does not cause any breakouts, clogged pores or irritation for me either. It photographs beautifully with no white cast.