July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 5:51:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought this product for years. Superior moisturizing effects. (Why someone would put this on their face [see other reviews], absolutely mystifies me. This is a body product.)

This product has no carcinogens, unlike many body products. It is absorbed quickly, and leaves the skin very supple. The smell is better than other Burt's Bees products, but it still leaves much to be desired.

For moisturizing, I give it 5 lipsticks; for smell, it goes down a notch. Finally, in my opinion, the smell makes this completely inappropriate to use before you're with someone intimately. I can't imagine any man on the planet liking any Burt's Bees scent.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2004 4:10:00 PM More reviews by flossfairy

I'm not sure how I feel about the scent of this lotion. It is a little too earthy for me. The lotion is kind of runny and the bottle ended up goopy after a few pumps.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by lilycreator

I tested this out at a drugstore and it was disgusting. First off, it's a really weird yellow colour which although didn't put me off, would probably put off others. Secondly, it squirts out of the pump bottle like milk so you gotta watch where you aim. For a lotion that has the consistency of milk, you'd think that it would be absorbed really easily right? Wrong. When I started rubbing this on my arm, it felt so greasy and thick. It left this greasy residue all over my arm and although it did moisturize well, I wouldn't want that greasy feeling that lasts forever. Would never buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2004 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Aijin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The yellow-orange color can be disconcerting to those individuals spoiled on white or pink lotions; but I find it charming. The smell is very warm and reminds me slightly of vanilla. At first I figured I was going to hate it because it's "carrot-y", but I find myself wanting to rub it all over my body. The substance is thin and "watery", but it moisturizes much better than any other "thick" creamy lotions I've used before. I reccomend it...although if you really prefer fake fruity/flower smells and thick lotions that need to be re-applied due to lack of moisturizing..then this lotion isn't for you. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Ok, is it me? or did the yellowish color put anyone else off at first? Guess that's to be expected with a Carrot containing product and also Beta Carotene. I like the smell, sort of carroty, more coconutty in my opinion. Is pretty good at moisturizing and I like the idea of the natural, organic quality of these products, not sure if I'd repurchase this. Thank God for trial sized packets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I cannot wait to get money so I can go buy a whole bottle of this. I tried it in Borders last night & loved it. The smell is what got me- I am the biggest fan of planty/vegetabley smells & this just smells great. I can't even describe the smell except to say its vaguely carroty with a hint of something else. This seemed to moisturize very well too, it felt kind of greasy for a while which I like, I hate it when lotions absorb right away & leave my hands feeling dry. UPDATE- My wonderful husband bought me a bottle last night! Used it on my freshly-shaven legs earlier today & it made my skin smoother than any other cream has. Which is odd b/c it felt very thin & watery going on. This did not turn me yellow in the slightest, and I think the lotion's yellow color is kind of cute & old-fashioned(in fact, that's what I like best about the whole Burt's Bees line- the old-timey feel it has). I can see how it could discolor a paler person though. Still lovin' that planty smell too! I think I may have a HG here.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2004 10:38:00 PM More reviews by unioncityblue5

This product smelled terrible. The lotion made me itch, and tinted my skin slightly. Don't use it if you have pale, sensitive skin and can't take weird smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by shengmei

This thing is so incredibly concentrated, I have to rub it in. If I use it like other lotions I have (which were diluted with water by the manufacturer), it would be definitely too oily. I love the scent, and it helps my pimples heal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this lotion for summer. It's light and it aborbs quickly but it moisturizes well. I love the scent. I really love the scent. I almost quit smoking because I wanted to smell this lotion on my skin all day and the tobacco smell covered it up. The only thing I don't like is the price. It's too expensive for the amount you get when you consider that it is all natural. I will buy this again every summer that I tan because nothing is better, but in the winter I'll stick to Palmer's cocoa butter lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 12:01:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

This lotion smells odd. At times I can smell the carrot, and at other times I smell chocolate! It's not my favorite, but it's not horrible either. It moisturizes well, lasts all day, and I haven't noticed the yellow tint that other reviewers have talked about. I guess I have kind of a yellowish olive skin tone, so it just blends in. I got this as a gift, but I'd buy again!